Dogomania

Thought or maybe suggestion

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have lurked here on this board for several months and will probably join after some of the drama dies down. I notice that there is a possibility of having to join to post and the like which is a great idea, but I hope that lurkers like me will still be able to read posts without joining!? I also wonder for people who may just stumble on this site if maybe the admin and mods should handle the problem people a little less publically, it may turn some great people away to see the only half of the story being discussed by the"higher ups" of the board. Making the "mob mentality" one of the others said seem more likely to them(possible lurkers). I am not one of "them" nor am I looking for trouble just offering my thoughts after lurking here and considering joining! I hope you can take it just as I offer it a perspective that maybe hasn't been considered. I do realize from coming in to read a lot lately just how much you have had to put up with so I see why it has come to the points it has. But others may have just come in lately or in the last few days.

Thanks for your opinion :)
This is a fairly friendly board which has had its fair share of ups and downs over the past 2 years (well, that's as long as I've been here anyway- eeep).
It would be nice to handle things a little more privately as there is not much worse than having constant bickering going on, but having said THAT the current most troublesome poster is the one starting fights and personally attacking not only members (contrary to forum "rules") but one of the moderators, and as that person isn't registered it is impossible to conduct it privately.
The last attempt also to handle an overexuberant post by one of the members of the board also got dragged out into the open, which I was absolutely astonished and appalled at. So we can't really win. :(
It's an ongoing issue and we are working on some solutions. Please don't feel turned off by the current spats- we don't bite hard. :)

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the response, glad to hear there will hopefully be some solutions and like I said I have been hanging out awhile watching and I think I did register but I can't remember for sure because I was waiting for all the other stuff to die out. I was more concerned that other people like me who prefer to check out a site for awhile first might be turned off if they saw all the gunk. I may just to see if I did register and start posting anyway! It's not like I'm not here seeing it play out I'll check that now I think.

Guest Anonymous

I was registered so now you know who posted the above it was me I also went to the into page and introduced myself or rather my dogs anyway. So I guess I am officially here now.

Guest Anonymous

Hi, thanks for the welcomes I haven't been on for a couple of days, darn computer. I do like the site and have for awhile. I recognize the issues with some and overexuberant peeps aren't always bad :D . Anyway glad to be here.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='lurker']Thanks for the response, glad to hear there will hopefully be some solutions and like I said I have been hanging out awhile watching and I think I did register but I can't remember for sure because I was waiting for all the other stuff to die out. I was more concerned that other people like me who prefer to check out a site for awhile first might be turned off if they saw all the gunk. I may just to see if I did register and start posting anyway! It's not like I'm not here seeing it play out I'll check that now I think.[/quote]

i was much like you dou4nzk and actually posted on the thread with the poll about having just members post...looking back on it now I realize my tone and comments were way out of line :oops: i am an active member of another breed specific site but liked to lurk here when things were slow over there...that one person, and i hate to even bring it up, really put a bad taste in my mouth...but i really like the way the things were handled regarding that situation. The democracy here is really refreshing....I admitadly am not here often but I would say over the last week or two much of the drama has calmed down tremendously...great job to all! :beerchug:

put a bad taste in OUR mouths too, which is why the current stricter regulations exist. Some people just dont know when to quit. even after being politely, not politely, and ANGRILY requested to do so. **sigh**

welcome aboard. glad to have anyone here willing to be actively engaged in our discussions, without being nasty about it.

:D

Guest Anonymous

thank you courtnek! :D its amazing how one bad apple can ruin the bunch...i feel terrible that i felt that way considering how i feel about people who admonish a breed based on specific acts of certain dogs :( anyway great forum you have here and i am glad to be here :D

A belated welcome.
I"m fairly new, myself.
I, too, was turned off by the negative posts (still am). But I just ignore them. I will NEVER post a response to an existing argument. I will NEVER start an argument. It makes no sense ot me. But I figure it's bound to happen with other people sometimes, since we all have such passionate opinions about things.

Hope to see ya' around!