Dogomania

Rarest Breed You've Met

Shenanigans

Guest Anonymous

Yes, our Elkhound (Fang) is getting old now. He is 12 years old. There was a breeder in Kentucy for many years. May still be there. So there are a few around our area. I have seen maybe 5 or 6 in the last 12 years.

They are very consistant. They all look and act just alike.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

They are really good dogs. Very easy to housebreak. Good with people and other dogs. Very smart. But Fang won't mind unless you are very near to him or have food in your hand. If there is no reward he is very stubborn. I have heard that is a breed trait.

EXACTLY! I have to call Taz in the house [i]three[/i] times, every time. And he is definitely, as the trainers say, "food motivated"! :lol: I found him easy to house train as well, and he is a star-people literally have stopped their cars to ask me about him. He is also loyal and protective and a big snuggler...I am so happy finally that someone also has this wonderful dog!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have 2 Chinese Cresteds and they must be rare around here because everyone that sees them says :o what the heck is that???? Like they are witnessing life fresh from mars or something. Other than that I havn't even heard of half of those dogs. Like the Leonb... whatever. I guess I see exotic rare breeds all the time, commonly referred to as "mutts". Some are pretty cute and exotic though. Most people around here own mutts or cattle dogs....blue heelers, border collies etc... english shepherd i guess i never met until i moved here.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I am not a huge AKC fan. I [b]LOVE RARE BREEDS[/b] so strange and wonderfull, I love my shilohs more than anything.

The Rarest breeds I have ever met are in order-

Peruvian Inca Orchid
Caucasian Ovtcharka
Bergamasco
Black Russian Terrier

You gotta love those Rare Breeds!

The rareset breed I've ever seen would have to be an Afghan Hound.It was hands down the most regal,beautiful dog I have ever seen.

I had the owner bailed up for over 15 minutes just asking questions and playing with him :lol: .Luckily she was a wonderful lady who seemed used to the attention.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='pkfloris']That i have met and now own is a Tatra mountain dog from Poland if some one can tell me how to insert a picture i would love to[/img][/quote]
Awww, Tatra is a breed from my country. They are really beautiful. :D

How to post a picture?It is very simple:
[img]here you have to insert an address of a photo with "http"[/img] :wink:

The rarest I've come across are a Thai Ridgeback (who looks quite a bit like my boy Beckham!), Dogue de Bordeaux, and Pharaoh Hound.

We live in Southern Orange County, CA - my French Bulldog is pretty rare around here, I've only come across 2 (other than mine & her sister).

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...