Dogomania

Animal Abuse?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I just learned the most disturbing thing...

There is this so called breeder - of mainly Yorkies - who still has a puppy that hasn't been sold. I asked why the dog hadn't been sold and they said, 'doesn't know how to walk on a leash'. I was like... okay, big deal - you teach them. And they said, 'the dog has never left the cage'. I was like... okay, let's take him out. He's a puppy, it's about time right? And they said, 'the dog is one year old'. I suffered a mild heart attack and then said, 'are you people fu*c*ng nuts?' This poor dog has been in a cage his entire lift so far. In one year, this little angel hasn't been walked outside, has never played with other dogs, has been STUCK IN A CAGE!!!!

Isnt' that animal abuse?????

To us that is certainly abuse but I'm pretty sure there is nothing you can really do about it if the owner provides food and water to the dog. (I think thats how the law goes in my neck of the woods anyway.)
Maybe you or someone you know could buy the poor soul and adopt him out to a loving family that will spoil him like you're suppose to and try to make up for that rough start. :cry:

[quote name='MajiesMom']To us that is certainly abuse but I'm pretty sure there is nothing you can really do about it if the owner provides food and water to the dog. (I think thats how the law goes in my neck of the woods anyway.)
[/quote]

I will have to agree on this. As long as the dog has food, water, and a clean living space, it isn't considered abuse, unless the local law specifically states that dogs must have XXX amount of room, and this dog's cage space was less that specified amount. One dog I was reading about yesterday had been kept on a chain on the back porch for seven entire years. Unless the dog was deprived of food or water though, this treatment was not considered abuse according to local law.

~Seij

Letting people know about this kind of treatment is a big step. Do what you can in your area to let folks know. I realize it may not sound like pet abuse....but our previous home (in alabama) we were looking to purchase a chihuahua puppy for my mother from some local breeders. They sold at a flea market, and the dogs looked healthy. They also sold from the pet store they ran, but privately since it's illegal to sell dogs from pet stores there. They looked happy, but I had a nagging feeling and contacted the local SPCA.

I was simply one more person to turn them in, and shortly after they raided the peoples store.

They found over 60 dogs, most of them sick and half starved. They were WAY beyond puppy millers--they were killing these dogs through neglect.

If you think abuse is occuring, don't hesitate to contact the SPCA and inquire. It's possible a lot of other people have turned them in as well, and your call may just be the one that makes a difference.

Guest Anonymous

Today I went over the place and asked them to give me the dog. They wanted me to pay $350 and I said I would do no such thing. They refused to give me the dog so of course I mentioned the issue of animal abuse and I treatend to report them. Would you believe they just handed me the dog?

I guess I'll be fostering him for the moment till I find him a good home :)
I just have to make sure I don't fall in love with home. I'll end up keeping him like I did Pluto :)

Poor little angel has blisters under his paws :( At least he's with me now :)

What great news you managed to get that poor little dog out of his living hell.
I would still report them, obviously they know they have committed abuse, otherwise why would they be so worried? I have no idea how animal cruelty charges work where you live but at least now you have proof they pretty much knew what they were doing to that poor dog was neglectful. :evil: You may want to take photos of how he looks now to back your story up, too.
Congratulations though! :angel:

Hey where are you? A friend here at work is thinking about getting another dog finally, their Cocker past away last year and he really really wants a Yorkie ?? Got another guy here that also wants a dog, not specific on the breed but he wants something small. Just wondering if we were possibly close enough to help out with this poor baby!
Can not believe someone would do that to a poor little pup, what's the point?
There is a cat that I sit for that has a messed up ear, some kind of birth defect, so instead of giving the cat up they kept it in a crate in the garage for 2 years! This guy was visiting someone there I think, or maybe his son was, and talked them into giving him the poor kitty. Such a sweet little white fluff ball!