Dogomania

Pepto Bismol and dogs...

I thought we should get her the tablets, but the husband thought we should get the liquid so we did.... :-?

well I measured it out, and put it in her bowl.... man did I wish I had a camera... she sniffed it for about 20 secs before she decided to give it a try. She took the smallest little lick and made the funniest face Ive ever seen a dog make in my entire life. I ended up having to mix it with some stuff so she would eat it.

After she was done, I also wished I had a camera because she had pick on her nose, and her jowels, and the front of her mouth... so cute... I had to laugh :lol:

Guest Anonymous

wow i didn't know that would work. only meds i give Cody are Benadryl for his allergies right now he's licking and chewing his feet bad. but the benadryl works great!

[quote name='sashagirl']My dogs hate Pepto, but it does work...

Something that works better for me, and they actually like. Canned pumpkin and plain yogurt.

I give 1 tablespoon of each for a 50 pound dog, so you could probably double it. This works a lot quicker than the pepto, and the dogs eat it willingly... :D[/quote]

Yup, I use the pumpkin and yogurt method with mine too. They're such picky eaters, I can't imagine trying to get Pepto into them....they sure do love pumpkin though :wink:
I actually use it as a regular part of their diet (once a week or so) just to help their digestion.....

[quote name='courtnek']morphine? like the pain killer? you can buy it over the counter?[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing...

So you can just walk right in the store over there and buy morphine over the counter without a prescription? I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around that... walking along the aisle and alongside the tampons and diarrhea medicine is morphine. :-?

Nothing my dogs could do could ever make me give them Pepto. I can't even get that stuff in ME. Pepto causes an instant reverse action in my tummy and I don't think there's any way I could try to make someone else take it. The very smell of it nauseates me. :o

glad its not just me...morphine here (if its the same thing) is so tightly regulated you cant even get a prescription for it. You have to be IN the hospital to get morphine, and in some major extensive pain. I cant imagine getting it over the counter, or using it as a stomach settler...

:o :o

Mor[u]A[/u]phine is one of the strongest hardest pain narcotics on the market, right below Fentenyl. Extremely addictive and can actually cause some pretty bad constipation. Because it's a narcotic it's very regulated on who gets it.

I've never heard of Morphine.

I think your MorAphine is the same as our morphine...extremey addictive. pain reducing drug. only used when the pain is so bad nothing else will help. used in the military in the field for extremely bad wounds. only used here in hospitals when NO OTHER pain killer will do the job. its BAD STUFF
unless propery used and monitored.

[quote]morphine here (if its the same thing) is so tightly regulated you cant even get a prescription for it. You have to be IN the hospital to get morphine, and in some major extensive pain.[/quote]

You absolutely can get a prescription for Morphine. Usually when pharmacies dispense it, it is in tablet form and goes by the name MS-Contin or Oramorph. I worked in a pharmacy and dispensed it often.

[quote name='kendalyn'][quote]morphine here (if its the same thing) is so tightly regulated you cant even get a prescription for it. You have to be IN the hospital to get morphine, and in some major extensive pain.[/quote]

You absolutely can get a prescription for Morphine. Usually when pharmacies dispense it, it is in tablet form and goes by the name MS-Contin or Oramorph. I worked in a pharmacy and dispensed it often.[/quote]

I don't know much about U.S. regulations, but my father in law lives in Canada and has a prescription for Morphine,and I find Canadian drug regulations are usually stricter than the U.S.

really!! I was told by a doctor you cant....when I had kidney stones and was in so much pain. they kept upping the dosage of vicadin, which does nothing for me. Vicadin phases me not at all. except to make me dizzy.
he told me I couldnt get morphine without being in the hospital. They ended up giving me something else that worked better, but it wasnt morphine. Percoset maybe? that sounds right....

sorry about the misinformation.

Guest Mutts4Me

Whew... I was getting really concerned that a whole pages of responses went by without anyone questioning that. I'm very confused and curious as well.