Dogomania

Brainwashed?

True_Pits

The media has really been successful in brainwashing people into thinking every attack must be by a Pit Bull. Lastnite a family member told me to watch the news, I just had to. Because

A Pit Bull killed a dozen endangered animals at a zoo.

Okay so I flip to the news and A [b]pack[/b] (four) of [b]wild[/b] dogs killed [b]half[/b] a dozen endangered Gazelles. Now where did they get Pit Bull killing 12 animals out of that? I don't know. They just saw a short "preview clip" and assumed it must have been a Pit Bull. Just a pack of 4 wild mutts 2 of which were shot.

Guest Anonymous

They didnt call them pit bulls on the local news here. Just said "a pack of wild dogs". They did show a couple pictures of them though. Looked NOTHING like pit bulls or even pit bull crosses.
It is too bad about the gazelles.
Didnt that happen in kansas city?

Yes it was at the KC zoo. There is a park right next to the zoo called Swoop park if i remember right and there is alot of wild dogs that keep having pups and have never been handled. the zoo has the park fence with if i remember right aproxamently 5miles of chainlink fence but it is hard to check all of it regularly they said. they think the dogs dug under the fence. I dont think it is the first time they cought the dogs in the zoo. I was wondering why they havent done something bout the wild dogs in the park???.

[quote]Wild dogs are excedingly resourceful - they would be hard to keep out[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing. The wolf range in Brookfield Zoo (near Chicago) has triple fencing on top of buried concrete, I believe I read 30 feet high, so the wolves cant dig out or get over. then there is about a 15 foot "open area", and then another set of fencing to keep people away from the range area. Wild dogs could finagle their way under standard chain link, especially if there was dirt and not cement, quite easily.

I agree though, why hasnt the county or AC done something about the wild dogs in the park? I would think they are a danger to people, as well as animals....especially that close to the zoo......that's so sad about the gazelles....

:(

[quote]They didnt call them pit bulls on the local news here. Just said "a pack of wild dogs". They did show a couple pictures of them though. Looked NOTHING like pit bulls or even pit bull crosses.
It is too bad about the gazelles.
Didnt that happen in kansas city?[/quote]

Yeah I know they didn't say anything about Pit Bulls here, this person only saw a 5 second clip previws and just assumed they were Pit Bulls. They said a pack of 4 wild dogs and 2 were shot dead. KC Zoo is correct they said something about taking away the zoo's license if that tells you anything about the zoo. A Giraffe there was accidently electricuted they also said.

[quote]did you call up your friend and tell them to watch the news again because they were nothing even close to pit bulls?[/quote]

Yeah I did and they said. Oh, I thought they said Pit Bulls. (During the preview clip).