Dogomania

how much contact do you have with your dog's breeder,

imported_nea

or whoever you got your dog/dogs from? :)

I don't have that much contact with Webby's breeder, but fairly much I guess. We went to a puppy-meet in January and met her at a show last month. But if I have any questions I can email her and get a good answer, often pretty soon after I email her. :)

I see the breeder of my Newf's just about every day. She is a good frind of mine, I was friends with her before she started giving me all of these Newf's :wink:
If I'm not careful she will sneak more Newf's into my home. She is very good at doing this...she asks if I'll take one home for a sleep over, then asks how they made out...then suggest the dog would do very well living with me and my group. How can I say no??? currently I have been having a one of my bitchs pups over for sleep overs..she is about 12 weeks now?? I can't remember exactly...I can see that she will probably be staying for good. The breeder already has alot of Newf's living with her, and she likes to keep her "best" close by...either at my home or another friends home.
She also buys all the food for my Newf's, pays for vet bills, obedience classes, any registration fee's for obedience trials (my dogs are all finished in the comformation ring)...they only thing I have to do is love them and of course keep them groomed (I work in a grooming shop, so this is pretty easy for me) :wink:

[color=darkred]I would of loved to have kept in touch with Charlies breeder but unfortunately it was not meant to be. Sue was killed in a car accident on her way to a show just after I had him :( Its a shame, has she was very well known at shows and I had only seen her the once when I went to see her kennel of Bullmastiffs and then again when we picked Charlie up.

The kennels has since been taken over by Sue's sister-in-law in Scotland.[/color]

Guest Anonymous

We got Zoey from a pound so we dont talk with them.. but i talk to Cody's rescue group ALL THE TIME !! We email back and forth allt he time, i go up north and visit her about 2 saturdays a month when she's at petsmart adopting out kitties, and then about every 6 months we head up to their place for the day ;)

Well under tha circumstances that I got Marley No I don't keep in contact with the breeder that I got her from and Paige came from a oops litter on the next block over. The lady we bought her from was deaf, she had 7 kids and we felt more confident getting a puppy from her (after we knew they were in good health of course!) because we knew we were probably helping to buy her kids X-mas presents! Although I don't go and talk to her very often I do wave everytime I see her out.

Guest Anonymous

I have contact with eveyone Ive ever gotten a dog from with the exception of Nancy S. She died a couple years ago but was the best dog lady Ive ever known.
[quote]If I'm not careful she will sneak more Newf's into my home. She is very good at doing this...she asks if I'll take one home for a sleep over, then asks how they made out...then suggest the dog would do very well living with me and my group. [/quote]
I am constantly doing this to my friends! :D

both of mine are rescues. freeebee is a mutt, her owner just wanted to get rid of her. I dont know who Laurel's breeder was, she is a purebred, but belonged to a hunt club before I got her. I keep in contact with Laurel's
"foster moms" all the time. I send them pictures and updates.

I forgot to mention my Rottie and Dobie:

I do not know who owned either of these dogs, so of course I don't know the breeders :-?

My Rottie was confiscated from a bad situation, her owner was in jail and he left Athena chained in his backyard with no shelter and had a couple of drunks down the road plop an open bag of dog food down for her when they remembered. She was taken by the SPCA, I am friends with the SPCA officer who took her though. :wink:

My Dobie Beau, I found half starved running down the side of a busy road. It took me 3 months to get him healthy enough to be neutered and vaccinated. He is a lovely (yet very weird looking) dog and has fit into my group very well. I don't know who owned him, I have a feeling he was just dumped and was on the run for quite some time.

I forgot to mention my Rottie and Dobie:

I do not know who owned either of these dogs, so of course I don't know the breeders :-?

My Rottie was confiscated from a bad situation, her owner was in jail and he left Athena chained in his backyard with no shelter and had a couple of drunks down the road plop an open bag of dog food down for her when they remembered. She was taken by the SPCA, I am friends with the SPCA officer who took her though. :wink:

My Dobie Beau, I found half starved running down the side of a busy road. It took me 3 months to get him healthy enough to be neutered and vaccinated. He is a lovely (yet very weird looking) dog and has fit into my group very well. I don't know who owned him, I have a feeling he was just dumped and was on the run for quite some time.

Guest Anonymous

I want Cassie's breeder...LOL

Actually I love my Newf's breeder, we stay in contact every few months or when the next event is. Sadly she contacted me today as she had to put one of her dogs down. I gave her a call, but she wasn't home so chatted with her daughter for a moment. I REALLY hate the phone, but it's a necessity as she lives about 200 klicks away. Nevertheless we chat about our lives, I'm not as involved in dogs as I used to be so she has to catch me up on all the gossip.

I don't talk to Banzai's breeder much anymore, they're fairly busy as are we. We did use to train a lot together before Banzai retired, now we'll chat a couple of times a year.

Guest Anonymous

I regularly send my GSD's breeder emails to give them updated progress on my boy.... but I rarely get a response.

I don't think I will bother in future.

With Stubby's breeder I was in contact with her until he turned 2 years old and I had his hips x-rayed. They turned out bad and I have not heard a word from her since (over a year). Probably because she now owes me a puppy.
Bay's breeder I was in contact with for several months before her dam was even bred. I am still in contact with her and we email alot and also phone once in awhile. They are also on several GSD email lists and forums that I am on. We co-own her so I'm sure the contact will last for the life of our girl.