Dogomania

Laurel and the dog park...

courtnek

well, Laurel has proven herself amiable to coming back when called, so I took her to the non-enclosed dog park today. I took Freebee too, because i COULDNT stand the sad face of "why her, and not me?" I kept Freebee on her long leash, and watched her, but let Laurel run around. She was amazing. She greeted all the dogs, became submissive when necesary, and just played otherwise. She's exhausted now, and sleeping at my feet.

Boy can that dog RUN!! her hunting training came to fore, she outran every other dog in the park!! no one could keep up with her! I eventually let Freebee loose too, since she showed remarkable (for her) tolerance of the other dogs. Freebee chased her around the park, like she does in the yard, and with the extra room, Laurel outpaced her so bad Freebee had to come lie down!! As did the other dogs. No one could catch her. and she's SUCH a tease..she would sidle up to another dog, entice it to chase her, and then leave it in her dust!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks Mei Mei...there is a notable difference in Free since Laurel came. I dont know how to explain it. Laurel is both dominant, in some aspects, and not, in others. Laurel gets away with stuff Alex never did...She "plays" Freebee...pushes her buttons, backs down when necessary, but lights up when not. She is much more intelligent then I would have given her credit for, in the beginning.....she both keeps the peace, and pushes back at the same time. They had a one on the other day...Freebee wants to clean her ears..Laurel doesnt want her to. Laurel eventually snapped, and snarled, snapping at Freebee's nose....I broke it up. They both obeyed (I am alpha) but the point was driven home. Freebee doesnt bother Laurel when she doesnt want to be bothered. weird...Freebee is SO full of herself, I did NOT expect this. to see Free in the park, accepting ( not exactly playing, but not being belliegerent) and chasing Lau7rel down..I think Free is learning, through Laurel, to be more socailized. She now looks to Laurel, when outside, to decide whether to be a "bitch" or not...no pun intended.

Let's see how psychic I am... you're going to need new clothes soon because you shall be exercising more. It seems to me like now that your ladies are showing such reliability and are enjoying themselves so much, you're committed. No turning back now. They're going to come to expect these outings and you can't possibly look at those sad eyes and deny them now can you?

I'm glad they had such a good time. Enjoy your new wardrobe. :)

[quote name='Horsefeathers!']Let's see how psychic I am... you're going to need new clothes soon because you shall be exercising more. It seems to me like now that your ladies are showing such reliability and are enjoying themselves so much, you're committed. No turning back now. They're going to come to expect these outings and you can't possibly look at those sad eyes and deny them now can you?

I'm glad they had such a good time. Enjoy your new wardrobe. :)[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

too true!! and that would be a good thing, I could use to shed some pounds!! they had so much fun, they made me feel guilty when we left!
Staring out the car windows, barking goodbye....Laurel baying...it's not easy to drive with that sound behind your ears...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think Hillside hit it right on the head! They are now, BOTH, laying on the couch. FREEBEE'S TERRITORY... she grumbled a little when Laurel jumped up, and they are at opposite ends and not "looking" at each other....but sharing the couch. Alex never got to share the couch...if he got there first, he would either warn Freebee off (which she usually ignored) and eventually had to get down....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

what a drama!! I should write a book...