Dogomania

A new challenge

imported_Kat

The dog school that I discovered last year has asked me back to train competitive Obedience and agility. Not only is this great news but yesterday when I was there getting my fix of being around dogs, the owner of the school asked me if i would work with one of their Border collies.

Ceilidh (pronounced kaley) is coming up on 5 years old and is such a handful of neurotic wanting to do a course at 100 miles per hour of a dog! A total difference to Meg who only needs to hear a whisper of a command and she does it before I've finished the command! Ceilidh however is a very strong bitch who wants to work but is overly enthusiastic and needs all that energy chanelled into control.

I started working yesterday with her and to start with she was pulling and barking and saying sod you i will do it my own way! At the end of doing a little one on one obedience with her she was doing nice heelwork and was listening. These people say that if I can get her to the standard of competition then I can compete with her! She is such a different dog to what I am used to and i shouldn't compare but hey I need a challenge right now and I am going to really work with her and try to get her to a good standard.

This is a pic of her from the dogschool website and i will try get some pics next when I go see her.

[img]http://home.wanadoo.nl/quiraing/Ceilidh_mei_2000.JPG[/img]

[img]http://home.wanadoo.nl/quiraing/showutrecht4.jpg[/img]