Dogomania

RIP HOLLY! my pride and joy has left this world. *cry*

Holz_Boomer

yes, thats right..my dear Holly.. :cry: i cant even express how upset i am..but what is really tearing me completely apart is how upset Boomer is..let me tell it from the beginning

i was at my boyfriends house and all was well but i called my house to tell my sister to telll my mom that ive been invited to stay for dinner..she told me that holly was sick..and that shes been rushed by my parents to the emergency vet..yes, i immediatley started to cry..my dogs mean the world to me and if ANYTHING ever happened.. :o but my sister told me not to cry because they were sure she would be absolutely fine..the thought of her passing away was the furthest from our minds

later, my mom came and picked me and my friend Amanda up in the car, and i said okay so they gave her something and shes fine at home now, or is she spending the night at the vet.? my mom said "sweety we can talk about that when we get home" but i knew what was coming..i knew it..speechless, i started to ball...my mom told me the full story..earlier on in the night, Holly had came to the door in a little ball and she was shaking like you wouldnt believe..mom took her and gave her some fresh water but it got worse, and she was foaming at the mouth! my parents immediately took her to a vet, but it was a Sunday night so the only one open was quite far away..but they went anyways..when in the car ride there..she had been getting worse and worse. as they got her to the vet, while one of the vets was telling my parents that SHE HAD BEEN POISONED, another one came in and said that she had a heart attack, and her heart stopped. my poor baby, i love her so much! all i can do is cry!! my mom told me that when they got home, even though Boomer wasnt even tehre when my mom took her to the vet, or when Holly was sick, he was cryin/whimpering when my parents pulled up the laneway..so thats the story my mom told me when i was in the car balling my eyes out saying that its not fair while my friend Amanda hugged me and cry..some people may say its just a dog..but she was my ABSOLUTE best friend..i loved her soo much and she wasnt JUST a dog..she and Boomer are my LIFE..they are what i wake up to each morning..and i cried and i cried and i cried..being the dog lover of the family, every family member and friend was very sympathetic towards me. My sister showed me a folder that the vet gave to my parents..it included poems and things to cope with this..inside, there is a really nice booklet for kids to fill out about their pet that has passed...so i did..and as i filled it out with pictures and memories, the memories started flowing back, and it made me feel so much better/ and i know holly loves me

i just want holly to know, that she was my best friend and that i love her..i want her to know just how much she meant to me..but the very thing that makes me soo sad is Boomer..he has never lived being the only dog..Holly and Boomer used to do EVERYTHING together, there was never a dull moment, they were always running and playing! but all last night boomer howled and cried, i basically slept in the garage with him! coming home from school, i knew that Boomer would be VERY lonely..so i spent time with him for hours and hours and hours and THE THING THAT MAKES ME CRY SO MUCH IS THAT WHEN I WAS LIEING WITH HIM , I SHOWED HIM A PICTURE OF HOLLY AND HE WHIMPERED AND PAWWED AT IT!! :o :o :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry: it breaks my heart! his very best friend is gone..he is going to be such a lonely puppy...but im going to MAKE SURE that i spend SOO MUCH time with him and to keep him going.. i love him very much and it hurts me to see him like this..but everytime i try to get in his head, i feel pain..for how he is feeling..his very best friend has left this world and is never coming back :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Holly was so young, she didnt deserve this..she was healthy..and NO BODY saw this coming, for she was so lively and this was so unexpected..i just want her to rest in peace :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: |

HOLLY YOU MEAN THE WORLD TO ME I LOVE YOU *CRY CRY CRY CRY*

Oh wow, I'm so sorry! That's awful. I'm sure Holly knew how much you loved her. And I'm sure she loved you the same

Boomer needs to grieve just like you do. At least he still has you. I bet he's greatful for your presence while he is missing Holly.

Rest in Peace Holly :angel:

Baby I'm so sorry. This is dreadful news. I can only shudder and know I would be as broken as you are if one of mine were to go so suddenly. A dogs life is too short as it is, to be taken from you like this is just horrible. Holly was loved, Holly had the best friend ever in you. Sending you and Boomer a cyber hug and hugging my furry ones as well.

Sweetheart, I am so so sorry. I am sitting here at my desk with tears in my eyes imagining how upset you are. :cry: :cry:

The thing you will NEVER EVER get from any of us here is the "it's just a dog" line. We all know how much you loved her and totally understand your pain.

I'm glad you and Boomer have each other for comfort.

I am terribly sorry to hear this. Someone poisoned our neighbors 2 dogs, and we were in fear of it for months.. No idea who did it, and it's hard to go through(i loved those dogs!). We feared it was because they were a high-christian family. Do they have any idea what type of poison? You should watch your other dog very carefullly..

Guest Anonymous

:cry: :cry: I'm just bawling like a little baby here. I felt so shocked when you told me on MSN, and after reading what you wrote here the realization kina hit me and I just started bawling. I know what it's like to lose your best friend like that, and I'm terribly sorry. You and Boomer are very lucky though that you still have eachother.
Deffently keep a closer eye on him now too, just in case. It would be a horrible tragedy for you lose both of them now!! :o :cry:
Good luck and all my wishes to you sweetie, I hope you feel better soon. Just remember that Holly wouldn't want to see you cry, and she deffently wouldn't want you to cry because of her, that's what's always helped me. To stay strong for them, because they are always still there with us, and all they did while on earth was try and make us happy, and they deffently don't stop doing that after their dead :wink:

I'm so sorry. :cry: *Hugs* Just remember that Holly is in a place now where she will be happy forever and nothing will ever happen to her. She is looking down on you and Boomer right now.

You take care of yourself and Boomer and know that we are here for you.

RIP Holly, run free. :angel:

I'm so, so, SO sorry!! *hugs* :cry: I've got tears in my eyes imaging how it would feel if I'd lost either Ben or Bella. And I get tears especially from imaging Boomer. Poor little thing. :cry:

I know this might sound harsh or horrible, but mabye a new dog would be good for poor Boomer? I mean... If he's never been the only dog that might help him. The new doggy would ofcourse be no replacement for Holly, but mabye a way to make the greaving a little bit easier for Boomer.

RIP Holly! I will light a candle for you tonight! :angel:

Guest Anonymous

I am so sorry for your loss. We know that she immensely enjoyed the life she had with you....let those memories live.

{{{{{ }}}}}}

i thank you all so much for all of your so kind replies. those words mean so much to me. they really do!

you are all so kind and i love you all, you've made me feel so much better. You are all such nice people and this means so much to me.

i downloaded the song I believe, thank you, it did help, its a really sweet song!

and Boomer is better, i think he realizes now that i am there for him and i feel just like he does, and now he knows that he has me. hes such a sweety.

Crested- i know what you mean, and my friend's GSD is having puppies and she says her mom would give me one. and i think Boomer would like to be, for once, the oldest, the leader, to be looked up to, rather than the baby! lol but my parents said no more puppies..BUT i kkind of hate to say it, but then again i dont..? :roll: but ever since, this has helped me to be a better dog owner! its true, it really has. and i think if i keep it up, and never leave Boomer's side, and just be his best friend like ive been all along, i dont think he'll be TOO lonely, we'll have to see.

Girls, i really cant express just how much those words meant to me and i thank you so very much. Bless you all! :)