Dogomania

stupid comments

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kat']lol on the spayed issue, we always got people in asking for their pet to be sprayed :roll: the other one is "can i get my dog nuttered?".. to that I have to bite my tongue hard to stop myself saying you're the one thats the nutter :lol:[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: ....ahhh well I guess we can't complain too much....at LEAST they're getting the" [i]spading, spraying and nuttering [/i]" DONE. could be worse...could be ignorant people with [i]un-altered dogs :o

:wink: [/i]

I've stopped using the term "altered" when speaking to the gp. I am shocked that so many people don't know what "Is your dog altered" means.

And how about when you ask if the dog has been tested for heartworms and they say. "He was wormed when he was a puppy" :-?

Guest Anonymous

One of my all time fav's was Pointing to Lexxy and asking is she was a

BUTTERSCOTCH PITBULL? ANd that they cost 15 thousand dollars
(hell I got ripped off for fifteen thousand you think she'd be a little "brighter")

Another was being called an animal abuser for the "spiked contraption around her neck" ..........PRONG COLLAR you want to give it a go and walk her with out it (this was during her brat face where she would pull your arm off)

With Coop I always get asked if hes a miniture pitbull, no he's simply my itty bitty pitty, .........their response oh right yeah I heard of those. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME MORON?????

Oh my last to add was not so much a comment but a statement at a work function.... PITBULL AND ROTTIE OWNERS DONT HAVE NICE HOMES SO THEY CAN HAVE THAT KIND OF DOG TEARING IT UP???
I replied yes all pitbulls owners are govt funded and live in trailer parks idiot.......

Im sure theres a few more hey I havent even walked to pooches yet so who knows what will be said.....

V & the brats

With K, people say stuff that makes me really upset and I never know what to respond. Often because K is a "big, black dog" she is really discriminated against and many of the other owners will walk away from us. I remember just a few days ago a woman was walking her shih tzu and they saw me and K. The woman started talking to her DOG and calling K a "big meany who's gonna hurt you if we go near [i]him[/i]". Argh. Kyra is a GIRL! But people always ask if "he" is a fighting dog or if he has had puppies with another dog (if not, does he want to?) because "he" is kind of cute. :evil: When mistaking K with breeds, I have been asked if she was a black shepherd many times. :roll:

That just made me think of something else...

When I have Rocco (Doberman) in the car with me and stop at a store or anywhere else, I've seen people refuse to get out of their cars with him sitting there. What's weird is that he's just sitting there minding his business. He doesn't bark, snarl, growl, or otherwise look menacing. There is also a doggie wheelchair sitting on the seat beside him which would, to me, imply that he isn't really able to come leaping out of the car at anyone even if he wanted to. Still, I've had people flatly refuse to get out of their cars until Rocco is gone. One lady even got nasty with me because her son was afraid to get out of the car at a gas station. I don't remember now how she put it, but she said something about what if that dog got loose, or how easy it would be for him to get loose or something like that. I'm sure she did a bangup job of easing her son's fears that day by berating me about my dog sitting in my car minding his own business.

However, these same people are the ones who will try to approach all 15ish lbs of Devin (Lhasa) in the car even though Devin is hitting the glass barking and growling because they think he's "cute" (funny thing about Devin is that he is plenty friendly and loves people OUT of the car, but would cheerfully sever the hand of someone reaching INTO it :oops: ). If it were me, I'd be avoiding DEVIN and approaching ROCCO. :-?

Guest Anonymous

Everyone ALWAYS says "oh Coal's such a suck!" and I reply "NOOO! He's a mean green fighting machine and he's MACHO I TELL YOU!" as Coal snuggles up in my lap, licks my face, gives a big puppy sigh and snuggles his nose under my chin :lol: :lol: :wink:

Okay, I was just joking up there (about the mean green fighting machine.... he's not really green :wink: )

he DOES always get mistaken for a girl though :o My dad calls him a girl all the time :lol: :lol: But that's just cuz he was use to Hazel :wink: Plus he squats when he pees :oops:
This one time I was walking him up town with a friend and an owner leading a black lab by goes "awe look, it's a mate for (whatever the dogs name was)" I was like :o :o and the person with the girl leading the dog goes "is it a girl?" and I'm like 'NO... and he's neutered anyway" :o :o :roll: Coal's a MUTT from the pound, even if he WAS a girl, you think I'd breed him? Even if he was a purebred from a breeder I STILL wouldn't breed him when some random person on the street comes up with their out of control lab (it was pulling like a banchi, while Coal slinked with his tale between his legs cuz these loud obnoxious people and their loud obnoxious dog scared him :-? )

I think most of the stupid questions I got with Hazel :evil: :evil: One of which was that my mom wanted to breed her :o :o She was a BC + Aussie, and had REALLY bad aggression towards dogs and people.
I would walk her on the street, muzzeled and all, and I'd be pulling with all my might trying to keep her under control cuz some A-hole walks RIGHT up 'Can I pet your dog?" or "will it bite" UGH! Like, no, she does that when she's happy! I muzzel her so she won't lick you to death :-? :roll: :roll:

I've gotten the muzzle comment about the GL too :-? That one confuses me a lot.

I'm reminded of a comic I saw many years ago, might have been Grimm but I'm not sure. Dog is the car, yelling out the window to the dog that lives next door to it.
"Haha, I get to go in the car and you don't! I am going to the vet to be TUTUORED! Haha!'
Ok, not exactly word for word but it cracked me up.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Carolk9s']I'm reminded of a comic I saw many years ago, might have been Grimm but I'm not sure. Dog is the car, yelling out the window to the dog that lives next door to it.
"Haha, I get to go in the car and you don't! I am going to the vet to be TUTUORED! Haha!'
Ok, not exactly word for word but it cracked me up.[/quote]

:laugh2_2: :sweetCyberM:

I seen that! It's posted in my Vet's office! it's halarious! Poor dog :lol:

V says..........

[quote]Oh my last to add was not so much a comment but a statement at a work function.... PITBULL AND ROTTIE OWNERS DONT HAVE NICE HOMES SO THEY CAN HAVE THAT KIND OF DOG TEARING IT UP???
I replied yes all pitbulls owners are govt funded and live in trailer parks idiot.......
[/quote]

Well MY home is nice, except for what the [size=7]CATS[/size] have done to it!!!!! :evilbat: Well the carpet DOES need shampoiing since it has been raining for almost 2 months STRAIGHT!!!! And Munkee did chew the door frame but that's no big deal, take about $5.00 to fix it.

Debby

[quote]With K, people say stuff that makes me really upset and I never know what to respond. Often because K is a "big, black dog" she is really discriminated against and many of the other owners will walk away from us. I remember just a few days ago a woman was walking her shih tzu and they saw me and K. The woman started talking to her DOG and calling K a "big meany who's gonna hurt you if we go near him". [/quote]

Ugh, I hate that, I think it hits a little too close to home for me. A neighbour was walking up with her three kids and two of them were petting both dogs, however one was sticking close to Banzai. When his mother asked if she wanted to pet Shenanigans, he said no, because daddy told him that black people and black dogs are bad. Well did her face not turn red, me being interracial and a nice caramel colour could only look at her. Eventually she stumbled out with some poor excuse, but boy oh boy, does it ever bother me now that people don't like Shenanigans because he's a black dog. Poor baby. :(

[quote name='Shenanigans'][quote]With K, people say stuff that makes me really upset and I never know what to respond. Often because K is a "big, black dog" she is really discriminated against and many of the other owners will walk away from us. I remember just a few days ago a woman was walking her shih tzu and they saw me and K. The woman started talking to her DOG and calling K a "big meany who's gonna hurt you if we go near him". [/quote]

Ugh, I hate that, I think it hits a little too close to home for me. A neighbour was walking up with her three kids and two of them were petting both dogs, however one was sticking close to Banzai. When his mother asked if she wanted to pet Shenanigans, he said no, because daddy told him that black people and black dogs are bad. Well did her face not turn red, me being interracial and a nice caramel colour could only look at her. Eventually she stumbled out with some poor excuse, but boy oh boy, does it ever bother me now that people don't like Shenanigans because he's a black dog. Poor baby. :([/quote]

And people wonder why racism won't die, it is TAUGHT!

Debby

so K, the translation of "geholpen" is "helped", I assume? I like that you call neutering your animals "helping" them, if thats what it means...
or "served"...either way, it's a pleasant term. Even "serviced" is nice.

y'know...the whole black dog thing....Freebee is jet black with just a little white on her chest and feet. she's not exactly "big" (78 lbs) but she looks
just like a Lab, so everyone wants to pet her. Are Labs the exception to the black dog rule then? Maybe that's why all the shelters try to call their black dogs Lab X's....

Well, Jesse is a big, black, hairy, wolfie looking dog, I've had kids come right up to him and hug him, pat his face, kiss him, etc. Some adults have retreated a bit but as he ignores most people, no one has run in terror yet.
Many years ago, in Petsmart, a tiny little boy came up to Jesse, I swear I just turned my head for a second, and wrapped his arms around Jesse's neck. The boy was not even as tall as Jesse. The boy's father was about 15 feet away running his mouth. I said a quick silent thank you to Jesse's breeder for selecting for temperament. Jesse never flinched or reacted, just gazed at me ignoring the kid.

[quote name='Shenanigans'][quote]With K, people say stuff that makes me really upset and I never know what to respond. Often because K is a "big, black dog" she is really discriminated against and many of the other owners will walk away from us. I remember just a few days ago a woman was walking her shih tzu and they saw me and K. The woman started talking to her DOG and calling K a "big meany who's gonna hurt you if we go near him". [/quote]

Ugh, I hate that, I think it hits a little too close to home for me. A neighbour was walking up with her three kids and two of them were petting both dogs, however one was sticking close to Banzai. When his mother asked if she wanted to pet Shenanigans, he said no, because daddy told him that black people and black dogs are bad. Well did her face not turn red, me being interracial and a nice caramel colour could only look at her. Eventually she stumbled out with some poor excuse, but boy oh boy, does it ever bother me now that people don't like Shenanigans because he's a black dog. Poor baby. :([/quote]

**sigh** if you ever want the truth of a matter, talk to a small child...

that's ridiculous, but the poor kid cant help what his dad taught him.

My friend Char is black, really dark, and when people make stupid comments like that she says "you got something against night?"
they look at her in total confusion. and she says "night is black, and you wouldnt survive without it".

:evilbat:

[quote name='Carolk9s']Many years ago, in Petsmart, a tiny little boy came up to Jesse, I swear I just turned my head for a second, and wrapped his arms around Jesse's neck. The boy was not even as tall as Jesse. The boy's father was about 15 feet away running his mouth. I said a quick silent thank you to Jesse's breeder for selecting for temperament. Jesse never flinched or reacted, just gazed at me ignoring the kid.[/quote]

This has happened to me a few times with Mason at dog shows or agility trials. Child apearing out of nowhere just his head height suddenly hanging from Mason's neck. I found it very unnerving....we don't have kids and Mason has had little exposure to them. I also have done that silent thank you to his breeder for breeding dogs with great temperaments!

Oh yeah...it always seems that those same parents who let their kid run up to a strange dog and grab it weren't all that concerned until they realized that their kid had latched onto a Doberman. Really dumb, like only a Dobe could be a danger to a kid who feels free to run up and grab a strange dog.

Guest Mutts4Me

[quote name='Yoladybug']I get "did you know your dog's ears don't stand up all the way."

Ya know...no, I've never noticed :roll:[/quote]

LOL :)

Everyone may be sick of me popping into the dog conversations with stories about the Cats, but I can't help it.

We have two three-legged cats. Tabitha, a tiger, and Harley, and African Serval. Well, one day I'm working outside and a little girl comes up to me very seriously.

"Excuse me, Miss?"

"Hi, can I help you?"

"Well, I was just wondering, did you know that that cat over there *points out Harley* is missing one of its legs?"

It was really sweet, she really was trying to help, but my goodness, I'd hate to think we wouldn't notice something like that :)

Oh, and I always wanted to get Sasha one of those halters (Haltis, whatever. They're horse halters for dogs :) ) to see if it'd stop her from pulling, but I've always been afraid that someone will think it's a muzzle and be afraid of her. Sasha gets offended when people are afriad of her and growls at them, so I've decided to try one of those no-pull harnesses when I go back home.

I have no pull harnesses for mine and they work really well. I tried the Halti's but both managed to get out of them. The ones I use have two legs with rings on them. a third leg with another ring, and a webbed oval. (they are webbed halters) the oval goes under a standard collar and sticks up front towards the head. the short leg with the ring lays on their backs. the two long legs go down in front, then wrap around the front of their legs behind them and then are brought back up to the neck. from there the two smaller rings on the longer legs are fed through the larger ring on the shorter leg, and then through the oval. this attaches the harness to the collars for extra safety. from there the two smaller rings are clipped to the leash. what happens is if they pull, the rings tighten the harness and it pulls on their legs and chest, not their throats. Having their legs and chest pulled against like that makes them stop walking when they pull. they eventually learn that if they pull, it's not comfortable on their legs. AND they get stopped at the chest as well. no damage to the throat, no gasping or wheezing. they just stop, cuz they dont like how it feels. Mine are both very well mannered on harness. Free still pulls a little, but much less and enjoys her harness walks.

I second the "no pull harness" recommendation ! I just picked one up for Lyra on Friday and it works like a charm.......she'll choke herself til her eyes bug out with a choke collar, but the harness stopped her pulling immediately....makes for a much more enjoyable walk :-? ......she's only 43 lbs, but I think she was a sled dog in a former life :roll:

I used to use a Gentle Leader or Halti on Loki to stop his pulling....that worked well too......but like everyone else I got tired of the "muzzle" comments and looks of terror from the general public everytime I walked him.......

[quote name='Nancy B']
This has happened to me a few times with Mason at dog shows or agility trials. Child apearing out of nowhere just his head height suddenly hanging from Mason's neck. I found it very unnerving....we don't have kids and Mason has had little exposure to them. I also have done that silent thank you to his breeder for breeding dogs with great temperaments!

Oh yeah...it always seems that those same parents who let their kid run up to a strange dog and grab it weren't all that concerned until they realized that their kid had latched onto a Doberman. Really dumb, like only a Dobe could be a danger to a kid who feels free to run up and grab a strange dog.[/quote]

At an agility trial I was at recently, there was a kid going up to dogs like that. She latched onto a friend of mine's Rotties, which was safe enough, but my friend told the kid's father he needed to stop her from doing that. Apparently, he was unsuccessful as the kid wound up being nipped by a Border Collie.

[quote name='Nancy B'][quote name='Carolk9s']Many years ago, in Petsmart, a tiny little boy came up to Jesse, I swear I just turned my head for a second, and wrapped his arms around Jesse's neck. The boy was not even as tall as Jesse. The boy's father was about 15 feet away running his mouth. I said a quick silent thank you to Jesse's breeder for selecting for temperament. Jesse never flinched or reacted, just gazed at me ignoring the kid.[/quote]

Oh yeah...it always seems that those same parents who let their kid run up to a strange dog and grab it weren't all that concerned until they realized that their kid had latched onto a Doberman. Really dumb, like only a Dobe could be a danger to a kid who feels free to run up and grab a strange dog.[/quote]

NANCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*insert delighted squeal here* Long time no see, welcome back!

I cannot stand untrained children. In my area, none of the restaurants have smoking sections, and I really think they should have kid and no kid sections. The last thing I want to do when shelling out money on food is to have to deal with someone else's child coming up and asking me a zillion questions. IE "What are you eating? Can I have some?" etc etc, when their parents are sitting ACROSS the restaurant assuming that everyone is overjoyed to have thier little monster trying to sit on their lap and eat their food.

I know I am going to have a ton of kids running up to pet my dog when I finally get him, and I am NOT looking forward to it.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='hillside']
NANCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*insert delighted squeal here* Long time no see, welcome back!

I cannot stand untrained children. In my area, none of the restaurants have smoking sections, and I really think they should have kid and no kid sections. [/quote]

Hi!!! *waving franticly* Glad to be back!

I get so annoyed with the parents who let their children run wild in resturants. I had a lovely skirt ruined by a kid with some sort of tomato sauce grabbing it.....stain never came out. OTOH, I've also dined out in resturants and been seated (cringing inside) near children who, to my astonishment, behaved wonderfully. Just like dogs, I don't blame the kids, I blame the parents!

What I find interesting is that things with kids at agility trials around here have gotten so bad that the following is in all the local trial premiums.
"It is expressly understood tha texhibitors alone are responsible for the behaviro of their dogs and/or children. an exhibitor whose dogs and/or children create unnecessary disturbances or repeatedly engage in unsafe or disruptive behavior may, at the discretion of the Show committee, be asked to leave the show site. In such cases, no refund of any fees paid will be made.

My biggest pet peeve in the entire world is when Im walking Taurus and Jada, and someones dog runs out of their house/ yard straight at us. Once the people see who they're running towards, they ussually scream " Oh no, don't go near those dogs, they'll eat you for breakfast..." and this is ussually followed by an auckward (sp??) laugh, and a hesitation to see if my dogs actually will "eat them for breakfast..."
This pi**es me off beyond belief. No my dogs will not eat your dogs for breakfast.... how dare you schout that out for everyone to hear.

Also, I love when people ask me if Jada is a pitbull ( I got that alot when she was a puppy ). When I would say no, they'd say ' Oh good, I wanted to make sure she wasn't going to bite me..." Duh... you think that a dog will not bite you so long as its not a pitbull??? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

that reminds me of something that happened not too long ago. we had this architect come to our house for something. when he came in roxy went over to get some lovin', so the guy started petting her and said, "wow, this is a really nice dog!" then he got this weird look on his face, pulled back a little and said, "it's not a pit bull mix or anything is it?" i said no and he looked so relieved and went back to petting her...until of course i said "she 100% purebred pit bull."

:shocked!: