Dogomania

update on beagle puppy

CKMILK

i went to pund today to visit the new puppy. she is so cute!!! i got to take her outside and she even went pooopooo! i told her that she was a good girl. we have to wait till 27th to be able to bring her home. she still needs to get fixed. the name that won was bailey. so she will be named that. she even came to me when i said her name. i cant wait till i can post some pics of her when she comes home. i hate going to the pound :( i could have brought home so many dogs. i saw a lady bring in her cat cause it has too much hair??? duh it is a cat. also a lady found a little docie cockerspainal looking dog that she found along the road in my town. i bet someone dropped it off. he was trimmed all over had bald spots like someone gave it a hair cut and didnt know what they were doing. i hope that dog will find a owner. i was glad to see the brittiny spaniel got adopted. now there is still a jack russle and another beagle and a lab and some mixes left. i hope they all find a home.

I know how hard it is to visit your dog and not be able to bring them home that day. I didn't have it as bad though we adopted Mandy when she was 3 but she wasn't spayed yet so they were able to schedule it right away because she was obviously old enough. So we took her home 4 days later but we visited her everyday during the wait to make sure she was alright and to get to know her better. Oh and to bring her treats. :wink:

NO we didnt get her. she was already adopted when i went to pound in the morning. so she was saved so that is great!! Bailey the puppy is getting fixed monday morning and we bring her home on tuesday. so i cant wait!!! I keep telling the kids to make sure all there stuff is picked up so that they will not be mad when the puppy chews on it. lol so they are picking up there toys better. yes!!! she hates the leash. She will tug at it and get all winny about it. i think all puppies are this way. well i hope i can lean how to post those pics soon.

CK once you get her home, and settled (the first day will take some settling in) put a small two foot leash on her with a leather or web collar, and let her drag it around after her. take it off when youre not going to be there, or at night. but when your watching her, just let her drag it around after her. this will get her used to haveing the leash on, while not being "controlled" by it. It makes leash training a lot easier.

thanks i will do that. i didnt buy her a collar yet i want to take her with me to the pet shop so i can get a good fit. we have some leads that just slip over the neck and i will use that till i can take her there. i could just measure her neck also. how much should i add to the measurements? i dont like those plastic clasp ones they break, but she will never be tied up just on a leash and i dont trust them. also she has some fleas not alot i saw one on her so should i get some advantage at the vet? and do they make it for that small? do you use that on your dogs and puppies? well let me know. thanks again! this place is a great thing!!!! :D

dont let her drag a slip on leash around, even if your there. It's too easy to get caught on something, and the choking sensation will put her off leashes for a while. wait til you get her collar to let her drag a leash.

as far as the size, my guideline has always been no more than 4 extra holes. It gives her room to grow. At some point she may need another collar, but you dont want to start with one thats too big.

bailey is home now yeah!!!! sthe kids really like her. she is a shadow. I thought she would be a little bit more tired sence she just got fixed yesterday but no she is full of it. The kitten dont know what to think of her yet. I see them playing together pretty soon though. she is getting used to her collar and leash now. well ill post pics as soon as i can figure it out. if anybody can help me let me know thanks.