Dogomania

GRRRR and thank dog at the same time..

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

GRRRRR This dog drives me insane sometimes! I had put them out in the dog run so that they could pee and play while i had my freind over , well about 40 mins later she was leaving, we opend the front door and walked out and Zoey came running twords us from down the road OMG!!!! She pushed the chicken fence out of the bottom of the cage and was fre in the backyard, but decided to dig a hoel OUT of the yard and had a free little romparound the area. I'm freaked out, 1 thank god she's a wellbehaved dog, 2, thank god someone didnt' call the MP's and have her picked up and 3 thank god she's fixed..
i dont know what to do now beside tie her up whiel she's in the dog run and that doesn't seem fair... and with my job it's not like i can be out there every second whiel they go potty, they normally spend about 2 hours a day just chasing each other and wrestling out there.. ( over a period of time not 2 straight hours )
grrr....

I don't know what your lay out is like but this is just a thought if the chicken wire she went through is the side of the run and she sqeezed out on the ground - get some QuickCrete from Lowe's or a Home Depot or such. It's pretty darn cheap and you can mix it and take a showvel or something a dig a trench along the side of the run, poor in the concrete and push the chicken wire into it so it's not loose.

If the chicken wire is on top - I know some dogs climb up and push it open so I thought I'd share this idea too. Get slip ties. Basically big trash ties - the plastic kind not the twisty kind. Pretty cheap too. YOu can attach the chicken wire to the top of the kennel walls so she can't get out that way.

Like I said I don't know how your set up is so these are just thoughts, hope it helps!

Oh, if you do tie her out until you get the fence fixed make sure she is no where near the other one. Some people think of these things and others don't so I thought I'd share that too. Once we had a GSD and a Husky/GSD mix and a big 20X20 fence for them when we were not home. Well, they dug a huge hole out of the bottom. This was on like a Wednesday. My husband at that time worked in concrete and knew they had a job that Sat and would have enough extra concrete to pour a slab under that fence so we put them on leads in the fence for the rest of the week where they could not reach each other. While we were at work the little girl, about 12 or 13, next door came over and decided they needed to be closer so she moved their leads so they were side by side. We came home to our Husky mix dead with the GSD's lead wrapped around his neck. So sad! Just thought I would share our sad story.
Good luck with your fence!

[quote name='piperstubbys']Oh, if you do tie her out until you get the fence fixed make sure she is no where near the other one. Some people think of these things and others don't so I thought I'd share that too. Once we had a GSD and a Husky/GSD mix and a big 20X20 fence for them when we were not home. Well, they dug a huge hole out of the bottom. This was on like a Wednesday. My husband at that time worked in concrete and knew they had a job that Sat and would have enough extra concrete to pour a slab under that fence so we put them on leads in the fence for the rest of the week where they could not reach each other. While we were at work the little girl, about 12 or 13, next door came over and decided they needed to be closer so she moved their leads so they were side by side. We came home to our Husky mix dead with the GSD's lead wrapped around his neck. So sad! Just thought I would share our sad story.
Good luck with your fence![/quote]

OMG that is so sad! *hugs* What was that girl thinking? *hugs* Did both of them go to the bridge? *hugs* Oh my goodnes.... *hugs*