Dogomania

Bed Hog

True_Pits

Anyone else have one of these. My house Pit thinks she needs to sleep right by me or even on me, despite having a whole entire bed to sleep on! When my other house dog was still alive she had her own doggie bed (my current one did too), anyway they would sleep on one bed together and my Pit would sleep on top the other dog or curled up really close by her. She has nearly pushed me out of the bed before, or layed right in front of my face on my pillow as well as laying on my back the rare occasion I sleep on my stomach (which is really painful when you wake up). I love her but she's one big, bed hog.

I used to have a bed hog he was a lab mix who has since passed away. Poor guy had the worst combination. His neck was so big and his head was so small that no matter how tight you made his collar it would always come off his head. :lol: Anyway he was a strong guy and he would try his hardest to slowly push me off the bed. He would use his legs to actually push my body and when I would move over he would once again come closer and push my body until I had very little space left. :lol:

The dog I have now who sleeps in my bed is a smarty. He has slept with me since he was a pup and what I always did was I would pick him up and say I need to turn over and put him on the other side of me. Eventually whenever I said I need to turn over he just got up and went to the other side of me. None of my others dogs will do that they could care less what I need. :lol:

7 great danes.... :o Wow that would be a very tight fit indeed.

[quote]Indicating you have others that remain outside all the time?[/quote]
Ah not sure, none of my dogs stay outside all the time. However the outside dogs live outside the house pit lives inside, but she's not inside all the time either.

were the outside dogs raised outside? The reason I ask is that, before I got my foxhound, I would never have left a dog stay outside all day. But she was raised outside, in a kennel with a pack (retired hunter) and doesnt WANT to be inside. At night both dogs come in and stay in. when I'm not home both dogs are in, unless my son is here and he lets them out. But she doesnt want to be inside. When she comes in, she wants to eat. If its not eating time, she wants straight back out, and if you make her come in she harrasses you til you let her out again. I dont have doghouses or kennels, but I do have a huge fenced yard, and she seems much happier out there. The lab will stay out with her, something she would never do before. didnt like to be alone I guess....there is shade under a huge blue spruce pine tree, and water is always available. she just started this this summer. she doesnt like winter, so it wont be an issue, but now while its nice out she does not want to come in.