Dogomania

Please someone, need advice

Liz

Bogart got bit by a spider today and his eyelid swelled up a lot. Took him to he vet and he gave him an antihistamine shot and told me to give hims some benedryl before he goes to bed. Well I looked on the package and it says an adult dosage is 1-2 tablets, well I am almost positive the vet said give 3. That seems like a lot. Does anyone know? He weighs 70 pounds. Thanks so much!!!

I 'believe' the dosage for a dog is one regular tablet for every 25lbs of their weight. This indeed would mean that you would give Bogart 3.
Is there an emergency clinic anywhere near you? If so, perhaps you can call them for advice, I would hope they would be able to tell you this over the phone.

Liz I'm no expert but I know my DAD took literally sixteen capsules of 25mg benadryl at once after he ate nuts which he's really allergic to. Granted he's a big guy, about 250 pounds. It quelled the allergic reaction and made him sleep for a long time, that's it.

Don't dose on this advice alone but if you have already, it may make you feel better.