Dogomania

grrrrr irresponsible owners!

imported_Kat

grrrrrr I just have to rant. I'm back in N.Ireland for a few days and had Meg down at the park today. Meg hasn't forgotton me! She mauled me with puppy whimpers and puppy hugs and kisses and wouldn't take her eye of me at all when we walked to the park :D . Anyhow down at the park I did a little training and we were on our way out when a black lab bitch came bounding up to Meg barking and snarling and showing dominant aggression towards me. I downed Meg just on instinct and stood over in front of her.

This bitch was seriously lunging and meant business and there was no one else in the park so I was using my fleece in front of me to defend myself which she was nipping at. Her owner comes strolling into park and I yell "call your dog" to which she replied "shes only playing". Some ruddy play! Every time I went to move the bitch was marking me. I yelled to the woman to put her dog on a lead and she gave me a barrage of bad language effing this that and the whole fricking lot! :o

I lost it at this stage and told her that her dog was aggressive and should be on a lead before it mauls a kid or other dog and told her that it was people like her that gave us good dog owners a bad name. She was effing and blinding and grrrrr people like that are just so frecking irresponsible! Surely they can see for the good of their dog that it should be kept on a lead if it shows aggression? I just have to wonder at people... :roll:

now Kat, dont get upset please, but I am going to harangue you for not reporting it. You should have gone straight to the police, and whatever kind of AC you have, and filed a complaint. that's not just an aggravation, a dog pooing on your lawn or whatever, that's a dog who, if the owner is not taken to task, WILL do exactly everythng you told the owner it would do. And a child could become very frightened by being lunged at like that, and try to run. You kow what happens then....turn the cow in please....

8)

That is aweful! I've had similar experiences. One where the owner of the dog said the dog wouldn't bite. It was following me and growling at me. I had to stop in hopes that it wouldn't bite, then the dog was smelling me and growled. The owner kept saying the dog wouldn't bite, everytime I attempted to move it wanted to bite me and when the owner got close everytime he attempted to pick the dog up it tried to turn around and bite him. This is a dog that "wouldn't bite" "He's not going to hurt you". At least he was trying to get the dog back under control, but saying its not going to bite is flat out lying.

There was also the time I was confronted by an aggressive Australian Cattle Dog, the owners NEVER tie him up. They believe the dog should roam. They tie out the female, she's broke free and even come up here, but she's very sweet and submissive. The male is out of control, they just open the door and let him out and he wonders all over. The only thing that probably saved me, was I stood so and didn't look at him as he growled, barked, and lunged around me and then another dog behind a shed began barking and he ran off that way. My heart was pounding, it makes me so mad. The dog has bit a couple people already. The dog even lunges and jumps on parked cars when people are in them. Complaints have been made but the AC does nothing and when he comes out to check (he never comes right away) the dog is always back inside the home. He says you have to have "proof" the dog was running free, the dog is mean, ect. The police car abosolutly nothing they will file complaints but won't do anything, its not their concern and they don't think its important enough to waste time on.