Dogomania

why do people like UGLY dogs and MEAN dogs?

Guest Anonymous

I've been staying away from this topic for a while, unwilling to give up my precious time for such an idiot, but decided to have another look and her stupidity was just too funny and I found that I couldn't stop reading :lol:

Well, I think I have discovered why she thinks Bull Terriers have no nose, for those who have been wondering -

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0agAkA5AgzdK2ez3jaolxZJJb!!PA1NRV6MfMJE6T9MeyE1MrHYCfvL6ayvM1AOtjOMaXDEbg2vdFtLYOyPsYPDmHQFp!k0utm7XonQouyElRrXFbRluniDV4dEb*mG7gH9Jtkb7bOAtWB8Cg57NZJVjAsOqgNb6Z/The%20mighty%20arse%20of%20Kobi.JPG?dc=4675473597149855778[/img]

- She has been looking at the wrong end! :lol: :lol: :lol:

A few questions for you Rabid:

- How old are you?

- What would you consider a beautiful dog?

- What would you consider a friendly dog?

- Would you consider yourself beautiful? Or are you just taking out your own insucuritys on other peoples dogs? - Why would you think thats acceptable? As a human being, surely you would know better!

- Would you consider yourself a friendly person?

Ok, that last one is a bit of a joke, as you are so obviously a MEAN person, why would you discriminate against MEAN dogs? (which, by the way, aren't even mean, just a product of your highly over active imagination)

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh by the way, I think Montie (the dog in my sig) is the absolutly most gorgeous thing in the world - though I would imagine that at least one person out there would think he's ugly - does that make him ugly? Or any less worthy of my love? No, so long as I think he's the ants pants thats all that matters. The world doesn't revolve around you rabid, just because you think one dog is ugly, doesn't mean that everyone else agrees, so get over yourself and get a life - if not for your own good, do it for the rest of the world who have to listen to your idiodic oppinions.

Guest Anonymous

wow, does everyone always argue and slam each other like this here all the time? I see so many threads doing that, just wondering.

Guest Anonymous

[quote]Almost all of the people who are afraid of them have never met one in their life [/quote]

I have met one, and unfortunatley, so did my dog.[/code]

Guest Anonymous

[quote]We definately WOULD have respected you Rabid if you would have come in here with an HONEST question,[/quote]

that was an honest question, it certainly wasnt a lie, I had always wonder this and I asked. All you can do is call me names. I dont care. Shows how mean and ugly you are.

Hazelnutmeg...your post was good.
I wasnt insulted, and was given the best info. yet.
Made me think about those dogs and how they care for their owners.
Too bad the others couldnt see thru the insults in their heads.
I feel better about those "less than pretty dogs"

DONT let this "guest"take you off..thats what they want. THIS post was about a troll who wanted to slam "ugly' and "mean" dogs.

DONT FEED THE TROLLS! I gave him a chance to come clean and ask a real question...I doubt he will.. DONT FEED THE TROLLS

Guest Anonymous

[quote]I gave him a chance to come clean and ask a real question...I doubt he will.. [/quote]

a "real" question??? like what??
Whats the weather forecast for Lewiston, Idaho?
I asked the question I wanted to ask.
What, do you think its fake? Did I forget the question mark?
What???? :roll:

[quote]I'm mean and ugly for defending the dogs I love?[/quote]

ummmmmmmmmm anybody there??? Did you read the sentance before. Did I say that???

I was getting in better spirits after reading Hazelnutmegs post. I was starting to understand. Really I was. Why do you continue to make me turn back around??

BTW there is a post about a pit attacking a child. Guess what?
I didnt make that up. OH YEAH ITS TRUE!!!!!
I didnt post it either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How bout that? :lol:

Guest Anonymous

I got through to you? I feel special now :lol: I can't believe you liked it concidering I said my crotch sniffing dog has more manners then you :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do HONESTLY think that Rabid's not a troll, just young and not taught properlly how to ask questions polietly. But if he/she can't learn, I really don't think they'll fit in here at all... :-? And probably best to leave. I like differnet opinions, and there are plenty here, but when you state your opinion so rudely that causes trouble and hurt feelings, it makes you no better then a troll unfortantly :-?

Rabid, if you come here being rude and inconsiderate don't expect everybody to drop to their knees and praise you - you get what you give and you have been extremely critical and closed minded, so stop acting as though we're the baddies. Until you can give a good and honest apology to all the people you have tried to offend or belittle on here please don't make out as though we are the ones in the wrong. I suggest you go back and read all the responces to what you have asked - there are some decent responces in this thread - READ THEM!!! Until then, stop being so closed minded and stop attacking other peoples dogs, and if thats what you want to do then DONT EXPECT US TO BE NICE TO YOU! :roll:

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Aroura']Rabid, if you come here being rude and inconsiderate don't expect everybody to drop to their knees and praise you - you get what you give and you have been extremely critical and closed minded, so stop acting as though we're the baddies. Until you can give a good and honest apology to all the people you have tried to offend or belittle on here please don't make out as though we are the ones in the wrong. I suggest you go back and read all the responces to what you have asked - there are some decent responces in this thread - READ THEM!!! Until then, stop being so closed minded and stop attacking other peoples dogs, and if thats what you want to do then DONT EXPECT US TO BE NICE TO YOU! :roll:[/quote]

:klacz: I agree, I think I speak for everyone when I say, an apology would be nice, and a change of ways... but that's just if Rabid thinks it's worth sticking around Dogo.

There is a difference in suggesting that you don't prefer a particular breed in a mature tactful manner than to suggest it is ugly and mean and proceed to name off which ones and why... That is not grounds for discussion those are grounds for looking for and instigating a flaming match, I don't care how old you are or how you grew up common sense tells you that.

For the record, that is not what this forum is here for. If you want to have a discussion (which I honestly don't believe is the case since your actions in the way you state things speak louder than what your words are... (please don't "play dumb" with us we are not stupid))... then discuss and be mature about it. If your motives are other than that please leave.

Play dumb all you want, I don't think many here are buying into it.

Guest Anonymous

I came here looking for advice on wireless fencing

But i come to a dog lovers site and see... hatred. Reminds me of rush liimbaugh land more than a place for pet lovers.

This guy made a statement of opinion (ugly dogs.. and yes there are ugly dogs.. there are even ugly babies. Hate to shock you) along with an inaccurate statement "mean dogs".. btw pit bulls are the most loving dog breed ive Ever seen. When raised with love they make labrador retrievers look positively unsociable. To the future owner of one be prepared to spend a lot of time covered in slobber and dog fur.

I know how prejudices are. Angel is my 4 year old jet black chow/wolf. People freak at the concept. John is her son. He's chow/wolf/sharpeigh and about the size of a small horse. People are terrified of angel because of her breed. They're terrified of john because of his size. Johns favorite thing is to cover you with slobber from 10 feet away with the worlds longest tongue . He can literally coat your entire lower arm in one lick!
Angels is to jump and run and chase things.. and play.. but only with me. She is terrified of people and will run away from them. She wont 'defend her territory' she will literally flee her own home. A teen neighbor got bit by her 2 years ago. His mother was irate. (John is the offspring of one of their sharpei). I didnt want to mention to her that her son had a habit of walking by my house and taunting them, throwing sticks and rocks in their direction etc etc etc (you know the type) so angel nicked his lower calf. Of course angel gets the blame for being one of "those dogs" rather than the kid who from the time she wsas a puppy has thrown rocks and sticks at yer, yelled at her and taunted her.

Now back to my real point. You've just alienated someone who likes dogs. And made him think you are all whackos reactionary jerks. all you had to do was inform him that the ONLY way pit bulls etc get mean are because their owners make them that way. Or that "to those of us who love xxxxxxbreedhere they are the most beautiful dogs! We find other breeds sortof unpretty compared! But please dont say it that way its sortof insultin".

Instead you all went off on attacks, tirades and idiocy. If you want to educate people about animals, dogs in particular, you should consider that it might be much easier if you dont equate them with hitler for not using the sites particular politically correct speech.

I am new to this board, and troll or not... It's bad enough that Pit Bulls get bad press, we don't need it here. I love my Pit Bulls, and wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. I would translate what Titan was saying in the pic, but it's not appropriate, lol.
[img]http://pic13.picturetrail.com/VOL460/2197569/4288192/54586561.jpg[/img]

My real point was that i dont think the guy was trolling or meant to be offensive (though the 'vicious breed' bs REALLY pisses me off). and its much better to make a convert than an enemy. Wouldnt you rather have him ,thee next time he hears the press say "mean breed" yell out "bullshoot" ? I would

As for the real trolls have attem :)

[quote name='Anonymous'][quote]ARE HAIRLESS DOGS UGLY?![/quote]

if their german shepards, then YES!!
but i know which breed you mean, the Chineese Crested.
Yes its ugly and thank you for reminding me of that breed.
[/quote]

:lol: HAHAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

Sorry... Well it must be pretty weird how you think of only Chinese Cresteds when you hear the word: HAIRLESS... The truth is that there are other hairless dogs such as Peruvian Inca Orchid (Perro Sin Pelo Del Peru), Mexican Hairless Dogs (Xoloizcuintli) and American Hairless Terriers... Then when we go outside dogs there are hairless cats (Sphynx) and hairless mice... rats... even hairless guinea pigs!!

With all these hairless creatures you have to wonder that if people have allowed these gene mutations to grow... Do THEY think they are beautifull?? ABSOLUTELY!!

I love hairless creatures!! (allthough allso hairy creatures. ;-)) I wouldn't change them for anything. Yup, my first thought when I saw one was UGLY, but... It took me a week and I thought that the dogs looked absolutely gorgeous!!

As for German SHEPHERDS (see, I'm learning too. :lol:), Pitt Bulls and all of the above that you named Rabid... I honistly think they are beautifull too! ESPECIALLY after seeing a Bullmastiff pup at the dogschool. Adorable and cuteness overload!

Everyone's got their own opinion and are entitled to it, but that doesn't mean that you need to go saying "that's ugly, that's yucky..." because it just causes people to feel bad or even get really angry and offensive. Would you go up to a wrestler (let's say... umm.. Big Show from WWE) and tell him you think he looks like a girl? I DON'T THINK SO!!

So as an advice... TREAT EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING AS BIG SHOW AND I BET PEOPLE WILL LOVE YOU! ;-)

And as for the troll thing... I agree with K. Many of us have seen trolls way too many times! How about the crating thread? ;-) This is even more stupid then that one. An obvious troll!!

Oh, and Rabid... even though I know you're a troll... Here's something for you to think about... I love hairless dogs and have even applied for a kennel name so I can start breeding them. I think they are the most beautifull dogs in the world and I honistly don't care what you think! Nothing you say can make me change my mind and I know all of the people here think the same about their breeds SO WHY EVEN TRY??

It's fine for you to think that way but this whole thread is totally unneccecary and useless. Sorry if I hurt you, but THAT'S WHAT [b]I[/b] THINK!

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='charles']I came here looking for advice on wireless fencing

But i come to a dog lovers site and see... hatred. Reminds me of rush liimbaugh land more than a place for pet lovers.

This guy made a statement of opinion (ugly dogs.. and yes there are ugly dogs.. there are even ugly babies. Hate to shock you) along with an inaccurate statement "mean dogs".. btw pit bulls are the most loving dog breed ive Ever seen. When raised with love they make labrador retrievers look positively unsociable. To the future owner of one be prepared to spend a lot of time covered in slobber and dog fur.

I know how prejudices are. Angel is my 4 year old jet black chow/wolf. People freak at the concept. John is her son. He's chow/wolf/sharpeigh and about the size of a small horse. People are terrified of angel because of her breed. They're terrified of john because of his size. Johns favorite thing is to cover you with slobber from 10 feet away with the worlds longest tongue . He can literally coat your entire lower arm in one lick!
Angels is to jump and run and chase things.. and play.. but only with me. She is terrified of people and will run away from them. She wont 'defend her territory' she will literally flee her own home. A teen neighbor got bit by her 2 years ago. His mother was irate. (John is the offspring of one of their sharpei). I didnt want to mention to her that her son had a habit of walking by my house and taunting them, throwing sticks and rocks in their direction etc etc etc (you know the type) so angel nicked his lower calf. Of course angel gets the blame for being one of "those dogs" rather than the kid who from the time she wsas a puppy has thrown rocks and sticks at yer, yelled at her and taunted her.

Now back to my real point. You've just alienated someone who likes dogs. And made him think you are all whackos reactionary jerks. all you had to do was inform him that the ONLY way pit bulls etc get mean are because their owners make them that way. Or that "to those of us who love xxxxxxbreedhere they are the most beautiful dogs! We find other breeds sortof unpretty compared! But please dont say it that way its sortof insultin".

Instead you all went off on attacks, tirades and idiocy. If you want to educate people about animals, dogs in particular, you should consider that it might be much easier if you dont equate them with hitler for not using the sites particular politically correct speech.[/quote]

Well, since you are all about education, perhaps you can tell us how your dog whom you describe as a chow/wolf mix (of course a lot of people who think that they have "wolfdogs" just have mutt dogs, with no wolf content at all) came to have a son in the first place. Did you breed this fear biting supposedly wolf/chow with the neighbor's shar pei? Why?

primrose

[quote name='charles'] Reminds me of rush liimbaugh land more than a place for pet lovers.

[/quote]
UGH!! Now that's just wrong. Comparing us to Rush is hitting below the belt. Geez! *shudder*

[quote name='primrose']Well, since you are all about education, perhaps you can tell us how your dog whom you describe as a chow/wolf mix (of course a lot of people who think that they have "wolfdogs" just have mutt dogs, with no wolf content at all) came to have a son in the first place. Did you breed this fear biting supposedly wolf/chow with the neighbor's shar pei? Why?
[/quote]
*sniff*sniff* I smells the potential for another great debate. Actually, I thought about the some of the same points that prim just brought up. I say let it fly and move it to debates.

[quote]Angel is my 4 year old jet black chow/wolf. [u]People freak at the concept.[/u] John is her son. He's chow/wolf/sharpeigh and about the size of a small horse. [/quote]
I know it kind of freaks me out. Want to enlighten me as to why it shouldn't? I ask this in a sincere manner and not as a smarty britches.

It can be moved to debates if need be. 8)

[quote name='charles']all you had to do was inform him that the ONLY way pit bulls etc get mean are because their owners make them that way. Or that "to those of us who love xxxxxxbreedhere they are the most beautiful dogs! We find other breeds sortof unpretty compared! But please dont say it that way its sortof insultin".

Instead you all went off on attacks, tirades and idiocy. If you want to educate people about animals, dogs in particular, you should consider that it might be much easier if you dont equate them with hitler for not using the sites particular politically correct speech.[/quote]
Hi Charles, and welcome to the forum. Sorry, but I find the attack, idiocy and tirades started with the original post. I dont feel bad about anyones replies in this thread. Had rabidpoodle stated her question more properly, I can assure you that the responses would be different too.By the way, some pitbulls are GENETICALLY PREDISPOSED to have temperament issues, its not always the owner who makes them mean. Although 8 times out of 10 it problems do arise from lack of socialization (or abuse/neglect/etc,) it would be foolish to overlook the breeding of dogs that have no business being bred. I hope you stick around. We are all good people, and there is a heck of a lot of knowledgeable people and good advice to be gained.
-Jeff