Dogomania

A good dog attack

ferky1

[url]http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/news/local/9467779.htm[/url]

Dog stops Columbia carjacking

Associated Press

COLUMBIA, S.C. - A dog took a bite out of crime to stop a would-be carjacker Thursday night, police say.

The 3-year-old Rottweiler-Doberman pinscher mix named Diablo bit the suspect after he opened the passenger door of a car stopped at a stoplight and grabbed the driver by the neck.

The woman, who asked The (Columbia) State not to identify her, said she had to pry the dog's jaws open to get him to let go.

The dog lost its four bottom teeth in the incident, but the woman said a veterinarian told her those were the dog's puppy teeth.

The carjacker has not been caught, Richland County sheriff's spokesman Joseph Pellicci said.

A couple thoughts here, first, you want to bet that some breed-hating idiots are going to use this as ammo for saying that rots and dobs are dangerous? Also, I predict that the car-jacker/dog bite victim, if caught, will find some scumbag lawyer (I am a lawyer and fully acknowledge that there are some scumbags out there) to sue 1) the dog owner, 2) the township for allowing that type of breed, 3) the car manufacturer for not protecting car-jackers from dogs in the passenger seat 4) the dogs' breeders and 5) anyone else he can think of because God knows this couldn't be his fault :roll:

One question though: The dog lost four teeth. That's some tough biting!! But a 3 year-old with baby teeth? Does that sound right?

Vicious dog! Put it down!!! -Just kidding- But on a serious note you're likley right about the car-jacker suing. God forbid that in these days someone should jump into your car or sneak into your house at 3 a.m. through a window and get mauled.

Also that does sound strange about the dog losing teeth (possibly the car-jacker retaliating?), and a three year old dog with puppy teeth. It seems that once again there is probably a misconstruction of facts.

Had to pry him off?? Why?? Just wait for the police to get there first. OK just kidding, they probably would have shot the dog to free the creap!
Way to go doggy!! He should get an award. If it was a "nice" breed I'm sure he would have.
The puppy teeth at 3 sounds a little odd to me. Hope that man was in pain that day, maybe next time the idiot will at least look first and not try to carjack someone with a dog - stupid!

If the police and the newspapers are decent, since she asked to not have her name revealed, he may not be able to sue cause he doesnt know who she is. I dont know what the legal responsibility is for something like that. since he attacked here in her own car, are they required to give out her name and personal information? since she committed no crime?

while I would like to see the dog get an award, if it were me I'd rather not let it be a big news item....

I'd check with the police on that Majies. Reason being, they used to say here that if you had dogs (especially large ones) that you needed to have a "Beware Of Dog" sign on your fence so people wouldnt enter your yard. Also on the front door. Now I am reading that's not a good idea, that you are basically "advertising" that you have a "dangerous dog".....

it seems like the decent people just cant win anymore....the "scumbag" lawyers that Ferky1 refers to seem to want to make decency and self protection against criminals a crime.....My best friend is a lawyer, and she says the same thing....

:evil:

Its a protective and defensive reaction and the dog can't be blamed for it. I sincerely hope that the thief doesn't get anything for damages, but so often these cases go that way. A GSD x in the borders of Ireland bit a burglar on farmland and the dog was euthanased... the guy got thousands for damage to his leg and arm :evil: