Dogomania

Feeding time excitement!

Carolk9s

My dogs must live for chow time. They crowd into my tiny kitchen with me while I prepare their food. As soon as I say, 'Ok, lets GO', Jesse rushes across the front room to his 'spot'. Think of a person drumming their fingers on a table, that is pretty much what he does with his feet. I tell him to hold his horses, I'm coming and stop drooling on my end table/covered dog crate! 8)
The girls follow me, once I give Jesse his food, Brittany leads the way to her 'spot'. Candy is watching me with a bit of worry, 'why am I always LAST???' Well, partly because she is the fastest eater. They each get a greenie after dinner, she pops into the kitchen mere seconds after I put her food bowl down and wants her greenie.
At breakfast, Candy hovers near Jesse waiting for him to finish, she always licks his bowl to make sure he did not miss the tiniest morsel.
They just crack me up sometimes, what would I do without them!

at 7:01 they are both in my face. where's dinner? I put Laurels down first, cuz she eats slower, but free's in only 20 seconds later. they both eat in their "spots" in the kitchen. Free then checks out Laurels dish for any morsels while Laurel comes looking for seconds....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought that i was the only one whos dog did that whole lick the bowl clean thing .... LOL Morgan she eats fast and waits around for sarah to eat but sarah takes her time she will walk away and look in on me to make sure im still there and not going anywhere and go get a bit and so on till she is done and Morgan is right there her tag clinking on the bowl till i know she has licked all the decration of the bowl LOL :lol:

BK gets fed about 5-6pm every night (he has breakfast too LOL). You can tell it's getting close as he is more hyperactive than usual. He knows the routine: Dad (or whoever) goes outside with the opened tin and the bag of dry food, BK races down to where his bowl is, and does a little dance of excitement. BK likes to try and creep forward to get in before Dad is finished. So Dad says, "BACK!" and Blitz does a backwards jump onto the step and barks with excitement. He waits impatiently as Dad puts his tinned and dry food out and also puts a few dry bits in the empty tin and scatters a scant handful of dry bits around the yard (bk likes to sniff them out, it's his little game). Dad waits a few moments before saying "eat", then BK dives in and either eats at a regular pace or inhales his food, depending on how hungry he is. However, BK will willingly leave food if it meant he gets to go for a walk. :wink:

Wow, my three would never leave food for a walk!! Well, maybe Chelsea would. We have a little routine too. Jake sits by the door while I prepare their bowls, most of the time he tries to come in, but I make him wait at the door and stop if he comes in. He is a little food aggressive and that's why I do this. Then, I make Daisy sit and give her food to her first and then to Chelsea, after she sits and then to Jake, who is FOLLOWING me the entire time.... :lol: Then I make him sit and give me a "high-five" (which is the cutest thing - it is a two paw) and then he eats it all up before I can even have time to walk away :-?

My guys eat twice a day too, but I call it dinner both times (just easier for them.....)

Chelsea and Jake both lick everybody's bowls afterward... just in case :D

Guest Anonymous

Coal's kina boring now when it comes to eating (his kibble anyway, anything else he goes BONKERS!).
He USE to be a bratt when it came to food time. He would get up and try to eat right out of the bowl while I was walking!
When he was really tiny he would get right in his bowl too! :lol: I have a little stone carved lab puppy sitting in his bowl that mom got me because of that :wink:
He does lick his bowl clean though! He'll pin it down with one foot and get right in there, I'm surprised he hasn't licked a hole right through the bottom :lol: :lol:

Now he has to sit before he gets his food though, he's food aggressive so we've been working on that for a really long time, now I can take his dish away, put a treat in it, and give it back and he just wags his tail nervously, but he doesn't make a bit of protest :D

Guest Anonymous

when we livedi n our old house and it was all tile. cody and zoey would lick the empty bowl all over the house.. lol a huge metal bowl sliding and banging int o things.
thankfully now only the kitchen is tiled but he still pushed his bowl around until i find him and sign no!lol
zoey eats in the laudnry room and as soon as she's done you can hear her bark and peaking through the door to see if it's ok to come out yet ( cody has food aggression sometimes )

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='DeafAussieLover'] thankfully now only the kitchen is tiled but he still pushed his bowl around until i find him and sign no!lol[/quote]

I find it really interesting how Cody is deaf so you've taught him sign language. I mean my dog knows some sign and reads my body, but NO, has always been most effective if I say NO rather than stomp and give him a menacing look :lol: I'm wondering how you taught him what NO ment, and what your sign is? :P

:o I do believe Maisy can tell time........about 15min. before breakfast and dinner she starts to pester me.........
Then when I do start getting their stuff ready, Sassy and Maisy follow me while I fill their bowls, Gretchen on the other hand couldn't care less and lays down and watches the whole scene from a distance.
I put Sassy's down first, and then Maisy's (Maisy is a speed eater), then Gretchen's.
Sometimes with Maisy I play a game.......I make her sit/stay , I put the bowl down then I say all kinds of words (except the release word) and you can tell she's going nuts !!! Then I say "O.K" and she digs in !!!
Then she's done in 7sec. flat and she's over trying to stick her nose in Sassy's dish, Sass just gives her a little grrr and she moves along......
Then in the mean time I'm trying to cajole Gretchen into eating......
C'mon Gretch, eat your food !!.........C'mon Maisy's going to get it !!, Gretchen come on Eat !! Finally after she looks at what they're doing she'll wander over and start eating her food :roll: She takes her time......then Maisy will lick everyones bowls (just to make sure nothing was left !!)
It's like this whole little play we act out twice a day !!! :roll: :lol: