Dogomania

help! I've been taken by Shogun Kennels

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I purchased a puppy from Shogun Kennels. She was supposed to be a blue with an available pedigree for an additional $150.00. I said no problem. My family and I left very happy with a very sweet pit pup. I have just found out from my vet that she is just now 10 wks. (Sold to us at about 5 weeks) They finally called us back after 5 phone calls to them screaming at my husband. (I guess they didn't like that I promised to pusue this in the courts) Said all we had to do was come to their home and bring them the cash first and since we did not to bad for us. We got no health cert. She is NOT blue she is black. We have no papers. I dont know what to do. HELP :(

Why do you need the dogs papers? Are you planning or breeding her? I dont want to sugarcoat anything. It seems pretty suspect that a breeder would send a 5 week old puppy home with anyone. It doesnt sound like they are reputable. Sorry to hear what happened. If it was me, I would just cut my losses and enjoy your sweet puppy.

Guest Anonymous

well said!
There are some seriously bad breedinrs out there with very unscrupulous practices and bad Karma all around them. you have to do mo research on your breeder then you do on a prospective puppy. I would submit thier names to the bad breeders list, then plaster this all over every board that they are a bad breeder, you dont want this to happen to anyone else. and unless you are planning on breeding (and i cant see a reason to) then you dont NEED the papers, but if you want to get involved in sports and things like that this can get in the way. I am not sure what i would do in your situtaion, its sucks and im sorry you have to gpo through it.

Guest Anonymous

takes it as a lesson learned. next time, buy a puppy based on good breeder reputation and health certification, rather than color.

Guest Anonymous

I agree with the others, take it as a loss and enjoy your pup.
I really hope you arent planning to breed. It is apparent you dont know enough about pit bulls to be breeding them.
Next time you want to buy a pit, do some research on the breeders. Its not hard to find info on the reputable breeders.

[quote]She is NOT blue she is black. We have no papers. I dont know what to do. HELP [/quote]

She's still the same sweet puppy you brought home. Just love her the same as you would if she were the puppy you thought you were getting. It's not her fault she's not the color you wanted.

I agree with the others. Dont hold it against the puppy...she loves YOU regardless..I would submit the breeder to both the AKC for Pitt Bulls, AND
to the Better Busines Bureau. This was a sale...they didnt live up to their end of the deal.

Also, I would go to other Pit Bull sites and tell them to spread the word about this kennel. Info is the best thing to use - the more people that have it, the better.

Good luck with your pup....

:angel:

• 2 years later...

My name is Tyler Hood of Shogun Kennels established in '05. THE SHOGUN KENNELS THIS PERSON IS REFERRING TO IS NOT [url]WWW.SHOGUNKENNELS.COM[/url]

I have been breeding for 10+ years, but have only recently built a website and given myself the name Shogun Kennels. My web designer came across this thread and brought it to my attention. I just wanted to see if I could help in anyway. I breed bully-style dogs with sound temperements and do not sacrifice structure for movement.

Once again, this person is not referring to me or my website [url]www.shogunkennels.com[/url]. I'm only replying to see if there is anything I can do to help.

So my question is, what state do you live, and in which state did you buy your puppy? I'll help you get to the bottom of this if I can.

Depending upon what state you live in (assuming, the U.S.), you may be able to pursue the breeder based upon the Puppy Lemon Law in your state. Most states do not allow breeders to sell the puppies before 8 weeks, etc.

As far as the trouble & heartache.... I tend to agree with the others and say, just keep her and love her and learn for next time. If you do pursue it, just remember that you might get your money back, but you'll probably have to give the puppy back. Are you willing to do that? Something to think about...

• 1 month later...

I hear so often of people who have had bad experiences with breeders. It upsets me so much. It's not just the upset the people have with a puppy that is not as it was advertised it is that they give good breeders a bad name. The first red flag for you about buying a puppy from this breeder is that they told you they were selling a pup at 5 weeks of age. I don't know of any reputable breeders that sell pups at 5 weeks.