Dogomania

Therapy Dog

True_Pits

I don't have much time as I'm about to leave, so I'll make it quick. If anyone would be so kind as to post info about Therapy Dogs I would really appreciate it. I have a dog which I'm thinking about doing therapy dog work with in the local nursing home. Many of the elder people dont get much attention, not even from family members and many also love animals. How to get involved? Certification? Permission? Ect anything that would help me.

• 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...

[quote name='dachsfilm']This is a noble undertaking and thank you on behalf of my father who was always a cheerier soul the day the therapy dogs would visit his nursing home!:smile:[/quote]

Yeah i can totally get this because my grandad was in a retirement home and i know that he didn't get any visiters apart from either me and my dad until the started to take dogs in their that were used to make the residents feel a little bit better and to make them cheery.

He lived out his last few months in peace and was very happy in the retirement home which is always a real bonus!!

• 13 years later...