Dogomania

Been gone a while but looking for help

3ofakind

Man you guys have gotten touchy. :o

I am looking for alternatives but ones that cost too much, wont be implement etc etc dont do me any good. You're discussion is good and important but I am trying to siphon through pages of emails and find the information relevant to me.

I thought staying on topic or taking it elsewhere was common curtosy.

So how long do I have to be back to get into the good click and not get chastised for every comment?

[quote name='K']You have to take the rod out of your a** and remember what this place is all about...we did not get touchy...you did!! :o

I think most threads end up as something completely different and no one seems to mind...we all like to have a laugh and a joke..and we do so at every opportunity...we are all good friends here and we find ourselves able to make each other laugh becuse we know each other so well...and I wouldnt have it any other way ...sometimes when you step away from that and go to more...err...serious boards...you lose what Dogo is all about..and thats a shame...but everyone has a choice...you can come here for a laugh..or you can go elsewhere...the family feel of this place will never be lost and thats what counts!![/quote]

K I really mean you no disrespect. In fact I have great respect for you. At one time I thought we had a fairly decent relationship.

I didn't go to another board, I simply have been quite busy with little time for any internet activity. The one other board I did mention is a very small community of very close friends.

As far as the family feel, I think that if you are part of the good click this is true but if you're not well its just not so friendly. I made two posts in an hour and have somehow managed to become quite a controversy. Because I am no longer a part of the family and now an outsider I am not getting the same curtosy I once did.

I am really surprised to see how much people and the board have changed in the last 6 months. Somehow it has become more important to be right than anything else, but thats just me looking in so I must be wrong.

lets all step back and chill out a minute. 3, I dont think any disrespect was meant to you or anyone else. The thread started out as a question about BSL. Most of us think that's a bad thing. You are entitled to disagree, as everyone else is. I dont think the discussion as it ended up was a deliberate attempt to hijack your thread, like I said, it just kinda evolved that way. Now, its hard to tell with the typed word, but it does appear that your toned changed and that we were being chastised. If that is incorrect please tell us.

remember also that some of these subjects work some people up. Some of us feel very strongly about alot of these things. The board policy is that we are allowed to disagree, even vehemently, but we are not allowed to personally attack one another. I have reread the entire thread, and I dont see that you (or anyone else) was attacked in any way. A number of us disagreed, but not even in a bad way....not like some other places I've been.

So please tell me why you think we are a "click" and you are unwelcome....

If I made you feel that way, then I apologize. It was never intended.

As K said, this board is more like a family than a serious discussion. We try to lighten one another up as often as possible. I think that's wonderful.
If you were looking for serious help, like the links that were posted, just ask. Someone will always try to help.

Please dont feel angry that some of us sidetracked your thread. It wasnt a deliberate attempt, it just happens.

Katy

I wasn't angry in any way, but I have felt seriously attacked since I got here (not so much this thread but the other).

It wasn't the BSL talk that was distracting but Desertlady's talk about the dog local to her.

I think I am just gonna shut my freaking mouth. I dont know what I did to set everyone off but I sure did * [i]shrugs[/i]*

I APOLOGIZED for that ... not only for hijacking the thread but also for being prejudiced against the local dog... I was wrong about that, I am learning something here. Sorry I took up your thread to do that ...

But in a way it was related. I just want to make sure we aren't just saying here "Oh s*** another kid got himself killed, now I have to suffer more breed prejudice, poor me!"

And as of now, I DONT think that is what is being said here, but it took reading alot of past posts in the meantime to satisfy myself of this.

[quote] Because I am no longer a part of the family and now an outsider I am not getting the same curtosy I once did. [/quote]

People were being curtious and welcoming until there was a perception that you started getting snarky with folks. [size=2] Maybe you should stop pointing fingers and blaming us for being clicky and take a look at your own posts.[/size]

Maybe we should all stop and start fresh?

What's a click? Something you do with your fingers when they're not committing a capital crime?

:drinking:

There is no clique that you speak of. I will have words with anyone I perceive to have acted in a manner inconsistent with the objectives of this board; whether they have been here for days or years is irrelevant. Speaking for myself, I treat people equally. I know the other mods do as well.

K, my spies tell me that the longest, most painfully drawn-out death occurs when one is forced into a windowless chamber and made to listen to Vogon poetry and/or David Hasselhoff CDs. :P

Oh freddled gruntbuggly,
Thy micturations are to me
As plurdled gabbleblotchits
On a lurgid bee.
Groop, I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes
And hooptiously drangle me
with crinkly bindlewurdles,
Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon
See if I don't.

Did I do good ........did I ? :D