Dogomania

Wet Dog

Guest Mutts4Me

Guest Mutts4Me

:o

I took my sister to lunch and school, and was gone for an hour and a half. I came home, cheerfully said "Hi" to Sopie Cat, who was sitting inside the door, and saw Sasha Dog peeking around the corner. Started to say "Hi" to her, too, when I noticed her ears were flat back and her head kinda low. Uh-oh...

The dog had gotten into the kitty litter boxes and brought poo out into the room in three different places!!!! ARGH!!!! :evil:

So then I'm staring at her, speechless, and I notice one of her shoulders is wet and matted. Wincing, I bend down to sniff. :o Yeah, she'd rolled in it... ack.

So I drew her a bath and scrubbed her down, much to her dismay. I didn't even tell her she was a bad dog (I don't know if I should've) because I didn't want her to think the bath was a punishment (she already kinda thinks that).

Anyway, this is a clean, brushed, wet BAD DOG:

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UQAAAJQZfTSnml1guDbXMP7sp01WQXBZCpYRFfnjC3NBLwGWzCnCZHlCuob4Y8atWu5v40YJrMgqg5T7g653Zy7OLdpJkbRIwA4edPbp13TO1LOjN8lJfEhaC6i4KaHY/wetdog.jpg[/img]

Yep, I keep my litter box well out of reach of my pooches. The temptation is too great :lol: also, I would NEVER punish a dog for doing some thing which is natural to do like eating poop. I just make sure its out of the way, if the dogs get into it, then its my fault, not my dogs. :wink:
Sasha looks sweet all wet and proud looking.

Guest Mutts4Me

With 5 cats and thee litter boxes, it's pretty much impossible to keep them from the dog's reach :)

She sometimes gets a piece out and leave it somewhere - she doesn't actually [i]eat[/i] it - when she's feeling vindictive, but not only has she been given a ton of attention the past three days, but this time she pulled out 3 pieces and [b]rolled[/b] in it. Argh.

On the up side, she's super soft now... and she smells like Tee Tree Oil, which I just love :D

We had the same problem until we figured out to keep the litter box turned around backward (we have the kind with a tall cover and a door opening in it) into the corner of the room. There's plenty of room for the cat to get into it, but the dog can't reach it (so far he hasn't figured out to paw it away from the corner.)