Dogomania

Clever Dog

A friend of mine has a Bullmastiff which he intended to mate. I tried to point out everything that could go wrong to talk him out of it. She came into season-- on the right day he took her to the male's house - but I was the first time he had been used for stud ........ nothing happened
She owner was telling another friend and myself about it.. when the other friend said "but they are both pedigees it should have worked" :roll:
he is going to take her to the vets now to be spayed :wink: what a good girl she must have listened to me

[quote]but they are both pedigees it should have worked[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMD thats cracking me up.....

maybe its because they're pedigreed it didnt work....maybe she felt she was "better" than him.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

either way, its a good thing she is spayed now....

:wink:

From what I understand from talking to different breeders of large breed dogs this is quite common. There are alot of large breed breeders who have to do AI's and have never been successful with a natural breeding. I also talked to some breeders who could throw a bitch in with a male in full season and not even have the male interested in her. Funny how that works, maybe they know some thing we don't. I guess this happens alot with many other breeds too such as old english bulldogs, newfoundlands, bullmastiff, oldenglish mastiff, danes etc.

• 2 years later...