Dogomania

dog licking carpet, blankets and pillows

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

My dog has this wierd fettish, she likes to lick the carpet pillows and blankets. And she does it alot, I am not sure why she does but it is very annoying when you are trying to sleep and hear this licking. Or walking around the house and walk where she had been licking. Does anyone have a clue. She is a year old mix part lab and part pointer. :-? :(

One of my parents' dogs-a 17 year old greyhound- does that all the time. The reason why they do it is mainly because the things they are licking taste salty. The pillows and blankets get sweat, dirt, your scent, etc. on them and then for the dog they are like a big salt lick! I'm not really sure what to do about this though, except for washing your linens more or something, but I'm guessing you'll just have to put up with it.

I think Magic doesn't do it as much anymore because she is getting older and is not as much of a wired spaz as she use to be.
I am sure it would help if you keep her busy physically and mentally, exercise her a lot, do OB training sessions daily, play games, get her a cat :lol: send her to doggie daycare etc..

Guest Anonymous

I hope that she will out grow it in time. When Daisy does it she is so oblivious to anyone. I will say her name and she doesnt even look at me. I think she is in love with the carpet :lol: