Dogomania

poop, the soft serve kind

mydogroxy

for a while, roxy has had diarrhea on and off. it usually happens about once or twice a week and not throughout the whole day, just isolate incidents. initially i thought perhaps her chicken was going a little south by the time i gave it to her (i was defrosting a package at a time, so it would sit in the fridge for 4 days or so) so i stopped doing that. yesterday i gave her a freshly defrosted leg quarter and this morning it was worse than ever! i remove the skin and trim most of the fat, so it can't be that. help!

on another board people suggested that it could be allergy to chicken. my question is why does she only react sometimes?

I CAN'T DEAL WITH MORE DOGGY DIARRHEA SOMEONE HELP!

the easiest way to find out would really be to avoid the chicken for a while and feed a different protein source.

one other thing i could think of is that it might not be the chicken itself as much as possible residue in the meat.

is it just regular store-bought chicken? if so, you might have ended up with a batch that had a particularly high level of antibiotics. factory farmed chickens get all kinds of stuff pumped into them.

other than that, is it [b]only[/b] the chicken that could possibly cause problems? or is there anything else you have been feeding the days before she gets diarrhea?

it is just regular ol' store bought chicken (it was perdue i think), so that is something to think about. she has a pretty good variety in what she eats, but whenever she gets the squishy poops it's after dinner (rmbs). also, my mind might be faltering here, but i don't recall her having this issue when she was mostly eating beef.

it's definitely something worth looking into.

my own dog has problems with pork and he tends to get diarrhea if i feed too much of it at a time. so he only gets about 2/3rds the amount of pork rmb's per meal compared to beef, lamb and turkey. i don't have a good source of chicken right now, so he rarely gets any.

i've seen 10-lb bags of chicken leg quarters at my local supermarket the other day, for 45 cents per pound. whenever i see something like that, it really makes me think, where did that stuff come from and what did they feed the chickens, if they can sell parts for that price and still make a profit. :(