Dogomania

I'm in tears...

I don't even know where to begin. I'm sitting here sobbing in hysterics. As you know Meg has had an injury the past few weeks and hasn't been walked at all only in the back garden, and she has been having lazer treatment from the vet. Tonight I went down to see her as I do every day and asked Sam (the husband of Meg's other owner Margaret) what was the latest from the vet (she was there this morning). He said the vet was pleased with her and suggested a run-out. I went berserk especially when Sam mentioned about giving her a good run up at the agility field. Like seriously.. you do NOT run a dog after she hasn't even been WALKED for the past 4/5 weeks! She needs to build up muscle tone again by walking, not mad bloody gallops around a course. I reminded him that she was a pet first and foremost, and that its damn unfair putting her in pain for agility.

The next words nearly mae me sick. He said that if she was in pain doing agility then he would put her down. The selfish bas****! :evil: He just doesn't see that she is a wee pet! I hate him..God I hate him so much for saying those words. I'm going down tomorrow to talk to Margaret (Meg's co-owner) and asking again about taking her to the Netherlands. I have to get her away with me.. she will be killed if I leave her here. I'm just so upset beyond words right now, and I feel physically sick. :cry:

Kat this is terrible of him! How cruel, as if agility was her sole reason for existing. Decidedly not so! She is your best furry pal, your heart and soul pet, not just a thing to do a sport with.
I hope Meg is on the mend to the fullest extent possible, if that includes agility, cool, if not, still cool. I agree, after such a layoff, she needs to be brought back to athletic status slowly.
I know you will fight for your girl, you have my total support.

on a more reasonable note - if you are legal co-owner of this dog, YOU have a say in what happens to her. He cant put her to sleep without your consent. This would have to be a legal, in-writing, co-ownership...and you can use this against him. If she proves "no good" for agility, offer to take full ownership of the dog, if all he wants her for is agility, and she cant perform, he may be willing to give her up.

call an attorney, investigate your options. if not, RUN LIKE HELL AND TAKE HER WITH YOU!!!

:evilbat: :evilbat: :evilbat: :evilbat:

Thanks all of you for your support. It really is lovely to read such supporting words . My parents are not happy with the situation either and know how much Meg means to me. Tonight after I came back from studying at uni, I went down to bring her to my own house to groom and play with. Sam was hanging a door and on my way past, apologised for what he said. I'm still not happy and as soon as I can catch Margaret on her own I am going to bite the bullet and get down on hands and knees. Living without wee Meg near me is just something I would find very very hard. :(