Dogomania

Dry eyes?

dogsgalore

Has anyone had a dog that has dry eyes? I need to know what they look like because I suspect Jesse may have that condition. He sometimes has gunk collected on his eye, like gooey tears. I doesn't seem to bother him but I'm worried. I looked up "dry eyes" and it seems it is common in Westies but I'm not positive that's what this is. It only seems to occur when he has a piece of hair in his eye. It is only his right eye. Does anyone have a picture of what dry eyes look like? Or info, first-hand experience? Thanks.

Mocha would always collect those around her eyes. I called them eye-boogers :lol: and they were because of her allergies. A breeder of Springers who we talked to had a dog who had "Dry eye" and they would just have to put drops in the eye everyday, becuase the tear duct didnt function right. Doesnt really sound like Dry eye, but hey, I'm not a vet...

I read the article Matty posted and I remembered that the breeder lady I talked about before said that when you do the surgery that when you put food infront of themt thier eye starts to water because the saliva gland is drooling! Sorry, long run on sentence there.... :D