Dogomania

white boxer woes

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

[size=6][color=indigo]Hello everyone I have a few questions. First off I would like to say we have a house full of boxers. Our oldest is Mugsy she is a four year old fawn with a black mask and white markings. Our second eldest is Mook he is a VERY flashy fawn 1yr old with white markings aswell. The newest addition to our family is Meeka, she is 15 weeks old and is solid white with a brindle patch over her right eye. My wife and I love our all of our dogs very much. The problem is we would like to breed Mook and Meeka someday. The question is will we do the breed an injustice by breeding the white female? [/color][/size]

Guest Anonymous

Is she deaf?? I know that in Boxers also, if they are mostly white they can have a chance of being deaf.. I would Definatly get her hearing tested... ASAP

Responsible breeding means that you are breeding for the betterment of the breed. This should ideally include some sort of standard your Boxer colleagues have agreed on collectively. Whether it is US, German, FCI etc. If white is a fault, then yes, I'd say you would be compromising ethics to breed a white dog.

Guest Anonymous

What they said.

What registery are your dogs registered with? I know in AKC White is a MAJOR fault!

Are you prepared to keep all deaf puppies? Or even just the puppies that aren't sold.

Are you going to have their hips, elbows, eyes checked?

What titles are you willing to at least try to get on them?

I'm sure someoen else will give you the complete list of what it takes to be a responsible breeder.

[quote]The question is will we do the breed an injustice by breeding the white female? [/quote]

This is not the question you should be asking. You should be asking yourself why you want to breed these dogs. If the answer is, "Because we love our dogs and they are so wonderful that we want to produce more like them." then you need to run straight to the vet and have them all fixed right away.

You are considering breeding 2 dogs who are no doubt wonderful pets but are probably no more wonderful than hundreds of dogs sitting in shelters waiting to die.

Please don't breed your dogs. If you really want more puppies running around, offer to foster for your local rescue group. You can have the pleasure of bringing up puppies and giving them away to wonderful homes.