Dogomania

my chihuahua Bell was fixed today, now I'm scared

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello not sure if any of you remember my Baby Bell... But she is my 5 month old chihuahua. Well Bell was fixed today. I picked her up at about 1:00Pm. She was tired and went rite to sleep. I think that is normal. But now I am a bit worried. She has not walked around at all. I did pick her up and set her next to her bowls, but she did nothing but walk back to the cough and laid down and went to sleep. She also has not gone potty since this morning. I did give her a little bit of water from a dropper. she took that well. She would not eat her food but she did eat a treat laying down. I have been giving her Nutri-Cal. Other then that she has not moved. I need to know if this is normal for a little dog. She weighs 4.5 pounds now. I am afraid to go to sleep, I just want to make sure she will keep waking up. Any advise would be loved.
Thanks so much,
Terra

Guest Anonymous

Thanks so much for that site..... It helps. I am just so worried about her. any other dog that I have ever seen was always pretty active a couple hours after they came home. Or at least walking around and drinking. I have had so many scares with her being allergic to everything that the vet has given her. I am just so happy that the surgery didn't make her swell up twice the size, or worse.
Thanks again,
Terra

I'd say she's acting normal......especially for such a wee dog.
When I had my Jacks spayed they came home that night.....all they wanted to do was cuddle and sleep. :wink:
Vet told me to keep them calm for a week........ :o :roll:
About the 2nd day they were moving a little slow but almost normal.
I think I was more worried about them than I needed to be :oops: