Dogomania

Candy is home from the vets

Carolk9s

She came through surgery just fine. She has a large bandage on her front right that can come off Thursday. I'm sure my Mom will be thrilled to know this since she will have Candy with her then!
The vets gave me an e-collar, the protective kind not the electric kind, poor Candy has to learn to lift her head up or it drags on the ground!
She has a few stitches in her lip from the removal of the skin tag. It will be 5-7 days before I get the biopsy results, I told the vet, do NOT call me at work with those, leave a message at home. While good news would be ok, this way I won't be wondering if I don't hear from them at work.

She limps and when I have the plastic bag over her bandage for going outside, she stops a lot and sticks that front leg out. Now that it's bedtime, she has to wear the plastic e-collar, oh she looks so sad! She turned her nose up at water but attacked her dinner with gusto. I put some water in her food so at least she's getting some fluid. I gave her about 1/2 her normal dinner ration then about 2 hours later, gave her some more. I'm sure she would eat even more but that must wait until the morning. She just figured out how to lie down with her lampshade on. She does not care for me lifting her but she's not allowed to jump so if she wants up on the couch, I pick her up. I'm very careful not to bump her boo boo!