Dogomania

My dog was brutally attacked and killed by another dog.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='pitbullEmily']been talking to those baby lawyers you work with again?

:evilbat:[/quote]

What do you mean "baby lawyers." pit bull emily? Actually some of the lawyers I know best do respresent a fair number of abused and neglected children (who are sometimes babies), so I guess in that sense they could be considered "baby lawyers."

primrose [/b]

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, personally, do not think there is a "Sam." NOR do I think the situations described in the original post in this thread really occured. I think it is a hypothetical situation that someone posted just to see what kind of response it would get.

If I'm wrong about that... OOOPS! Sorry about your dog. :cry:

For the love of god.... when is enough, enough?

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I may not be the most valued or the most contributory of all the members here but I have visited nearly every single day since becoming a member and I love this place. I really enjoyED coming here up until "the jerk" showed up but this is just getting rediculous. She is WAY out of line for her comments to Mei Mei who has been very fair and patient to her this whole time. I could handle all this till I read this thread but this is rediculous.

Have I been nice about my comments to her...? No... no way, no how, never will. I take responsibility for that and I don't regret anything I've said to her either because she's asked for and deserved every bit of it. It's the lack of respect thats being shown to our admins and mods she's shown and I can't believe that this isn't being made a bigger deal of...

I think I'll be taking a break for awhile...at least until this crap is over with and done for. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Guest Anonymous

E&C and Mei I agree with you. Where is Sam now?

If this story is true...Sam I am sorry for your loss. However I would love to hear more details to determine where the blame belongs.

[quote name='courtnek']personally? I think we've been HAD...[/quote]

I agree, courtnek. If this person wanted to seek help from this post they would have been checking back in and posting answers to our questions. Instead, this person is no where to be seen. Hmmm.

I know this whole thing is fake and who knows perhaps it was primrose herself who make the thread because there wasn't enough controversy going on. But I still want to comment on the constant talk about pit bulls being dog aggressive. Yes they can be but they aren't the only dog that is, all terriers are likely to be dog aggressive. Heck I have one myself. I have worked really hard to get it under control but on occasion it still can be a problem. But simply because he only weighs 20lbs everyone dismisses it. You would be surprised how big this little terrier's teeth are and how much damage he could do if he wanted too. I also see the difference between Toto's dog aggression and people aggression. He would never dream of hurting a person he loves people. The two aggressions are not the same.

I understand that Pit bulls are bigger and stronger so there is more responsibility but at the same time pits are not an anomaly there are tons of terriers if not all of them that are more prone to be dog aggressive then the average dog. Just yesterday I was holding my breath as two large pit bulls came into the vet's office and my dog is sitting there. They go to see each other and I am scared to death Toto will decide that he is not going to pay attention to the training and start something that I know he could not finish. Thank God all were very well behaved. I guess my point is why are you so obsessed with pit bulls as if they are the only dog out there that ever has a problem.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Cairn6']I know this whole thing is fake and who knows perhaps it was primrose herself who make the thread because there wasn't enough controversy going on. But I still want to comment on the constant talk about pit bulls being dog aggressive. Yes they can be but they aren't the only dog that is, all terriers are likely to be dog aggressive. Heck I have one myself. I have worked really hard to get it under control but on occasion it still can be a problem. But simply because he only weighs 20lbs everyone dismisses it. You would be surprised how big this little terrier's teeth are and how much damage he could do if he wanted too. I also see the difference between Toto's dog aggression and people aggression. He would never dream of hurting a person he loves people. The two aggressions are not the same.

I understand that Pit bulls are bigger and stronger so there is more responsibility but at the same time pits are not an anomaly there are tons of terriers if not all of them that are more prone to be dog aggressive then the average dog. Just yesterday I was holding my breath as two large pit bulls came into the vet's office and my dog is sitting there. They go to see each other and I am scared to death Toto will decide that he is not going to pay attention to the training and start something that I know he could not finish. Thank God all were very well behaved. I guess my point is why are you so obsessed with pit bulls as if they are the only dog out there that ever has a problem.[/quote]

Well, it may be that Sam's dog wasn't really killed by a pit bull. This is the internet, and smart people don't necessarily believe everything that they read on the internet. You are mistaken to imply that I might have posted it, however. I didn't, and you can't cite to any evidence that I do that kind of thing so I don't know why you would suggest it. Do you often suggest things might be true without any evidence whatsoever? Were you just doing that to be malicious?

But for purposes of discussion, we might as well assume that Sam's situation is real. After all, it is a very common occurance that a pit bull seriously hurts or kills another dog. Even if it didn't happen to Sam's dog, that doesn't mean that it isn't a problem and it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen often enough to be considered a huge problem.

If you don't know the difference between cairn terrier dog aggression and pit bull dog aggression (and no, it isn't just the fifteen or twenty or twenty five pound difference in size), then you don't know much about pit bull dog aggression.

While it is certainly true that dog aggression and people aggression are not "the same," it is also true that dog aggression very often results in injuries to people. For example: [url]http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=12098475&BRD=2554&PAG=461&dept_id=507134&rfi=6[/url] So even if you don't care that pit bulls injure and kill DOGS because of dog aggression, pit bulls become more dangerous to people because of it.

Note, also, that this article presents good evidence (as does virtually every other well conducted study) that pit bulls actually ARE more people aggressive than are other breeds. Do you doubt that pit bulls kill more people than do cairns? Or do you think that all those supposed pit bull attacks were really perpetrated by cairns, posing as pit bulls? So even if we agree that the two types of aggression are not "the same" (it would be hard to argue that they are--a lot less hard to argue that they might be related), pit bulls have problems in both realms.

But even more basically, you argue that pit bulls are not the only dog out there who has the "problem" of dog aggression. Of course not. The problem with pit bulls is that dog aggression is not seen as "a problem" by many, many breeders. Indeed, many disreputable breeders breed specifically FOR high levels of dangerousness toward other dogs. And if your good hearted neighbor happens to adopt one of the products of that breeding from the shelter, not knowing what he is getting, your cute little cairn could be living next to a dog who is quite capable of, and quite willing to, kill him. And it could happen before you could intervene. Okay with you?

If all the pit bull owners/breeders even on this board were just to agree with you that dog aggression in pit bulls is "a problem," and to talk about and think about ways to eliminate this problem (for example, not breed dog aggressive pit bulls), pit bulls would be making progress.

primrose

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='EmmeAndCharley'][quote]Do you often suggest things might be true without any evidence whatsoever? [/quote]Is suggesting that something might be true not permitted? Do you never suggest that something might be true?[/quote]

Actually, if one poster suggests that another poster is intentionally lying and making up a story without any evidence that that poster IS intentionally lying and making up a story, that probably isn't technically permitted on this board. I think that that falls into the category of "First and foremost there will be NO personal attacks tolerated" don't you?

Of course, I am not one to ask for censorship of stupid, baseless personal attacks. I'd rather just kind of gently point them out (as I did here) or (more usually) ignore them and let them speak for themselves. I figure that anybody whose opinions matter see stupid, baseless personal attacks for what they are and they just serve to undermine the arguments of the person making them.

primrose

[quote]Actually, if one poster suggests that another poster is intentionally lying and making up a story without any evidence that that poster IS intentionally lying and making up a story, that probably isn't technically permitted on this board. I think that that falls into the category of "First and foremost there will be NO personal attacks tolerated" don't you? [/quote]
I do not think that the person who suggested that "perhaps" you made the original post in this thread is the same thing as if the person said that you "definitely made the original post in this thread." So, therefore, I do not think the person was lying... and I do not think that the person was making a personal attack. I do not think that suggesting that perhaps you made the original post in this thread falls into the category of "First and foremost there will be NO personal attacks tolerated."

Primrose, do you know who made the original post in this thread?

[quote]Of course, I am not one to ask for censorship of stupid, baseless personal attacks. [/quote]Primrose, did you make this comment in regards to the poster who suggested that perhaps you made the first post in this thread? If that is what your comment (quoted in this post) is in reference to, then I disagree that the posters remark was a stupid, baseless, personal attack.

[quote]If you don't know the difference between cairn terrier dog aggression and pit bull dog aggression (and no, it isn't just the fifteen or twenty or twenty five pound difference in size), then you don't know much about pit bull dog aggression.[/quote]Primrose, I do not quite understand this comment. Based on what the poster said about the dog aggression in terriers, did those comments make you think that the poster does not understand the difference between cairn terrier dog aggression and pit bull dog aggression? Did you think that poster (based on what she wrote) doesn't know much about pit bull dog aggression? I did not get that impression at all out of the posters comments about dog aggression in terriers.

[quote]I figure that [u]anybody whose opinions matter [/u]see stupid, baseless personal attacks for what they are and they just serve to undermine the arguments of the person making them.[/quote] Primrose, who are the persons whose opinions matter? Can you define those persons so that I understand clearly who you mean? Are there persons whose opinions do not matter? Matter to whom? Matter to you? Matter to everyone?

[quote]Nobody said mei-mei had to expose her school history. She chose to do it (as is her right, of course) as a way to try to bolster her credibility[/quote]

And why on earth would Mei-Mei need to "bolster her credibility" to someone who has absolutely NO credibility whatsoever? A person who makes wild claims like "My wombat has 7 titles." "Pit bulls are trapped nearly every day rampaging in zoos," "I speak out against dog fighting",and on and on go the fantastic claims you make, and not once have you backed anything up. In fact, if anyone has the audacity to ask for proof, they are told to "stop whining", correct?

One thing (among many) I don't understand about you - your dog was killed by a Kerry Blue Terrier, right? So why aren't you trolling and berating responsible Kerry Blue owners?

Oh, and MY dog has 8 titles, so there! Of course I can't prove this, because I fear being tracked down and stalked by creepy, spittle-spraying and overly verbose Wombat owners. :lol:

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='pLaurent'][quote]Nobody said mei-mei had to expose her school history. She chose to do it (as is her right, of course) as a way to try to bolster her credibility[/quote]

And why on earth would Mei-Mei need to "bolster her credibility" to someone who has absolutely NO credibility whatsoever? A person who makes wild claims like "My wombat has 7 titles." "Pit bulls are trapped nearly every day rampaging in zoos," "I speak out against dog fighting",and on and on go the fantastic claims you make, and not once have you backed anything up. In fact, if anyone has the audacity to ask for proof, they are told to "stop whining", correct?

One thing (among many) I don't understand about you - your dog was killed by a Kerry Blue Terrier, right? So why aren't you trolling and berating responsible Kerry Blue owners?

Oh, and MY dog has 8 titles, so there! Of course I can't prove this, because I fear being tracked down and stalked by creepy, spittle-spraying and overly verbose Wombat owners. :lol:[/quote]

I don't know why mei-mei would feel the need to bolster her credibility. But she obviously does, since I can't think of any other reason for her to talk about her LSAT score (which has to have been kind of a while ago) on this board, can you? In any case, mei-mei was [b]explicit[/b] that she meant to use her educational background as a way to bolster her credibility, but maybe you missed that. When she originally posted, she said "Take it from the me (I graduated from law school)." You'll have to ask her why she felt it was necessary.

And, as a law school graduate, I am sure mei-mei would be among the first to tell you that you shouldn't post quotes around stuff you claim other people said unless they said exactly that. Thanks for your cooperation on this.

For example, you quote me as saying that the Wombat has seven titles. I would never have said that the Wombat has seven titles, for example, because that would be untrue. She got seven AKC titles last year. She has more than seven titles total.

Re your dog's eight titles, great! I am glad to hear that, since not many pit bull people go out and do stuff with their dogs. And if anybody really believes that ADBA registered 200,000 pit bulls a year, we should be seeing pit bulls out doing stuff with approximately the same frequency as we see labs. Unless, of course, the vast majority of ADBA pit bulls are living short, desperate lives on chains or unless there aren't remotely 200,000 ADBA pit bulls registered every year, or unless both those things are true.

primrose

[/b]

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Mei-Mei']Before you make any more posts on this board Primrose, answer EmmeandCharley's question about whether you know the original poster (Sam).[/quote]

No.

primrose

[quote]While it is certainly true that dog aggression and people aggression are not "the same," it is also true that dog aggression very often results in injuries to people. For example: [url]http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=12098475&BRD=2554&PAG=461&dept_id=507134&rfi=6[/url] So even if you don't care that pit bulls injure and kill DOGS because of dog aggression, pit bulls become more dangerous to people because of it.

[u][b]Note, also, that this article presents good evidence (as does virtually every other well conducted study[/b][/u]) that pit bulls actually ARE more people aggressive than are other breeds.[/quote]

Primrose, with the comment that I bolded & underlined (above)... are you suggesting that the article that you provided a link to is reporting evidence from a well conducted study? A research study? If so, there is no information on how the study was conducted, so there is no way to tell if it was indeed a well conducted study, based on this news article alone.

Do you know who the Principal Investigators of the research study were? Do you know what University the PI's are affiliated with? I would be interested to read the research protocol for the study that provided the results for this news article. I'd also like to read any of the abstracts that resulted from this study, and to find out if there are any pilot studies being conducted to further the research in the area of Pit Bulls.

Thank you.

Guest Mutts4Me

[quote name='primorse']this article presents good evidence (as does virtually every other well conducted study) that pit bulls actually ARE more people aggressive than are other breeds. Do you doubt that pit bulls kill more people than do cairns? Or do you think that all those supposed pit bull attacks were really perpetrated by cairns, posing as pit bulls? So even if we agree that the two types of aggression are not "the same" (it would be hard to argue that they are--a lot less hard to argue that they might be related), pit bulls have problems in both realms. [/quote]

I think logic fails you there. You know, a lot of people may not agree with me, but while I disagree with your views on things, and I disagree with the fact that you only seem to be here to argue and not pleasantly talk dogs with the rest of us, your responses do tend to be well thought out and logical (perhaps a different kind of logic many of us use, but logic).

But that's the most absurd thing I've seen you post (I think) so far. Little lap dogs (most terriers included) ARE incredibly people aggressive, well-bred or not, but most well-bred Pit Bulls are not people agressive. The problem is that when a demonic little dachsund (for, with all the "dangerous breeds" I've been around with no problems, I have been attacked twice by dachsunds) attacks you, it's 1) easier to escape (stand on a chair or pick it up, for instance ;) 2) less likely to cause severe damage because its teeth are a lot smaller ... and...

My lunch break just ended :-? I can continue this this evening, I guess.

[quote name='K']Although I swore not to reply to these posts...I would just like to add here that although guest Sam has supposedly only made 1 post..the admin pages show 3 posts from the same person :-?[/quote]

At this time I have nothing else to as to any of the above posts except
SOMEBODY GOT BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BWWWBAAHAHAHWHWHAHWHAHWHHAHWHAHWHAHWHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carry on...........................

Debby