Dogomania

left hind leg balding

Hey all,

I have a 8 month old lab that has a balding patch on his upper hind leg that develop about 2 weeks ago. It has not gone away and now he is sometimes jerking off that leg real fast but it only has happend recently. I and taking him to the vet in a couple of days. I give been giving him advantix for 6 months now and it has worked great keeping off feas and ticks so I do think that is it. I cannot see any rash on him either. Has anyone ever seen this problem?

If its a hot spot it will be oozy looking (most times :wink: ) unless it has already started to dry up and get crusty.
I try to dry them up by applying gold bond powder and shaving the area around the hot spot in order for it to heal.
I have also heard of people using colestrum and applying it directly to the hot spot to heal it.
When you have skin problems like hot spots its usually a good indication some thing is wrong on the inside of your dog. Check for food intolerances, allergies, fleas.
You could probably shampoo your dog with a :wink: :lol: