Dogomania

I give up - I'll make the homemade dog food.

DogPaddle

Kavik is underweight. He always has been. He is too busy to eat. Now that he has calmed down a bit though I've noticed that he will eat his whole bowl of cooked homemade without interupption and even warn Zaphod away from it. With his kibble (Innova lately) he will eat if encouraged and monitored but if anything goes on in the room he's done and happy to let Zaphod finish for him. He wasn't quite as keen on the raw homemade.
Feeding Innova only would cost me around $75 to $85 a month for both dogs.
Feeding my cooked homemade would cost me around $110 to $150 a month for both dogs and prep time.
I have been doing one kibble meal and one homemade but I give up, I'll do cooked for both but mix kibble in half and half with one. If he'll eat its' worth it.
Damn dog won. :lol:

have you considered crushing the kibble in a blender and mixing it into the homemade? that works really well for some finicky eaters. it's not a good idea to mix larger batches tho, since wet kibble goes sour pretty fast.

other than that, thumbs up on the home made. it's really hte best thing you can do, regardless if you decide to feed it raw or cooked.