Dogomania

Crying

Duke_3

Just a stupid question. can dogs cry? I know they have somewahat of a tear duct, as do all or most living thigns, but can tehy cry? Becuase today duke has allot of wettness aroud his eyes, not so much wetness like in shizt-zu or other dog, BUt it was not sleep either, it was like eye goobers but all over, only on the inside of his eyes to it was jsut like wet very wet i wiped it all away and it hasnt come back but im jsut wondering..

A dog's eye will tear up just like ours do to wash away debris and to keep the eye protected from scratches. So in that sense they do "cry".

Something may have been irritating his eye and he was producing more tears then normal to wash it away. Just keep an eye on him :-) hehe

they dont "cry" like we do...it's not an emotional thing. But their eyes do tear, to clear away debris and such....excessive tearing could be an allergy, or maybe something blew in his eye. Just wipeaway the "goobers" and keep an eyeon him...no pun intended.

:D

This really doesn't have much to do with the subject at hand, but when Annie gets crated while all the other dogs eat on Friday nights (she gets her meal saturday morning at her class instead), her eyes get so big and sad in efforts to bribe food out of us that they actually water, to the point that they run and it looks like tears..... I always tease my mom and say "awwwww, look, Annie's crying because she didn't get any again" :lol: