Dogomania

Undergroud pet fence

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Has anyone had any experience with the underground fence. We just had one installed last Friday for our Aussie that we inherited from my daughter in college. The Aussie is a wonderful pet, but she won't use the bathroom on a leash and we live in the city. The training is going okay, but she did run through the fence once yesterday by accident.
I'd appreciate any comments to help with the training.
Thanks,

I have never personally used one but have heard a lot of people that say their dog would run through one in a second. I have heard of quite a few people that lost their dog because they left the dog unattended with that fence and the dog ran through it and was killed by a passing car. PLEASE be careful! Do not leave your pooch alone even with that fence. They can easily run right through.
We had a foster dog that would not use the bathroom on a leash either. We actually have a couple acres fenced in but wanted to be able to keep a better eye on her when she was outside going to the bathroom so we got a 15 ft tie out cable and would just put her out for about 15 - 20 minutes and then bring her in. She would not even use the bathroom if we were looking! She was shy!
At her new home they just walk her and walk her and walk her and sometimes have to walk for 30 - 40 minutes before she will finally duck behind a tree or in a shadow and do her business!
Dogs are so funny! I can't believe anyone could ever say they have no personality!
Good Luck! And please be careful with those fences!

It all depends on the dog. I do know quite a few dogs who will just charge through it. And once through, they won't come back in. Why would they want to be shocked twice?

Also, it keeps nothing out of your yard. Anything can get into your yard with your dog. Other animals, kids, people....and that makes me nervous. But again, it depends on your dog. Let's just say it would make me nervous with my boys.