Dogomania

Thread on a banning Pit bulls!!

Sharpeigirl

:evilbat: :evilbat: I should invite her here, and see how long she holds up to all the pit lovers here.. Naw, she'd just want to lock every thread she made cause we didn't agree with her. :roll: At least I tried, that's all that matters, and I guess maybe someone will read it & learn something about Pit bulls, if they can look past the negitive.

[quote]The reason the thread got locked is because you were turning it into a circus with your endless pro-LOVE BUG posts.

I started it as a discussion!
[/quote]

What a load of doo doo! What a crybaby thing to say! What is this person's idea of "discussion?" Everyone agrees with THEIR point of view only? They won't have the balls to come here and "discuss" it even though most of our Pit members are pretty eloquent and willing to openly talk. If this person would take their head of the sand and be willing to genuinely consider alternative points of view, they might actually be able to learn something rather than assume s/he knows it all already.

So sad, that mindset. It's kind of like men who beat their wives and girlfriends and then excuse it away by saying, "I wouldn't have to do that if you didn't make me angry..."

Here's my counter point to her comments:

[quote]I was disscusing the breed.. Wasn't that the whole point of the thread? You know debates have 2 sides, pro & con.. I'm for keeping Pit Bull's alive & well, and I know people who own pit bulls and have kids, and they're loveing members of the family. And yes there are bad member of the breed out there, but to label them all bad is pointless.. Have you ever met a good pit bull? Been charmed with a big happy doggie smile? You probally haven't. The Media refuses to allow the good press out about Pits, they'd rather make money & headlines, on the big "Pit Attack" whenn most of the times it's not even a pit bull..
[/quote]

Not bad if I do say so. I'll keep the fire going as long as I can :evilbat: :evilbat: Not going to give in to a know it all..

[quote]oh, oh and they "THINK" pit bulls were bred for fighting! they can't even say for SURE what they know. who could take anything seriously from this person who OBVIOUSLY doesn't know what they're talking about... [/quote]

That happens to me all the time in discussions like that. Someone will say such and such a breed is aggressive by nature, and I will launch into some big explanation on how they are wrong and no breed is inherently aggressive, yada yada, etc, and at the very end, the person posts back saying "oh, well, I still THINK they're aggressive." Like I said folks, there is no point in arguing with people like that. You'll just drive yourself insane.
:agrue: :x :drinking:

~Seij

My ID was ohyeahme, but I never got to post! :( I had really good things to say too. Just plain and simple facts! I registered and it kept saying I didn't have permission to post. I even logged in and it said I was logged in after I activated my account. So fustrating.

But you know people are ignorant when they say 99% of Pit Bulls are trained to be vicious..lmao. and some of the other "facts" they made up. Lol people will lie, I'm surprised they don't get struck by lighting. How can some one with a consious out right lie and make up BS? Shows a lack of intellect and maturity. how I wish I could post, cant believe its locked now :evil:

[quote name='True_Pits']My ID was ohyeahme, but I never got to post! :( I had really good things to say too. Just plain and simple facts! I registered and it kept saying I didn't have permission to post. I even logged in and it said I was logged in after I activated my account. So fustrating.
[/quote]
Did you try to post in the original thread or start another? You can't post new threads until you get a certain amount of posts, for some reason. Unless its that I have no idea why you aren't able to post. I hope you're able to soon though, some of those people need a real pit bull person to talk to them! :wink: :evilbat:

[quote]Quote:
The reason the thread got locked is because you were turning it into a circus with your endless pro-LOVE BUG posts.

I started it as a discussion!

[/quote]

Sooooooo, according to her, "discussions" should never include an opposing side? we are all to agree no matter what? Maybe He/She is my ex-husband. He demanded that no one disagree with him, either...

you can copy and paste this there if you want. with my full permissions...

:o :o :o

It SHOULD work, True_Pits. Found this:

Junior Member 1 -199 posts

Features:

Ability to view each board
Ability to reply to topics
NEW 6/1/2004 - Post your Own Topics
NEW 6/1/2004 - Ability to post polls
[url]http://boards.countryweekly.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?s=6df936be850e43874a48e91ce4e033d1;act=ST;f=13;t=21572[/url]

I registered as CrazyK9 and I just posted there... gosh these people are pissing me off!

They keep saying the pit people are being rude jerks but look at what theyre saying... its like they can get away with whatever they want but we get blamed through it all! :evil: :roll:

Im going to try to post as many facts as I can and as little opinion as possible but Im sure I will end up getting a little steamed with these people especially when theyre calling my love bugs "monsters" :cry:

[quote name='__crazy_canine__']I registered as CrazyK9 and I just posted there... gosh these people are p*** me off!

They keep saying the pit people are being rude jerks but look at what theyre saying... its like they can get away with whatever they want but we get blamed through it all! :evil: :roll:

Im going to try to post as many facts as I can and as little opinion as possible but Im sure I will end up getting a little steamed with these people especially when theyre calling my love bugs "monsters" :cry:[/quote]

Great! :D

I think the person who started the thread just likes to argue and thats it. First of all, why would you post about pits on a country music site? Second of all, why is s/he only replying when s/he can argue?

Didnt reply to my posts yet I bet its because theres only facts and s/he cant think of anything yet.

SharPeiGirl, keep posting though please. I know you want to give up but we can at least try, right?

hey guys good job keeping up the fight... i'd be over there but i can't even force myself to read the words... anyway, i found some good stuff you can post to them:

[url]http://members.aol.com/bstofshw/facts.html[/url]

[url]http://www.thedogplace.com/hotnews/av6.asp[/url]

[url]http://www.thedogplace.com/library/articles156.htm[/url]

[url]http://www.dogbitelaw.com/PAGES/statistics.html[/url]

[url]http://www.samthedogtrainer.com/Articles_Dog%20Bite%20Statistics.htm[/url]

[url]http://www.geocities.com/genealogypublishing/DogBites.htm[/url]

and i lost the link to this one but it's good too (as reported by CBS NEWS!):

"(CBS) Many people have misconceptions about which kinds of dogs are actually inclined to bite or attack, as well as what you should do if that does happen. But Early Show Contributor Debbye Turner, who is also a veterinarian, has some advice.

Most of us don't really think about getting bitten or attacked by dogs in our daily lives, but it can happen a lot more often, and quicker, than you'd ever think. Part of the problem is that we are led to believe that there are certain types of dogs that are extremely aggressive and vicious (like pit bulls) when, in fact, some of the breeds that are more likely to bite are those you'd never think about, like poodles or terriers.

About 4.7 million people are bitten by dogs each year. One million of those need medical attention. About 750,000 children are bitten by dogs each year; in most cases, these bites are from "familiar dogs" -- not strays. Approximately 12 people die each year from dog bites

All dogs can be provoked to bite. There is really no such thing as a "bad breed." Most (if not all) dogs can be properly trained and socialized to be gentle and tolerant. Your dog should be trained to obey basic commands: sit, stay, come, and down. This alone could prevent many dog-biting incidents.

Potentially aggressive breeds:

Llasa Apso: can be cranky with kids

Toy poodles: bite out of self defense

Dachsunds: not very patient

Rhodesian Ridgebacks: very dominant breed

Miniature Pinschers: "big dog" mindset in little body

Pekinese: intolerant

Chihuahuas: prefer adults, not tolerant of kids

Chow Chow: one-person dogs, bite without warning

Giant Schnauzers: very dominant breed, will even challenge adults

Old English Sheep Dog: very protective of owner

Cocker Spaniel: very protective of owner

Rottweilers: very protective
Typically gentle breeds that have "bad boy" reputations:

German Shepherd: great with kids

Bulldog: gentle, playful

Rottweilers: can be gentle, affectionate

Great Danes: gentle, affectionate

Boxers: good with kids

Mastiffs-very docile
"Pit bull" is a bit of a misnomer. There really is no such breed. Generally, "pit bulls" are a cross between a "bulldog" breed and a terrier. They are also known as American Pit Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, and Staffordshire Bull Terriers. (obviously, if the breed has an official name, and is recognized by the AKC it is a breed. 'pit bull' is a type, but APBT, AmStaffs, and StaffyBulls, ARE BREEDS!)

Most "pit bulls" are not aggressive by nature. They tend to be gentle, playful and loving. However, there are those that have been bred and trained to be aggressive. Even then, they are more aggressive toward other animals, not people.

Often, aggressive "pit bulls" have been abused and/or neglected. These are VERY dangerous.

Ways To Provoke a Dog:

Try to take food or toy away from him. NEVER bother a dog while he is eating. The most common situation where a dog bite occurs is while a dog is eating.

Playing "tug of war" with a dog. Many dogs interpret this as aggression. If they "win," they feel empowered. If they feel threatened, they may try to retaliate.

"Surprising" a dog. (sneaking up on him or startling him while he is sleeping). Often, the dog's defense mechanism will kick in, and he will bite in self-defense.

"Rough housing" with or other sudden movements toward the dog's owner. Many dogs will see this as an attack on his owner, and will attack you to defend the owner.

Ignoring their warning! If a dogs barks ferociously or growls when you approach his territory, bed, etc. and you continue, that is an engraved invitation to get bitten. They are warning you that they don't like that and stop. Listen!

Inappropriate touching. Dogs generally don't like their ears, tail and feet tugged. Some don't like being inverted and rubbed on their belly. This is a position of submission and an aggressive dog will resist this "challenge" vigorously."

hope this helps some :(