Dogomania

Went to the dog beach today!

StarFox

We went to the beach today!! WooHoo! We had such a good time.

It was zebra's first time going to the beach and at first he was a little weary of the smell of the ocean. I guess because there is so much salt in the air he wasn't use to it. When we got down the the ocean I put zebs 30 ft. leash on because he has horrible recal and I didn't want him to run off anywhere. It was so funny because he went down the the water and when the wave came up and got his feet wet he jumped sideways to get away from it. He didn't like being in the water at all but that's fine. There were tons of dogs there (and a LOT of hot surfers :wink: ). Zebra got to play with a very nice pit mix and they kinda wore eachother out they were running around so much. ....Then a lab peed on our blanket.. :o We were talking to the owner at the time and I turned around and well...the dog was lifting it's leg. But it was only a little pee and the owner felt realy bad and kept appologizing, no hard feeling, dogs pee where they want to pee.

After about an hour and a half playing we went to go get lunch at a dog freindly place called "the beach cafe". Your allowed to bring your dogs to the cafe and sit outside. They provide water for your dog and have a special "doggy menu" too! It was soooo cute!! There were tons and tons of dogs there, a realy FAT chihuahua(sp?), a old rottie and his old owner :lol: , 2 little bichons. So we got our food and zebra got a "Bow wow wow" (chicken breast) and a "cool dog" (ice cream). :lol: This place was soo cool and the people there were so freindly (of course dog people are always nice!). Then as we were paying guess what I saw????? 3.....[b]3[/b] Irish Wolf Hounds!!!!!!!!!!! :o :P Oh my lord I know they are the tallest dog but WOW thoes are some HUGE dogs! And I got to pet them! Ohh I was soo happy! Oh and when we were there there were these bratty kids that kept running up to all the dogs and petting them and the mom kept chasing the kids around, I was soo tempted to hand them zebra's leash and tell them to use it with there kids :evilbat: .

All in all it was a wonderful day and zebra was behaving perfectly, in fact he was the best behaved that he has ever been.

But I did bring something home from our adventures today.....a TICK! On me!!! aggh! I think it was on my pants then it got on my bed. :o :(

I took a few pics so I'll post them soon!

can't wait to see the pictures... I wish they allowed dogs in retaurants (outside, I don't care where) here too, I'm so envious... We only got to take Hippo on a patio once at a festival, and that was only because one of the waiters really liked her--otherwise we would have all died of thirst :lol:
anyway, I think beaches are lots of fun, I take Hippo to our beach too, and just like your Zebra, she doesn't wanna swim... she tries to drink all the lake up instead.

It sounds like you had a great time!

Dog beaches are so great!Digging in the sand and swimming in the water,not to mention all the doggie pals.Except when you get annoying kids like you said,it gets kind of annoying.

My eldest dog goes nuts whenever she smells the salty air because she loves the beach so much,unfortunately to get anywhere from my house it involves driving past a river.It involves lots of whinning and pawing of the window because she REALLY wants to go and play!

starfox, which beach did you go to?

huntington dog beach or somewhere up in malibu?

usually i either drive up to malibu, or to surfer's point in ventura but would like to check out that dog beach in huntingtron beach someday.

[quote]starfox, which beach did you go to?

huntington dog beach or somewhere up in malibu?

usually i either drive up to malibu, or to surfer's point in ventura but would like to check out that dog beach in huntingtron beach someday.[/quote]

Hey TDG, I went to the Huntington dog beach. It was realy nice but kinda hard to get down on the ocean, there are allot of ciffs, but it's realy nice once you get down on the beach. Oh by the way I didn't know you lived in CA! :lol:

I don't know if there are any dog beaches in the chicago but here is the site that helped me find the dog beaches in CA. It is a WONDERFUL site, it tells you the hotels, beaches, parks, attractions, transportation and resturaunts that you can take your dog too. They are all listed by state and they even have some places in Canada.

[url]http://www.dogfriendly.com/server/travel/guides/us/cityguides.shtml[/url]

Enjoy! This site is a lifesaver!!! :P

I went there and found a dog beach in Evanston, just north of Chicago, but you have to have an Evanston dog license and buy a yearly pass to get in....that is a very ritzy, wealthy community...Apparently they want to keep us other "lowlifes" off their beaches....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They apparently allow dogs on Montrose Beach in Chicago, but theres a bunch of petitions being circulated to shut that down. Thats' too bad....