Dogomania

Zoey is limping bad again..

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Wej ust notivced about 30 mins ago that Zoey was limping again, we figured it was her right leg again so gave herm, her pills.. well it's so bad, never seen it this bad before she's limping really bad but now on her LEFT leg. Justin and i checked her over, no cuts, sores or anything, we thought maybe she twisted it when she was getting her bath tonight, but that was a few hours ago.. and we can't get in to the vet until Tuesday becuase of the holiday.. any suggestions we can do for pain ?

When any of my dogs have come down with a limp I have massaged the area then let the dog rest with no exercise except going out for potty breaks. I am not a fan of giving aspirin.
If you think Zoey may be limping due to a sprain you can apply a cold pack to the leg to help relieve pain (I have used a frozen bag of veggies for a cold pack :lol: )
What can be really good for an injury is to apply first a warm pack ( I have used one of those gel packs available at pharmacies, but, only microwave till its warm...not hot) put a towel around the leg, then put on the warmed gel pack. Then follow this with the frozen bag of veggies or frozen wetted towel. For some reason the heat followed by cold can relieve an injured muscle.
I hope every thing is alright with Zoey. Limping can be simple to serious, ever since my Newf died of bone cancer I get freaked out when ever one of my dogs gets the slightest limp.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the advice guys! I will go put some heat and then ice on her leg she's out goign potty with justin right now so i'm not sure yet if she is still limping bad.. i'll keep you guys updated

Guest Anonymous

well still limping, not nearly as bad we tested all her joints and she showed NO sign of pain at all, no sore or anythign eaither.. we massaged her, iced and heated her and started her back on her Gluclosamine pills she seems better so we think it may have just been a sprain.. i'm going to see how she is doing in the morning and if she's still bad iw ill call the vet. ;)