Dogomania

Submissive P'r

Net_Kitten

Please someone give me some advice how to stop this, Im about to lose my mind with this dog!
My doberman who is 1 1/2 yrs old has done this from day one.

I just steam cleaned my carpet AGAIN and company came over, she started running through the house, a line of pee about 10 feet long :cry: I cant take this anymore. Someone before suggested playing tug of war and things like that trying to build her confidence..it hasnt helped at all, shes still doing it.

Any advice? Im really at my wits end here with this dog!

I am assuming you have had a complete physical done on this pup including a full blood panel, urinalysis etc.
If it is submissive urination there is not much you can do. Do not scold the pup, just carry on. Alot of pups grow out of this behavior, some don't. They do not realize what they are doing, and in their language this is the ultimate sign of respect for the owner, glad we humans arent like that as it would suck to be a boss and have employee's peeing all over your shoes.

I would make another appointment with the vet just to have another urninalysis done and have the vet palpilate the bladder.

Is she spayed? If it just occurs when you have people over to your house, I would be inclined to place her in a cage where she can see the company but she will be reluctant likely to mess her own bed. You can build on moving her from the cage and building up her self-confidence and self-respect. Without seeing her body language it is hard to tell, but I am assuming that this is a submissive gesture on her behalf.

We had this problem with our new foster pup and I know how bad you can feel when you just get down steam cleaning and then here it goes again.
Is the dog crated at all? Pru always peed a little when we came home or whenever we took her anywhere and anyone came up to her.
So when we came home we would leave her in the crate for about 5 minutes, helped stop her from being over excited all at once - us coming home and being let out of the crate at the same time. At least that way too if she does piddle a little it would be on the towel in her crate and not on my carpet - much easier to throw the towel in the washer!

Also, we take her all kinds of new places as much as we can and let people come up and pet her. She used to pee as soon as someone came near here and now she doesn't. We also started her in class where she is learning more obidence and working on Agility which is great for building confidence. Since we started that class with Agility and have been taking her to playtime also at our trainers she has barely peed at all - submissively anyway! Agility is a great confidence builder.

Well, that's all I have for ya! Good luck!