Dogomania

Felix got run over Easter morning!

atghylin

He's fine... just got a few hairs on his tail yanked out by the roots. But... GRRR!!!! the JERK didn't even stop to see if he was okay just kept driving!!!!!!!

Deep breath.... from the top...

Because I got Easter off we decided to go back to Moses Lake for the day. Give the grandparents a chance to spend some Easter time with the boys. Not quite a quarter of the way there Kristopher starts complaining about needing to use the bathroom so we pull into the next rest stop. Figured while we were there we would let Felix relieve himself too. Hubby parks next to a green car. The driver was just starting his car as Hubby and I are standing a few inches from his car... Hubby with Felix's leash in hand and Felix at the other end and me opening Kristopher's door so he can go to the restroom.

Now I ask you... WHO in their right mind even considers pulling out of a parking space when they see (in full view) 2 adults and a 5 yr old kid standing inches from the passenger's door of their car?

This jackass... excuse my language :oops: ... not only considered it HE DID IT! :evil: :WTF:

Felix (for once :roll: ) was at a perfect heal by hubby's side when the front tire backed over his tail. Now I understand that with as small as Felix is the driver could never have been able to see him BUT... when I heard Felix yelp and sprint forward I KNEW what happened and told hubby as much as I caught up with my dog and checked him over for injuries. Hubby informed the driver over the sound of highway traffic that he had run over the dog. The asshole... excuse me again :oops: ... aknowledged my husband with what I don't know wasn't paying much attention to them...I think it was something about ALLOWING my dog to be under his tires while he was backing out... he was there for seconds only as hubby was stepping onto the curb :evil: . The resulting verbal collision ended with the driver driving off with the sting of hubby's final insult in his ears.

What pisses me off is that the jerk never stopped and asked if Felix was okay. Just kept driving and throwing insults back at us.

The good news is that Felix has only a tiny bald spot on his tail and the hair will grow back. But still.... :evil: :evil: you get the idea.

Amanda

P.S. I guess I should apoligize for the delay in the tell of the story but work has kept me too tired to check back with you guys as often as I'd like. Sorry :oops:

you'd be amazed how many dont...poor Felix, I'm glad just his hair was affected. Did you get his tail checked out, make sure its not crushed or injured or anything?

I once saw someone plow headlong into a Golden Retriever - not exactly a small dog you cant see, and kept right on going. I ended up picking him up and taking him to the closest vet, which was only about 1/2 mile away.
They contacted his owners, but he had broken ribs and a broken leg. Even in so much pain, he never snapped at me or even raised a lip....Gentle soul. I did turn the idiot driver in, cuz I got her plate number, but never found out if anything happened about it....

People are just stupid sometimes....

:evil: :evil:

His tail is fine. He's not favoring it in any way and it was wagging happily when we got to my mom's 'cause he knew he was going to get the chance to run with mom's lab and shihtzu all day on an acre of land. i also checked it thorughly when I got to mom's... I didn't find ANY adnormalities.

If I had to guess I'd say that Felix was walking away from the moving car as the idiot was backing up when the tire caught the fringes of hair on his tail. And the hair that was caught got yanked out 'cause he kept walking and the car kept moving. Bear in mind I didn't see it happen exactly... I was steering Kristopher toward the curb and had my entire attention on him.

Felix and I thank you for your well wishes and concern. Of course he's too busy with his new stuffed lady bug toy I bought him at the moment. It squeaks! :roll: