Dogomania

question for breeders

Baileysmom

hi- I posted in "in a day" about my fosters - and I am hoping some of you with experience can help me. I am fostering a med size "terrier mix" and app 1-2 mo old puppies (6 of them) I am wondering what the easiest/best way of keeping them contained and mess to a minimum - I have an xlg crate they slept in last night, but it and they were a big poopy mess this morning..... I also have a app 4-5 ft square wire/wood pen I could bring in. would those weewee pads help them to go in one specific place or should i be trying to house train them? (and if so- how with 6?)
Ive never done this before with so many - and I am happy to be able to give them a warm comfortable home instead of the humane society until they are old enough to be adopted, but I want to find the best way to do it so we retain most of our sanity :roll: and are able to have as much fun as we can as opposed to constantly cleaning up :wink:
thanks so much for any suggestions!!

Guest Anonymous

just my opinion but i'd bring int he wire pen that you have and just put wee pads over the whole bottom until they are alittle older and can grasp the whole potty thing.. ;)
good luck!

Thanks Naomi - I was goign to do that ( I put them in the pen when they go outside to go potty - they do decent with knowing to go outside, but theres still some accidents) but now they know how to get out of that pen! - the bottom half is small holes in the wire, but they get bigger after that and can crawl through! :roll: I started thinking I could "get by" with what Im doing, but now it sounds like Ill have them for a few weeks atleast, so Im thinking of making some sort of pen out of plywood maybe? and put in my laundry room..? (its big for a laundry room, but it also serves as my place to store all my props and gear for my sessions, and the general "catch all" for the kids :evil: so I need to do some cleaning and organizing!