Dogomania

How dare she.

Shannon_C

[color=darkred]We took Charlie to the vets due to an ear infection......i went to the reception while Richard waited in the car with Emma and Charlie, ''has he does'nt sit still if people are in there with there dogs. I noticed a middle aged couple with a Bulldog, they were the only one's waiting so i went to the car to get Emma and to tell Richard it was ok to come in! While we were sitting waiting, the woman with the Bulldog was giving Charlie dirty looks while talking to her husband.......she dared to look at me because she would have had a :agrue: ........you could see what she was saying .......oh look at those people with that big dog around a baby :evil: :evil: Oh he looks so evil that he goes up to Emma and gives her a big kiss. :o Others that came in took at lot of interest in Charlie......they could see that he hadn't got an ounce of aggression in him.......he was jumping around wagging his tail wanting to play and they could see that.
I kept thinking and staring at the owner of this Bulldog and thought if you actually think that our dog is dangerous, you should look at your breed......and see that the Bullmastiff originated from the Bulldog :evil:
When it was there turn to see the vet, she was hoping it would have been the other room over the otherside so they wouldn't have to walk past us!!
How petty :evilbat:

xxx[/color]

Speaking of being at the vets, I tend to annoy 'some' people as I do NOT let my dog visit their dog while there. Er, we are at the VETS office, some animals are brought in for routine stuff, but some are brought in because they are sick or have a skin condition etc etc. I bet some think I am stuck up while some think it is because my dogs have nasty tempers, nope, just the owner has one of those! 8)

I know just how you feel. At work I have to constantly defend my Pittie to my boss, who has an English Bulldog. He always mentions it when there is something on the news anywhere about a Pit Bull attacking and hates it when I analize the situation. But his last English Bulldog (dropped dead in their back yard, still no clue what happened to him, very sad!) tried to bite my daughter once, of course he will never mention this, but is dead set that my pittie is going to turn on me!

We are trying to have another baby, already have a 10 year old daughter, and he says that our dogs will have to be outside dogs if we have a baby ??? Why?? I asked?? He has his english pup inside with his 2 daughters who are about 2 and 3. He says his oldest is terrified of the dog and screams and crys whenever the dog moves. ?? And what does that have to do with me?? Umm, not a thing. Sounds like he has problems of is own to deal with!

Sorry, turned into a vent!

It's funny at our vets office, Piper lived there for 5 weeks before we got her so everyone knows her and loves her, so people will give her ugly looks in the vets waiting room and then everyone peeks over the counter and then comes around to make sure they get their visit time in with Piper whenever we are there and the other people don't get quite so much attention and then they look like their feelings are hurt - oh well, don't give ugly looks to my pupper!

[quote] I know just how you feel. At work I have to constantly defend my Pittie to my boss, who has an English Bulldog. He always mentions it when there is something on the news anywhere about a Pit Bull attacking and hates it when I analize the situation. But his last English Bulldog (dropped dead in their back yard, still no clue what happened to him, very sad!) tried to bite my daughter once, of course he will never mention this, but is dead set that my pittie is going to turn on me![/quote]
[color=darkred]No some people won't say a word when it,s there dog whose to blame for turning on someone, but its them who made the dog like that in the first place.[/color]

[quote]We are trying to have another baby, already have a 10 year old daughter, and he says that our dogs will have to be outside dogs if we have a baby ??? Why?? I asked?? He has his english pup inside with his 2 daughters who are about 2 and 3. He says his oldest is terrified of the dog and screams and crys whenever the dog moves. ?? And what does that have to do with me?? Umm, not a thing. Sounds like he has problems of is own to deal with!
[/quote]
[color=darkred]Dogs can be great with children has long as they are bought up properly with them and like you say, what has it got to do with him.
My Bullmastiff is the youngest and he adores my daughter Emma who is 5 months,......that say's it all the way he gave her a big kiss in front of everyone in the vets.

xxxx[/color]

Totally agree with raises the dogs with children. I would hate for any child of mine to grow up and not know the joy of having a pet at least. My daughter was raised with our GSD (rest his little sole) and he was so great with her. When she was learning to sit up I couldn't keep him away from her, she would tumble over and he would run to her to push her back up with his big head and then lay behind her so she wouldn't fall again. In the car he would not move his head from her lap, even when she was teething and tried chewing on his ears! He slept under her crib and was so great. He knew when to be gentle. I miss him so much! I hope I am able to have another baby and I think Piper will be great with the baby too! Not my fault that the boss's kids are terrified of his dog! He's really young and jumping and nippie and hasn't had any training, what do you expect.

When I just had Taurus at the vet, I ran into a similar situation. A lady was there with her boxer. They were in the room with the vet when we first got there, and to get out of the room, they had to walk in front of us. She came out of the room, looked at us, and said "_____(her sons name), come this way, as she grabs his hand, we don't go near dogs like that! :evil: made me sooooo mad!!
The little boy just kept staring at us, and giving us dirty looks (its amazing how even jedgement from children still hurts your feelings...) while in the meantime their boxer was totally out of control... While her son was glaring right at us... I made Taurus: sit, down, props, gimme a kiss.... :o her sons eyes went big, and he says to his mom... look at that dog, he listens real well!!!" We should teach_____ to listen like that!! lol

:evilbat: stupid people!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

from the mouths of babes......leave it to children to point out any little discrepancy they can find.....I bet that just ticked her off more. heres you with the big bad "nasty" dog, who is perfectly controlled, and heres her
with an out of control dog making commentary about yours. Bet that embarassed her just a WEE bit....

:evilbat: :evilbat: