Dogomania

Found a dog park near me!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Well not near me, it's about 40 mins away.. BUT it's the closest doggy park near me that is offleash! SO !! Cody and i are getting ready and gonna go give it a go! i'll take lots of pictures! don't worry!1

here's the link to the park. it looks pretty

[url]http://www.explorerdog.com/offleash/grandview.htm[/url]

So, how was it?!? how did he do? Im quit sure he just had a blast!! :lol:

once when we went down to FL. for a week i found one there we took the girls to and it was a load of fun! there is about 3 or so here in MO. but i still dont know my way around well enough to get to them and its hard to get hubby to go when he would rather be golfing or fishing :roll: :wink: Bummer i know!!

What a great find! I'm sure Cody loved it!

[quote]once when we went down to FL. for a week i found one there we took the girls to and it was a load of fun![/quote]

What part of Florida were you visiting, sarahmyjoy? I live on the gulf coast near Tampa Bay and there are some great dog parks around here.....so far Ft Desoto is my favorite :D

Guest Anonymous

Back from the dog park and it is freakin' HUGE!!!!! you walk around a ahill and downt he hill to get to the flat open land that has like beach sand in the middle with logs to sit on.. i made the mistake of playing with the Chuck it the whole way down there stopped for some water ( they have a fountain for pups ) and ran the entire way downt he hill .. tired to play with an aussie, but they had him on leash and were not socail at all so by the time we got down to the bottom of the hill ( the VIEW IS SPECTACULAR!! i did bring the camera but left it in the truck, Cody was so excited i opend the door and he flew out so i had no time to get it next time though...) anyways by the time we go tot the bottom with all the dogs he was POOPED!!*lol* I threw the ball about 6 times and he ran after it, went around to the dogs smelled wakled up to their humans sat and demanded to be pet.lol and then he laid down by me worn out, a dog came over to paly and cody was irriated and tired and growled so i said ok we are goign home ( after only 20 mins there! ) and on the way up the hill..*LOL* he would get about 20 feet in front of me and go lay down in the shade under the trees. and wouldn't move.. i had to carry him for a little bit. lol i have NEVER seen him this tired before, then we stopped got some more water played with a beautiful Bernese Mountain dog and then walked with some people who had huge malamutes, they siad they loved his vest and there was another deaf dog there but no one knows it so they scare him.. then i had to run after cody becuase he would see a dog and run to it sniffing, and then we got in the truck i put the ac on full blas all on him and he *DID NOT* move until i made him get out of the truck when we got home..
so was it worth the 40 mins drive and getting lost to spend 20 mins at the park and leave??
YES!!!! he had so much fun and even though the grass was all brown and head it was still beautiful with a great veiw!

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Smooshie']What a great find! I'm sure Cody loved it!

[quote]once when we went down to FL. for a week i found one there we took the girls to and it was a load of fun![/quote]

What part of Florida were you visiting, sarahmyjoy? I live on the gulf coast near Tampa Bay and there are some great dog parks around here.....so far Ft Desoto is my favorite :D[/quote]

Oh cool! My In-laws live in Safety Harbor! We took the dogs out to the Dog beach not to far from Tampa. I can't for the life of me remember the name of it now. It was neat! My Pom actually went out in the water. Everyone was laughing at my poor little wet rat :-)

sounds like it was WELL worth the drive, DAL ! :D

sarahmyjoy...yes, I have friends in Bradenton. It is a beautiful area...and there are some awesome dog parks and beaches down that way (Sanibel and Captiva Islands are both dog friendly).
I know what you mean about falling in love with this place...I'm originally from Canada, and we moved down here almost 5 years ago...we moved back up north briefly 3 years ago, but we missed it so much we came back after only 6 months.

Tammy...I know of a few different dog beaches in the TB area....Davis Island, the Gandy Bridge Causeway, and the Bellaire dogbeach. I can just imagine your Pom out paddling around in the water...too cute! :lol:

Guest Anonymous

Hubby said it was some state park. I remember there was an Island you could take the ferry to near by and lots of Sea Grapes by the entrance booths.

DAL- Glad your Cody had a great time.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='sashagirl'] (Life is hard with dog aggressive dogs)[/quote]
tell me about it :( that's why we left to Dog park.. I thought Cody was doing so good.. but i'm waiting to hear back from an aussie breeder who might to private lesson with me to help correct the problem..

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Baileysmom']DAL! Im so excited! I havent checked out the link yet, but already I cant wait to go there! maybe we'll have to plan a doggie play date there![/quote]

Totally!! it was a great park! ;) the views were so pretty and even though it's summer and the grass is all brown it's still really pretty there! we will for sure have to have a playdate there some time soon! ( in cool temps. i can't stand heat )

Guest Anonymous

hmm that's a long way.. i dont think it's worth it right now for me to drive that far when Cody gets so tired right away at the dog parks,. we dont stay there long, plus after a while he gets irritated with other dogs so itw ould almost be a waste for us.. 30 miles to the i posted is good for us. Cody had a blast

I understand that it is a long way for you to go, but maybe someday you could check it out. It is a beautiful place and alot of fun. I did read a while ago that they are putting in an off leash park in Lakewood, I think, somewhere closer to us anyway. It's not going to be very big but at least it is closer.

Guest Anonymous

maybe sometime i'll check it , like weekend when justin is working i'll head out there. that would be GREAT if they put a dog park in lakewood i'd be so happy! :) lol

[quote name='sashagirl']Smooshie, you will have to give me directions to get to some of those dog beaches near Tampa. Whenever we visit the in-laws. (Palm Harbor) We take the girls, and Sasha LOVES the beach...

Tell me, are they all offleash? And if so, are they generally really crowded... (Life is hard with dog aggressive dogs)[/quote]

I'm pretty positive they are all offleash Sasha, but let me check on that for you just to make sure the rules haven't changed....we haven't taken Loki to the dog beaches in over a year because he won't go in the water :roll: , soooo we've been sticking to just the regular dog parks. I'll ask around and PM you the info :D

• 3 years later...