Dogomania

Need a little help!!

Hey there, first of all the very best of luck with your venture and I hope it all goes well for you. A few years back I started up a similar venture of dog walking and pet sitting and called it Canine Companions, which as it developed wasn't very suitable and it was slightly adapted to Critter companions as I was petsitting for all sorts including goats and parrots! Its a lot of hard work, but also fun and you do tend to acquire some favourites. Although i don't do this sort of thing on a regular basis now, I still petsit for two Irish wolfhounds who are a pleasure to sit for. :D

Good luck! :wink:

[quote name='DeafAussieLover']Hey!! How's Bussiness going> sorry i'm not creative at all.. lol no help from me[/quote]

Hiya! No need to apologize - there are probably tons of people on this site who will fill in where ya couldn't. No biggie!

Thanks for asking about business. Its umm okay! *LOL* I don't know why its not going all that good. I'm waiting to make a business card and flyers until I get my company name of course. I'm planning on have two people work for me: Kevin, my fianc

If you haven't found it already, there is a website, and a forum, just for people in the dog walking/pet sitting business. Lots of people here who have started and now run their own successful doggie businesses.

[url]http://www.petsitters.com/[/url]

[url]http://mb.petsitters.com/forum/[/url]

Here's a tip that might help. Whatever name you choose, try to find something that starts as close to the beginning of the alphabet as possible. Something like "A Dog's Day Out" or "A Dog's Best Friend." Those are just examples. The reasoning behind this is that it will put you closer to the top of the list of names in the Yellow Pages of the phone book (if you have that? I really don't know if yellow pages is a international thing :oops: ). That can be a big help for new businesses because many people flipping through the phone book just start calling numbers in the order they come to them and if yours starts with an A, you might be the first person they call. :wink:

Good luck. :)

Hi Horsefeathers!!!

We have the yellow pages here in Canada too! I'm guessing its made its way around. :wink: Thanks for the ideas and suggestion! I'll be sure to use a name with A...and actually, about that, I looove your idea!!!! Do you mind if I use it? I like "A Dog's Day out". It doesn't have to be just walking it could be pooper scoopering and stuff too..that's why I LOVE it!!! I might change it a little to "A Pet's Day out" or some thing along those lines. Do ya care??

Thanks bunches dear! :D:D

[quote name='Mutt_Lady']Hi Horsefeathers!!!

We have the yellow pages here in Canada too! I'm guessing its made its way around. :wink: Thanks for the ideas and suggestion! I'll be sure to use a name with A...and actually, about that, I looove your idea!!!! Do you mind if I use it? I like "A Dog's Day out". It doesn't have to be just walking it could be pooper scoopering and stuff too..that's why I LOVE it!!! I might change it a little to "A Pet's Day out" or some thing along those lines. Do ya care??

Thanks bunches dear! :D:D[/quote]

I don't mind a bit. They were just suggestions, but if you can use them, go right ahead. I'm glad if I was able to help. :)

Dog, I'm so sheltered. It never occurred to me that "The Yellow Pages" would be all around the world...Hang on to them. They are quickly losing steam to the online "Yellow Pages"....they may become a collectors item some day.

I like "A Dog's Day out"....that's catchy....

[quote name='courtnek']I like "A Dog's Day out"....that's catchy....[/quote]

Me too! That's what I liked so much about it! But then I realized that I will probably be "babysitting" a lot of animals other than just dogs. Obviously that will be my main focus...but still, I thought maybe a title that tells everything would be better. I've already sitted a parrot and his friend, Pringles the Cat. I also got a phone call this morning for some one who was wondering if I could watch their iguana for a couple of weeks while they went on a business venture. :o So I wanted to change it into "A Pet's Day out" but then I realized it just doesn't flow the way "A dog's day out" does. :( Which I think really STINKS!!! So if anyone has suggestions on a name that has pets in it or basically hints at numerous kinds of species..I'm all ears. :D:P That means you, Horsefeathers!!!;);)

[quote name='courtnek']A Day of Pet's 'N' Play? (still trying to start with an "A")[/quote]

Courtnek! You are a genius! I loved all of your suggestions! Thanks so much for participating and letting me know of your utter brilliance. :lol: Those suggestions were AWESOME!! I especially loved the one I quoted above. Sheer genius! Well done!!! "A Day of Pets 'N Play" gosh I looove it! I think that may just be the name I stick with. But I'm gonna look a bit more. Thnx so much!!! :D:D

Guest Anonymous

A dog's day out is a no go but you like it..s o how about

A animal's day out
or
Animals day out?

it still starts with A and still kinda catchy

why? I think it rocks!!

theres a grooming place by where I work called "Chez Paws"....I always thought that was cute.

for anyone who may not know, "Chez Paul's" is an exclusive, expensive french restaurant (my french is a little rusty, I think it means "Paul's House)

so Paws House is kinda cute....

:D :D

:lol::lol::lol: ROFL!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Doggy Style! He he he! That actually would be a GREAT name..if people like me didn't take it the wrong way. :oops: He he, sorry!! But that name would be pretty cool. I think it would be great for grooming biz. Do you still have that biz or did you decide against it??