Dogomania

Thread on a banning Pit bulls!!

Sharpeigirl

I'm a member of a country music website & there is curently a topic on banning Pit bulls! I've been following it, and some of the comments about Pits are insane!! Here's the thread:

[url]http://boards.countryweekly.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?s=50b519648ef8d27e6bf2a2013cc986d5;act=ST;f=17;t=25430[/url]

Feel free to join the message board & add your 2 cents!!

i can't even read that. it makes me so angry i want to smash the computer in....

the worst part is in the FACE of all the FACTS these people just blatantly ignore the truth... they never talk about the owners of the dogs who attack people. where WERE the owners? it's always the dog this the dog that...

*screams* :evil:

[quote name='sashagirl']I'll take your word for it... I don't think I can deal with that right now... :x[/quote]

Yeah its really bad when you have non-dog people talking about pits because they have no idea what theyre talking about and go purely on media. You can just imagine what theyve heard. "Vicious pit locks jaws on 2-year old girl and rabidly shakes like a rag doll" :roll: :evil:

[quote]Yeah its really bad when you have non-dog people talking about pits because they have no idea what theyre talking about and go purely on media.[/quote]

Grr.. Don't you just hate people like that!? Once on a news forum, a friend of mine who has worked with wolf/dog mixes for a long time posted on an article the newspaper had printed. The article was about this guy who rescues "wolves" (they are dogs and wolfdogs but he lies and says they are wolves). The guy in the article was talking about how "aggressive" wolves are, how "his 3 month old wolf puppy has already bitten and scratched him" and about how if a dog is 1% wolf that automatically makes it a wolf.. He even claimed to have adopted a wolf from this one rescue center called CKRR that actually DOESN"T adopt out its wolves (to add to that, he said that the wolf he adopted from the CKRR had been “running around killing stuff” when the CKRR had orinally rescued it, which was totally untrue).. Anyway, the reporter of course believed everything the guy said, wrote this big article on it, filled 99.9% with junk from the person he interviewed... My friend wrote this HUGE post explaining about the guy in it had lied, and about what a rat he is (BTW, to demonstrate to you all what a rat the guy really is, he is now breeding his "wolves" and selling the pups for money, although he calls it "adopting," as a way of collecting money to help fund the care of his "wolves", which he keeps in run down little kennels and in tiny fenced in areas with no exercise). ANYWAY, the people at the news forum posted back insulting my friend, telling her wolves/wolfdogs were all horrible, dangerous, unpredictable, etc. She and I tried to explain to them why all this stuff wasn't true and was just media gibberish, but they refused to listed, hey insulted, ranted, teased, and all in all didn't pay a shred of attention to anything intelligent we said. I doubt any of them even had ANY dog as a pet. We left. You just can't talk to people that close-minded. I assumed they were all adults, but they were acting SO immature, it was unbelievable that adults in this world could be that immature!

~Seij

[quote]I still say Pit Bulls should be banned.! I have had dogs all my life including German Shepherds. Great Danes and many others and they were all loveable to me and my family. [b]But let a stranger approach and they would growl,[/b] it is bred into them to protect and I think that Pit Bulls have been bred to be fighting dogs. All dogs worth their salt will attack if the owner or family member are threatened by strangers.
I love dogs and Pit Bulls can't help how they are trained but they should not live near families, especially with children around. They are dangerous. [/quote]

It's probably not the right thing to do to copy someones post from another forum and have a go about them, but I couldn't help myself with this one.

This person says pit bulls should be banned but then goes on to say that they have had dogs that growl at strangers - and they seem to see nothing wrong with that.

I bet most of the pittie owners here could attest that their dogs don't growl just because a stranger approaches.

WHAT A MORON!!

oh cmon.
you are not going to let a couple close minded ignorant people on a country music board stop you from owning this WONDERFUL breed are you?
and who cares what the people on the street think of your dog. or your friends or ANYBODY
YOU know your dog is awesome and YOU know your dog isn't a man eating vicous beast, and your dog loves you no matter what, so why does it matter what others think?

I will NEVER let ANYBODY stop me from owning the breed I choose to own.

I have been attacked by countless chihuahuas, poodles, shih tzus, dachsuns, etc. but ya don't see me wanting to ban them do ya?
People are just ignorant and you can't change that unforunately.
Educate those who want to listen, ignore those who won't listen cause it's just a waste of your time!

:B-fly:

[quote name='Malamum'][quote]I still say Pit Bulls should be banned.! I have had dogs all my life including German Shepherds. Great Danes and many others and they were all loveable to me and my family. [b]But let a stranger approach and they would growl,[/b] it is bred into them to protect and I think that Pit Bulls have been bred to be fighting dogs. All dogs worth their salt will attack if the owner or family member are threatened by strangers.
I love dogs and Pit Bulls can't help how they are trained but they should not live near families, especially with children around. They are dangerous. [/quote]

[/quote]

i find it extremely odd that the person who said this thinks it is okay for GSDs and danes to growl at strangers, and for 'any dog worth its salt' to attack humans, but it's not okay for pit bulls?.........

skewed POV anyone?

and i LOVE how they claim that pits can't help how they are trained and it's the owners' fault not the dogs', but they are SO DANGEROUS!

right.

oh, oh and they "THINK" pit bulls were bred for fighting! they can't even say for SURE what they know. who could take anything seriously from this person who OBVIOUSLY doesn't know what they're talking about...

and you're right AAP, i'd never let some idiot's ignorant opinion change my mind about these dogs.

[quote]I still say Pit Bulls should be banned.! I have had dogs all my life including German Shepherds. Great Danes and many others and they were all loveable to me and my family. But let a stranger approach and they would growl, it is bred into them to protect and I think that Pit Bulls have been bred to be fighting dogs. All dogs worth their salt will attack if the owner or family member are threatened by strangers.
I love dogs and Pit Bulls can't help how they are trained but they should not live near families, especially with children around. They are dangerous.[/quote]

Wow I might have to check out how stupid people are, they get less and less intellegent everyday, so much for evolution. I also find this quote completly odd. Okay, its fine and even good for a dog to growl at a stranger and a dog worth its salt will attack and protect its families. While pits who are dog aggressive are so dangerous? Any who are trained bad can't help that, yet they are dangerous in general? Forget the closed minded jerks and media morons we all know they are full of BS, but how can some one make such an utterly confusing and non-sense filled statement???? Its just deeply puzzles me!

[quote name='sashagirl']I am starting to think that I may never own a pit again... How sad is that. :( The thing I love most in the world... I just don't know how much longer I can handle this... I am feeling so defeated...[/quote]

Don't give up on your breed of choice Sasha, and don't let idiots rule your world.. You've gotta stand up & fight them, not let them push you around..

[quote name='Dog Lover'][quote name='Horsefeathers!'][quote]Certain breeds of dogs are aggessive by nature and should be behind fences at all times and on leashes and even muzzled when they are taken for a walk.Dobermans, Rottweillers.Pit Bulls, Chows and German Shepherds to name a few.
[/quote]

:o[/quote]

I think certain PEOPLE are aggressive by nature and should be kept behind fences or on a leash at all times or better yet...MUZZLED! :evilbat:[/quote]

So true DL!! So true :evilbat:

For crying out loud, someone ask that wingnut what s/he thinks about genocide. If attacked by ONE black person, do they believe the entire race should be annihilated? There are "statistics" out there that say that blacks and hispanics in general are inherently violent. Do we wipe out entire races because of someone's skewed statistics? This person is going on about how you can post all the pro-pit articles you want, but by golly, they believe the mainstream press would never deceive them and if the mainstream press says pits are dangerous, well, then it must be so! :roll:

This person who is going on about "post all you want, but I think pit bulls are vicious because one attacked a kid I know" is scary. I see s/he likes to signal the end of a debate by clamping his/her hands firmly over his/her ears and refusing to hear opposing points of view.
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0ZQBhG3kfaEcn5YnL00k!DWMkMJdh4FzliTKiKRvBvIMg5WjmFG!gXwWfO3q536t5JSsFh3bb7EBhDKWqIPqXzXaOaILgFvw64r*wLsyAy34Fb0fn7IKUq45eOQlWUywUMZPcCkAyz7SjHNCo4h!DoQ/la%20la%20la%20la.gif?dc=4675382217526523049[/img]

Ah, yer wingnut locked the topic. I am pretty sure it would have been allowed to continue on had the consensus continued to be "pit bulls... boo! hiss!"

[quote]This started out as a discussion on whether or not pit bulls should be banned. It turned into a free-for-all posting frenzy of newspaper articles. I am closing it since it is apparent this issue cannot be discussed without one side attacking another.
[/quote]
Uh huh... that was only after S/HE posted the last article in the "free-for-all posting frenzy of newspaper articles." :roll: