Dogomania

would you get a new dog if>>>>>>>>&g

CKMILK

would you get a new dog if your dog bit you real bad?? as i have wrote befor my dog attacked me and he had to be put down. sad situation but i have kids and this was the best thing. so i was telling people that now i am getting a new dog a beagle puppy. they are telling me why do you want a dog after that?? you must be crazy?? i try to tell them it wasn't all dogs ingeneral it was THAT dog. and not all boxers ingeneral it was THAT boxer. i dont think people should blame the breed of the dog. should blame the breeder in some cases. so is it wrong for me to get a dog again?? if it is i still am getting one. i always have had a dog and i just love them and i dont think one bad experience should make me change my mind. well you opinion counts.. may help me try to explain it to the others that ask me that question. thanks

Guest Anonymous

it is up to you , to get another dog or not, not all dogs will bite, but all dogs CAN bite... will they> who knows? chancei it? the choice is yours..

I was bitten by a dog when i was litte. i have scars in both my eyebrows and my roof of my mouth from it, but i still have dogs and i love them.. it would take me awhile, but i'm such an animal lover i'll always haea a dog in my life!

[quote]i try to tell them it wasn't all dogs ingeneral it was THAT dog. and not all boxers ingeneral it was THAT boxer. i dont think people should blame the breed of the dog.[/quote]

Right!! If one person were to rob you, and he happened to be a 25 yr old man with blond hair, does that mean ALL 25 yr old blond men will rob you??

Every dog is an individual.

[quote name='pLaurent'][quote]i try to tell them it wasn't all dogs ingeneral it was THAT dog. and not all boxers ingeneral it was THAT boxer. i dont think people should blame the breed of the dog.[/quote]

Right!! If one person were to rob you, and he happened to be a 25 yr old man with blond hair, does that mean ALL 25 yr old blond men will rob you??

Every dog is an individual.[/quote]

right but some people can be dumb and blame all dogs and all breeds. thats a same. like the poor pits. cant have them here. father inlaw had a mix sharpie / boxer / pit and next door lady complained and had to get it out of the state it was only a pup 3 months old. it never done a thing to anybody but lick em. sad huh

CK, get your beagle. and tell them, FROM ME, someone who has raised AND trained "difficult" dogs (dominant, escapists, mentally and physically abused, fearful) that NO ONE BREED is bad. Just like NO ONE RACE OF PEOPLE IS BAD. they are as individual as we are. and there are bad "apples" in every breed. Just like there are bad people in every culture. It's not the culture/breed, its the individual dog/human. and tell them, from me, that the love of a dog is a love without end. A dog is the only love money can buy.

you better get pics up here of that beagle y'know...

:lol:

I'm sorry to hear about your boxer. My boxer had to be put to sleep a few months ago, she hadn't bitten anyone, yet, but was as ferocious as they come towards children and I couldn't risk someones childs life, god only knows what might have happend otherwise.

Despite that terrible experience I'm getting another dog. Yes, I'm scared off of gaurding breeds for a while, I'm not going to get another boxer yet, or a dobe, or a shepherd, or anything like that, they're all ruled out at least until I have children of my own and they are old enough to handle such a dog. Even then I will be SO careful with the breeder I chose - Lilys breeder has a known bad reputation of her dogs, one other particular dog in Lilys line of breeding also turned human aggressive for no apparent reason what so ever, and I've heard storys about her going out for the day and her dogs killing each other :o

But one bad experience is not enough to rule out dogs altogether, just to be a bit more wary of lines and even breeds. Boxers are a great breed, but if you look at their history they are bred to guard, and that requires some amount of dominance and aggression. Beagles on the other hand, are bred to follow thier nose. I know a lot of beagles and they are all top dogs that wouldn't hurt a fly :D

yes we had a boxer befor my daughter was born levi( sorry i am about to cry :cry: ) he was the best dog ever he was 2 when our daughter was born. they loved each other they played with the sprinkler together. he was her brother i always said. he died from heat problems at 7. that was 2 years ago. we got another one and his line was bad i belive. i saw his mother and she was nice. later i saw the grandmother and she was hell on wheels. she was acting like she was gonna eat the fence. i should of looked into it more. i never saw the father. i guess this place was a byb. i didnt know much now i do. i think though i will not get a boxer for a very long time, because nobody will ever live up to what levi was to me and i think i was trying to replace him and i cant. so we will get the beagle puppy. And i know that this should be the best for me and my kids. thanks and if anybody gives me any grief ill send them to you lol!

I can't find a photo of Switch (the cutest, most obedienct Beagle in the world), but while looking I came across a lot of Lily :cry:

Here is my beautiful angel:

[img]http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v299/Aroura/LilyShineBeanBag.jpg[/img]

And as a baby:

[img]http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v299/Aroura/LilyBaby.jpg[/img]

thanks guys. i know that it was hard all that had happen, but that is what i need to do. and some day i may be able to get a new boxer. but not right now. the beagle will suit us well. i love that boxer pic. that is a brindel on right. that is real light red. we had one of each first was fawn and 2nd one was brindel she was reverse real dark. they are a very pretty breed. and yes probubly still my favorite breed. so see i dont blame the breed at all. well thanks again.

Thank you, yes she was a very beautiful dog, everyone who met her commented. It seemed like such a waste to end her life early - she was so beautiful, so intellegent, so obedient, I'd gone so far with her in every other way but no matter what I did I couldn't get her over he aggression problems :cry:

I still love Boxers, seeing them always brings back memories of Lily. As I said, I'll get another one some day, but for the mean time its easier for me to get more of a family dog, my boyfriend and I are getting a Whippet, but a Beagle would be equally suited :wink:

I am totally not someone for breed stereotyping but I must admit at this moment all these stories of Boxers is making me nervous. Especially the one about the dog that sounded like he was trying to eat the fence. The neighbors have a Boxer that has been pounding his head through the fence for years now. We keep on fixing it as it happens. The neighbor is a real idiot who complained about my dog barking at him at 12 noon while he was cleaning his pool but thinks nothing of the fact that his dog breaks our fence. What if he did break though? Is my niece in danger or my dogs? I been thinking this for awhile but I just thought that he was all talk now I am kind of scared.

I was only 6 years old when I was bit by a dog. She was a cute, little fluffball, but did some damage! I still have the scars from the bite -- puncture marks near my right eye, and near the right corner of my mouth.
Never did I become afraid of or angry towards dogs. I have always loved them. I've been around them all my life, and I always will be.

Please do not worry about other people's opinions. If your decision feels right for you in your head and heart, so be it..

[quote name='Cairn6']I am totally not someone for breed stereotyping but I must admit at this moment all these stories of Boxers is making me nervous. Especially the one about the dog that sounded like he was trying to eat the fence. The neighbors have a Boxer that has been pounding his head through the fence for years now. We keep on fixing it as it happens. The neighbor is a real idiot who complained about my dog barking at him at 12 noon while he was cleaning his pool but thinks nothing of the fact that his dog breaks our fence. What if he did break though? Is my niece in danger or my dogs? I been thinking this for awhile but I just thought that he was all talk now I am kind of scared.[/quote]

You need to report him/his dog to animal control as a nuisance, so they have it on record. If he keeps breaking your fence, it must cost you something to repair it. He is liable for that, since his dog did the damage.

and continues to do it, even after he's been told.

I am sorry if i made it sound like Boxers are a bad dog. They are not. It was this boxer. I dont want anybody to think that. They are a loving breed. I just happend to get a bad bloodline i belive. And for the dog that breaks your fence have you ever met the dog?? Just make sure that the owner does pay for his dog breaking the fence.

[quote name='CKMILK']I am sorry if i made it sound like Boxers are a bad dog. They are not. It was this boxer. I dont want anybody to think that. They are a loving breed. I just happend to get a bad bloodline i belive. And for the dog that breaks your fence have you ever met the dog?? Just make sure that the owner does pay for his dog breaking the fence.[/quote]
It's alright I was just making conversation I know they aren't all bad. I am just mad at my stupid neighbor. I have been in contact with lots of boxers and love them. But I am nervous about this particular one.