Dogomania

These people have no love for there pets.

Shannon_C

This really p*** me off about people who just give there dogs up like they are some kind of toy they can pass on, why have them in the first place

30th May Rhodesian Ridgeback Needs a Home - Chester, UK
Simbre is a 17 month old male Rhodesian Ridgeback - click here for breed information and photo. He has a lovely temperament and needs a large space which sadly we don't have. For more information please e-mail [email][email protected][/email] Area: Chester, UK

[b][color=darkred]AND THIS ONE BELOW[/color][/b] really makes me angry.
30th May Staffie Needs a Home - Oldham, Lancs, UK
Taz is a 2 year old neutered male Staffordshire Bull Terrier. He is black with slight brindle markings. He requires a good loving home. He gets on with my JRT but he tends to forget she is only little and often plays a bit hard with her (although she gives as good as she gets). He really loves one on one attention that is the only reason I am looking for a good home for him. Ideally so that my JRT is not on her own, I would love another JRT boy up to 2 years old. For more information please e-mail [email][email protected][/email] Area: Oldham, Lancs, UK

30th May Rottweiler Needs a Home - Miramar, Florida, USA
German Rottweiler, 5 years old needs a loving home. Click here for photo. Neutered, housebroken. Great with other dogs and cats. Very loving and loves lots of attention. The owner are starting a family real soon and the dog is not good with small children. Would be ideal for an adult family. For more information please e-mail [email][email protected][/email] Area: Miramar, Florida, USA

[color=darkred][b]THIS ONE IS A LOAD OF BULL[/b][/color] How is that poor dog going to feel.
30th May Maremma Sheepdog Needs a Home - Greensboro/Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA
Lana is a seven year old Maremma Sheepdog - click here for breed information and photo, brought to North Carolina from the UK earlier this year. She is a pedigree dog bred in the hills of Wales and I have had her since she was a puppy. She is a beautiful, large white dog, fairly small for a Maremma and typical Maremma temperament. These dogs guard the flocks of sheep on the hillsides of Italy and will bark at anything they see as a threat. They are not attack dogs, but are suspicious of strangers and do not like a stranger trying to be friendly to them before they have sized them up. Once you have been accepted, they are very friendly. The problem I have is that she is jealous of my four year old, who came along after she had already established her place in the family. Since arriving in the US she has been unsettled and snapped at him a couple of weeks ago, so that he is now frightened of her. Maremmas are not good animals to have with young children. I remember the breeder telling me this, but at the time I didn't intend to have any more children. Lana would be best rehomed on a farm or similar situation and perhaps where there are other dogs, as she generally gets on very well with other animals. Once she is your friend, she will guard you and protect you, but it takes a day or two for her to get used to someone new. and would be prepared to bring her to a new owner or have a new owner visit until both Lana and any new owner were at ease with each other. It may be possible to train her to guard livesttock, although she has never been a working dog. These dogs have very strong guarding insticts and have been trained to guard Sheep, Llamas, Alpacas and even hens! We would keep her if we could trust her around our young son, but as he is also frightened of her, she ends up spending most of the day in a dog pen and feeling very unhappy and left out. If you would like more information please email [email][email protected][/email]
Area: Greensboro/Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA.

You can read more here:
[url]http://notices.dogrescue.net/[/url]

i am not condoning (sp?) any of these stories. I am just pointing out that somethings do happen unexpectedly and it is better for the dog to go to a new home. In my case, I have had my pomeranian for going on 4 years. I got him when i lived alone, and worked during the day. he had everything he needed, vet visits, toys, exercise... ect. this year i unexpectantly had a baby and a little over a year ago i started night school. so now im gone during the day and night and all the other time is devoted to my 5 month old. so i am a full time employee full time student and full time mommy. I love my pom to death and he was always my first baby, but i can just not afford what he needs right now, grooming, vet visits, ect... and god forbid something bad happen to him i wont be able to afford that either. I as well do not have the time he needs for love and affection. Now should i make him stay in my home and suffer or work with a rescue and find him a good home? I love him to much to make him suffer. I have been working with the central virginia pomeranian rescue for finding him a good home, but this has been over a month and he was due for his shots last month. so dreadfully i am forced with making the decision of giving him to the rescue leader so she can foster him and find him a good home as well get his necessary shots and needs. now am i a bad or irresponsible owner? i do not feel i am becasue i am putting his needs first, i would love to keep him but refuse to make him suffer. Sorry about my rant, i am upset about this situation. :bigcry:

[quote name='LadyG757']i am not condoning (sp?) any of these stories. I am just pointing out that somethings do happen unexpectedly and it is better for the dog to go to a new home. In my case, I have had my pomeranian for going on 4 years. I got him when i lived alone, and worked during the day. he had everything he needed, vet visits, toys, exercise... ect. this year i unexpectantly had a baby and a little over a year ago i started night school. so now im gone during the day and night and all the other time is devoted to my 5 month old. so i am a full time employee full time student and full time mommy. I love my pom to death and he was always my first baby, but i can just not afford what he needs right now, grooming, vet visits, ect... and god forbid something bad happen to him i wont be able to afford that either. I as well do not have the time he needs for love and affection. Now should i make him stay in my home and suffer or work with a rescue and find him a good home? I love him to much to make him suffer. I have been working with the central virginia pomeranian rescue for finding him a good home, but this has been over a month and he was due for his shots last month. so dreadfully i am forced with making the decision of giving him to the rescue leader so she can foster him and find him a good home as well get his necessary shots and needs. now am i a bad or irresponsible owner? i do not feel i am becasue i am putting his needs first, i would love to keep him but refuse to make him suffer. Sorry about my rant, i am upset about this situation. :bigcry:[/quote]

[color=darkred]People should think more about the future, what they might expect from it before deciding to take in a dog or any other pet.
Because a dog should be for life not just given away when something comes up. A dog becomes part of the family and many are still puppies when there owners decide they have had enough.
(many will agree with me here) a child would not be treated the same way, wanted one minute and not the next so why treat a dog like that.
It doesn't matter if they have been loved and cared for during there stay, its awful to see a dog pining for its owner, not interesting in anything other than just lying there and believe me I have seen it.

I have a 3 month old baby girl and 3 dogs. Do you think I could give my dogs away after all those years of bringing them up with love and attention.
[b]I think not.[/b] They are my babies and this is where they will always stay

I never thought I would ever have a baby because I saw my dogs has my only babies but we changed and the decision was made to have a baby who is precious to us but not ever to get rid of our pets.[/color]

Guest Anonymous

The last one makes me really angry... people who give their dogs up because they have a kid all of a sudden... they should definately plan ahead...but even that's not my point...

The main thing is alot of people don't even know how to introduce a new baby into the dog's life... so the dog either becomes posessive or jealous...feels left out...ugh..that just pisses me off...do it the easy way..get rid of a 7 YEAR OLD DOG... 7 years old for crying out loud...ugh..poor thing...that should be illegal!

Guest Anonymous

To the responce to the person with the 3 month old...

are you married or single? do you have help with your baby and your child?

before you past judgement ask questions. i never planned on having kids at least no time soon. when i got my pom 4 years ago my time was devoted to him. i unexpectedly got pregnant WHILE ON BIRTH CONTROL! i am at work 8-5 and school 6-10. my son takes up the time in between. now my question is, since i love my dog so much wouldnt you think it would be best for him to be in a home where he gets what he needs? before this i had the finances to completely take care of him. I am a single mom, and my son's only source of income, the father refuses to help out, after our 2 year relationship he has shown his true colors. so i am suppose to keep my dog in a home where he can not get the attention, vet attention, and everything else he needs? what if something happens to him, i am suppose to let him suffer? so you all suggest i leave him crated all day? no i can not afford doggie daycare, no i do not have anyone to come to my house to let him out and play with him. if i was to keep him and tell that story you all would say he was neglect and abused! :evil:

Lady......You are different to the ones who just dump their pets we aren't completely heartless and I'm sure there are some circumstances that can't be helped.........although it is very sad :(

In the last 2 weeks I have been offered 2 dogs a Springer and a GSD I have found a good home for the Springer and maybe one for the GSD but you know the reasons in both cases were "we are moving abroad"........how is that a reason ? :roll:

[quote name='Anonymous']To the responce to the person with the 3 month old...

are you married or single? do you have help with your baby and your child?

before you past judgement ask questions. i never planned on having kids at least no time soon. when i got my pom 4 years ago my time was devoted to him. i unexpectedly got pregnant WHILE ON BIRTH CONTROL! i am at work 8-5 and school 6-10. my son takes up the time in between. now my question is, since i love my dog so much wouldnt you think it would be best for him to be in a home where he gets what he needs? before this i had the finances to completely take care of him. I am a single mom, and my son's only source of income, the father refuses to help out, after our 2 year relationship he has shown his true colors. so i am suppose to keep my dog in a home where he can not get the attention, vet attention, and everything else he needs? what if something happens to him, i am suppose to let him suffer? so you all suggest i leave him crated all day? no i can not afford doggie daycare, no i do not have anyone to come to my house to let him out and play with him. if i was to keep him and tell that story you all would say he was neglect and abused! :evil:[/quote]

[color=darkred]Lady.

This was not aiming at you and I understand your circumstances rehoming the dog and you did the right thing, but you said that people have no choice but to rehome there dogs. Some do have the choice, some don't. So i simply stated that people should think about what they are taking on before deciding to have a dog but its either that they don't think to or don't care. Like these one,s [b]BELOW[/b]

Look at the age of this dog, why did the family have it if they haven't got the room. In other words he got fed up of the dog and decided he should go.
30th May Rhodesian Ridgeback Needs a Home - Chester, UK
Simbre is a 17 month old male Rhodesian Ridgeback - click here for breed information and photo. He has a lovely temperament and needs a large space which sadly we don't have. For more information please e-mail [email][email protected][/email] Area: Chester, UK

And this one.
It say's both dogs get along but the Staffordshire Bull Terrier plays to rough with his JRT, isn't there a simple thing like stopping him. my Bullmastiff used to play rough with my little Westie but I soon stopped him. Well it seems this person wants another JRT. You don't just get rid of a dog to get another, just because it plays to rough.
30th May Staffie Needs a Home - Oldham, Lancs, UK
Taz is a 2 year old neutered male Staffordshire Bull Terrier. He is black with slight brindle markings. He requires a good loving home. He gets on with my JRT but he tends to forget she is only little and often plays a bit hard with her (although she gives as good as she gets). He really loves one on one attention that is the only reason I am looking for a good home for him. Ideally so that my JRT is not on her own, I would love another JRT boy up to 2 years old. For more information please e-mail [email][email protected][/email] Area: Oldham, Lancs, UK

and yes I did mention people with children, a lot of them put there reasons to getting rid of a dog on there children, but sometimes this is not the case, its usally they have had enough or they simply don't want it anymore.[/color]

I agree that some of those "reasons" seem phony, but I also agree with Sasha and K that Lady is trying to do the best she can in a very hard situation. I am sorry she cant keep her pup, but she is correct that it would be better off in a home with attention and proper medical care.
At least she shows she cares by trying to rehome it, instead of the typical shelter dump 'n' run we see so often. Sometimes life throws some very unfair curves.....

Lady, best of luck to you in rehoming your Pom. You have the option of taking the father to court to force him to pay child support. and I would if I were you. If you are here in the US, it's a felony to skip out on child support.

courtnek- yeah i know, and i am trying, i dont know where he is and he is not working to avoid it being taken out of his check, he is being supported by his family

the chairperson came and got phoenix this morning, she is going to foster him until she finds him a good home. she is going to train him to do therapy work which really pleased me. she really liked his temperment and said he would be great. she is also going to list my contact info in his adoption papers so the new owners can contact me with any questions. i am crushed but i know this is for the best. :bigcry:

[quote name='LadyG757']courtnek- yeah i know, and i am trying, i dont know where he is and he is not working to avoid it being taken out of his check, he is being supported by his family

the chairperson came and got phoenix this morning, she is going to foster him until she finds him a good home. she is going to train him to do therapy work which really pleased me. she really liked his temperment and said he would be great. she is also going to list my contact info in his adoption papers so the new owners can contact me with any questions. i am crushed but i know this is for the best. :bigcry:[/quote]

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!! SOME PEOPLE!!! They're SUPPORTING him Knowing he's not supporting his own child???? God, what is WRONG with people????

apparently they have no grandparently instincts in them....

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :agrue: :agrue: