Dogomania

it's my dogs house

Does anyone have a copy of the verse that has been on here before
about the house being the dogs home and visiter should not mind the dog hair ect.
A friend of mine has two labs a person she knows called to see her, the visiter was very rude and told my friend she should send her dogs to the animal shelter because they smelled and made a mess (they are both in a moult)
so would like to print it off for her but I can not remember it

I thought you meant this one at first Judy until you mentioned dog hair. Have saved the other one too, great poem.

[b][color=red]VISITOR[/color][/b]

[b][color=blue]These are our dogs
This is their home
From which we hope
They'll never roam

They're faithful friends
We love them best
This is their home
You are a guest

So if dogs to you
Are just a peeve
By all means
FEEL FREE TO LEAVE[/color][/b]

Ooooooooooo! I like the poem! Gonna print it out and frame it with pictures of Felix and hang it on the wall across from the front door for the In-laws and my sister to see as soon as they walk in the door when they come over for visits. They don't Felix; they think he's an nuasance(sp?) but he's not (he's better trained then my sister's dogs whom she barely even trained with obideance) and we love him dearly. thanks!

Amanda

My favorite is one I have framed by my front door.
=================================

My Dog's House

This is my dogs' house
They live here
You'll find they roam freely
From the front to the rear
I'm glad you came to see us
My dogs are also glad you're here
I hope that in their own way
They bring you a degree of cheer
But if my dogs upset you
Or you simply find them a bore
Remember this is my dogs' house
And I'll gladly show you the door

by Theresa Clark

heres another one you can use - no copyright infringements, I wrote it.
It's hanging by my front door.

My dogs live here, they’re here to stay.
you don’t like pets, be on your way.
they share my home, my food, my space
this is their home, this is their space.

You will find dog hair on the floor,
they will alert you’re at the door.
they may request a little pat,
a simple “no” will settle that.

It gripes me when I hear you say
“just how is it you live this way?
they smell, they shed, they’re in the way….”
WHO ASKED YOU? is all I can say….

They love me more than anyone,
my voice is like the rising sun,
they merely have to hear me say
“C’mon girls, time to go and play”

then tails wag and faces grin,
they bounce and hop and make a din.
They never say “no time for you”,
they’re always there, to GO and DO.

and if I’m sad? They’re by my side
and if I’m mad? they circle wide
and if I laugh, they laugh with me
they understand, they always see.

so once again, I say to you
come visit me, but know this too….

My dogs live here, they’re here to stay.
you don’t like pets, be on your way.
they share my home, my food, my space
this is their home, this is their space.

whichever one you like better Mouse...I wont be insulted if it's not mine.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wrote mine because I got sick (mostly of my mom) of people complaining that my dogs "were in the way", "left hair all over" "the couch is covered with hair" "they smell"...and I would pretty much have to recite all the facts in the poem. this is the price you pay for having the dogs.
I clean up the hair all the time, but there is always SOME that seems to be there when guests come over. I actually told someone once that "fine. you dont want dogs. dont have any. But police chiefs have already declared that a dog is the best deterent to a burglary. If you get robbed, I dont want to hear about it."

:D :D :D

[quote]I love that paragraph! I had my appendix removed in December and when I got home from the hospital Divina jumped up in the chair to be with me. Instead of running directly up the center (like she usually does, it is the quickest way for her tongue to meet my face!) she walked up the side of the chair and made herself comfy on my thigh or even up on my shoulder. She somehow knew not to jump on my belly! She made my healing time much quicker...
[/quote]

this is the one thing I find the most amazing. They KNOW when you are sick/ill/indisposed...HOW do they know? Dogs can smell cancers, sense trouble, guide the blind and let the deaf know someone's at the door....
It takes training, I know, but they take to it so WELL!!! It almost comes naturally....Free laid by Kyles side after he had shattered his leg, and could do nothing but lay on the couch and take pain killers. She NEVER left his side. I had to pull her out the door to go do her stuff, and she would come straight back in and lay down on the floor near him. If he rolled over she would bark and come get me....there was nothing comfy or soft next to the couch. the rug was 6 inches away, that wasnt good enough. She had to be on the hardwood floor right next to his head. and just watched him, day in and day out....

sigh . . . I have a load of "regular guests" who feel too much at home here. They seem to feel that their shoes belong in the entrance way not on the shoe rack and their coat belongs on the ground beside the chair they are occupying and their bags and electronics spread all over my house. Today one git tossed his plastic cd cover on the ground and when the dog retrieved it he said "God, why do I bring anything over here!" . . . I'd be just as happy if they didn't.

[quote name='courtnek']heres another one you can use - no copyright infringements, I wrote it.
It's hanging by my front door.[/quote]

Would you please PM me your real first and last name so that I may properly credit you when I print this out and hang it in my house?

Michelle