Dogomania

I'm a horriable mom :(

:( :( :( :( :(

I did something I've never done before, I took my anger out on my dogs. :cry: :cry: I've been going through a break-up with my partner of 7 yrs. I was so frustrated with Apollo, he was takeing forever for just a quick pee stop. He had to sniff every god forsakeing blade of grass. I got so mad, that I kicked him :cry: :oops: :oops: :cry: I broke down & started bawling. I don't know what came over me. If it's just the fact I'm dealing with some tough stuff. Or I've crossed the line into dog abuse :cry: I feel so bad now. I want to tell him I'm so sorry, but I don't know how. :(

There is nothing any of us could say that would make you feel worse then you feel about the whole thing. But you are human and we all have horrible days and now you realize just how upset you really are and that you need to get away from the situation when your that upset. Your not the worst person that ever lived we all do things we regret and your dog know you love him. What of the most wonderful things about dog is there capacity to always forgive you no matter what. He loves you and one incident won't change that. Now that you know you can change it. [img]http://mystrmitch.homestead.com/files/icon_hug.gif[/img]

Guest Anonymous

Our dogs have very short memories when it comes to their owners faults :wink:
You have not turned into an evil dog abuser. Just go on as usual and forget what happened...Apolla isnt giving it another thought.
Some times the stress of emotional situations can cause us to hurt the ones we love. When I broke up from a long term relationship I took my bad mood out on everyone who loved me and tried to help me.

Try to use your dogs for comfort, take them out to a nice spot where you like to hang out and throw sticks and play with them. This will help lighten your emotional load. Our furry friends tend to have a calming effect on us and shows us that life has so many small pleasures.

One thing that helped me get over my long term relationship was of course my dogs :wink: and the fact that no one in the world can make you happy except yourself. Just because you loose some one you thought you loved...love yourself more and enjoy your own company over any one elses. Of course don't take this too far and become a hermit. 8) things happen for a reason and some one better will come along...its the law of averages.

the law of averages is not balanced then, in my case.... :lol:

Dont woryy about it. I'm sure he's forgotten. If YOU remember it and not do it again, it will be a service to Apollo. Sometimes stress, and sadness, and sickness make us do stupid things. Last night, I was feeling very ill, and my son thought I was just being cranky, and started to pinch me. Usually it's a game we play, but he pinched too hard (probably because I wasnt playing back) and I picked up a can of veggies and almost threw it at him. I actually burst into tears, I was so upset. His response? "Well, WHY didnt yu tell me you dont feel well?" I had no logical answer for that.

so yes, it sometimes happens. I'm sure it wont happen again, it's just a stressed out time right now. Freebee almost knocked me off my feet coming in the door (and did knock me down the stairs the other day) and
I yelled, even though I know I shouldnt stand on the stairs and say "outsidies" and I know she insists on her kisses when I get home....

I'm sure you'll be fine.
And Apollo? He's probably already forgotten.

:angel:

Apollo forgives you I'm sure of it. Your the one that needs to forgive yourself. We all do stupid things to the ones we love but we have to learn from thoes experiences. Just go spend some play time with your puppers and everthing will be ok. :wink:

Guest Anonymous

If you cant control yourself perhaps you need to try to rehome your animals why you get your life together. It seems you have had quite a horrible time with things and you seem to be taking on far to much, and your dogs ( all of them past and present) have paid the price. You are being far to selfish, and you know those animals deserve better!

Annonymous, take your sanctimonious, self righteous attitude and shove it, I'm most certain she feels bad enough withoput you coming in here to comment :evil: .

Sharpei sweetie, relax and take a deep breath, you may have acted out of anger and lost it for a moment, but believe me when I say Apollo has forgiven you already, so please forgive yourself :puppydogeyes: . Everyone has said or done something they're not proud of at one time or another, to learn from it and move on is now what's important :kciuki:

[quote name='annonymous']If you cant control yourself perhaps you need to try to rehome your animals why you get your life together. It seems you have had quite a horrible time with things and you seem to be taking on far to much, and your dogs ( all of them past and present) have paid the price. You are being far to selfish, and you know those animals deserve better![/quote]

I don't know who you are, but you have no right to tell me to rehome my animals. I care about my dogs, and all my animals. How do you come on here saying I'm abusive, I screwed up one time. And do you know what happened with Sassy, if not, don't say that she paid the price from my anger. Cause that's Bull Shit!!! Selfish?? How in the fuck am I being selfish??? They give me comfort, and you can kiss my Ass. :evil:

[quote name='Sharpeigirl']I don't know who you are, but you have no right to tell me to rehome my animals. I care about my dogs, and all my animals. How do you come on here saying I'm abusive, I screwed up one time. And do you know what happened with Sassy, if not, don't say that she paid the price from my anger. Cause that's Bull sh*t!!! Selfish?? How in the f**k am I being selfish??? They give me comfort, and you can kiss my a**. :evil:[/quote]

You go girl!! Now isn't that far much better than yelling at your furbabies! You are a great mommy to those 2 and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!! Sending big hugs and kisses your way. You'll get through this! :calus:

[quote name='K']It *may* sound wierd to some...but things can get a bit stressed here with 6 kids and 5 dogs...whodathunkit eh?...but what I do in the boiling over with anger situations is lock myself in the bathroom...make a wad of toilet paper...hold it by my mouth and [b]SCREAM![/b]....I used to throw things but when I started running out of crockery it was time to stop :oops:[/quote]

I like that idea K, just lock myself in the Bathroom & scream really loudlly. Or take my 12 gague out back and shot some pop cans :lol: I'm a good shot, haven't shot my foot yet :lol: :lol: