Dogomania

sick puppy! please help

Baileysmom

I'm starting to panic now - Furby the biggest of the foster pups that had parvo has had diarrhea last night and several times today :( none of the three ate as much as they normally do this morning - they are still playing around a little, but seem a little quieter - and Furby definetely seems "down"....... I have called the vet at the humane society and left messages on two different numbers, but no one has called me back.
what could be wrong?? how do I know if I should be worrying, because now everything worries me with these guys :wink:
what should I do?

Baileysmom how are the puppies?! I don't know about anyone else but I couldn't get on Dogo last night. Saw the title on the post and I was hoping it wasn't your puppies (not that I was hoping it was anyone elses either but...you know what I mean.)

Sending good thoughts for you and the little three....

Oh Thank Dog they seem much better today!!!!!!!!! :wink: I gave two of them pepto last night and they all woke up with a clean crate (YAY!!!!!) and running around full of puppy energy again!
I think they probably did just eat something they shouldnt have..... Im always pulling them out of eating dirt, wood, poop, you name it! :roll:

**WHEW** - good news!! I couldnt get on that niught either, something was messed up on the site, cuz all the other sites worked fine. It locked up as I was trying to respond to this post, then kicked me out, and everytime I tried to get back in, it took me to Dogomania Poland, I think. I dont read Polish, but that's what it looked like. weird....glad the pups are ok.

:D

we had a similar problem with polo when he was just a little pup! so what i would do is firstly keep the puppies well hydrated, because they lose a water due to diarrhea..
as to what could be causing this.. i think its very normal for puppies to have temporary diarrhea, but if you've changed their diet that could be it.. or if their exposed to parasites(but i highly doubt that)
if you can get them to vet for a fecal sample that would definitely help.. for now keep the water coming!
hope they're better soon.. :wink: